My Deep Water Culture, White Castle, SH, First Grow, 1 Blackjack Added

Other than trich color, I look for swollen calyxes and pistils changing colors. You got a day or two remaining for sure.

Hey, visiit us all here sometimes great discussions:

So far the Trich's look to be leaning toward the orangish brownish color, and not the redder color. I am fond of the red haired buds for one reason, a long time ago I used to get some bud my bud called Columbian Red Hair, and yeah, it had major red hairs. That was some killer stuff!!! I've never seen it again since my bud left, but man was that good times. :ganjamon:

HAHAHA I meant Pistils in this post! Vapedout last night when I typed that! :roorrip:

Thanks Dutch. She's lookin pretty happy, yellowing up quite a bit. Not sure if I should cut off any of the yellow leaves, so ima just leaf them there. She is swelling up a bit, and I am hoping for at least 10 more days before she's ready. I really want her to fatten up some more, and I'd like to hit her with a few good says of flush. Trich's are still clear, so hopefully they stay that way.
MC, I'm looking for about what you say you like to cut at, 30% amber. That seems like a good spot. I just got some more Cure bud from the shop and I can't wait to hit it up soon!!! Looks sooo good, and this time it has some purple in it, pretty cool! I was told it will be better then the last batch that was awesome. So, I'll be out for the night after this post.
Peace!

So far the Trich's look to be leaning toward the orangish brownish color, and not the redder color. I am fond of the red haired buds for one reason, a long time ago I used to get some bud my bud called Columbian Red Hair, and yeah, it had major red hairs. That was some killer stuff!!! I've never seen it again since my bud left, but man was that good times. :ganjamon:

orangeish brownish color is AMBER.

Remember that AMBER is the color of BUD LIGHT beer.
Bud Light? Get it?

orangeish brownish color is AMBER.

Remember that AMBER is the color of BUD LIGHT beer.
Bud Light? Get it?

:rofl: Yup, yup I got it!

So far, so good. She is still shooting clear trich's and maybe a cloudy one here and there, not even 10%. Once she starts going cloudy what's a good estimated amount of time before 30% amber? I know it always varies, just wondering an estimate, like 7-10 days?

I was planning a res change tonight with straight PH'd water. Being my first grow, and not having experience with harvest, I am planning a close, but not super close trim to leave some leaves with the sweet stuff on them for harvest. I think I only have about a week left, but am not sure. I think I want to go clear water, but may put in food for another couple of days. Tomorrow marks the completion of week 7 of flower. Suggestions???

Side note, I have seen a good amount of new leaves growing under the main fan leaves that are very yellow now, and have not had much of any leaves actually die, like a few weeks ago when I would pull 1-3 leaves a day that were falling off.

:rofl: Yup, yup I got it!

So far, so good. She is still shooting clear trich's and maybe a cloudy one here and there, not even 10%. Once she starts going cloudy what's a good estimated amount of time before 30% amber? I know it always varies, just wondering an estimate, like 7-10 days?

FAST, it happens very fast. You check them everyday and see no difference, and then one day you notice a few, then BAM, they all are cloudy and amber.

I was planning a res change tonight with straight PH'd water. Being my first grow, and not having experience with harvest, I am planning a close, but not super close trim to leave some leaves with the sweet stuff on them for harvest. I think I only have about a week left, but am not sure. I think I want to go clear water, but may put in food for another couple of days. Tomorrow marks the completion of week 7 of flower. Suggestions???

There are a few strains, like a mazar or some WW that can be ready in 7 weeks, but almsot all are 8 to 8 and half weeks, has been my experience.

Side note, I have seen a good amount of new leaves growing under the main fan leaves that are very yellow now, and have not had much of any leaves actually die, like a few weeks ago when I would pull 1-3 leaves a day that were falling off.

They are nearing maturity for sure, but I really think or guess that it will be a week to ten days more at least.

The pistils are really changing colors now. I see most of them are changing to the darker amber color. The buds are fattening up more, and they are really frosting up quite a bit. It looks like it snowed on the tops of a few of them. I think they will push quite a bit more resin out, I have been shaking them pretty good every few days. I think the torture is about to start after today's res change.

OH yeah! Start the torture! Start the torture! LOL!

For me color change on the pistals means to start looking at the leaves. You are right the it varies on when the pistals change vs. when the trichs are ready but in any case they are close and need to be watched. For instance, My pistals are at least half changed and the tricks are at about 10%. I figure a week and it will be ready to go. Actually, I'm thinking this weekend sometime which kind of works out with my scedule.

Computer problems this weekend (hence my limited presence) but all is well now. Found a nice guy who just opened up a business for computer repair and you have to admire a guy who does that in the teeth of what is going on economically these days. A $30 (cash) fix.

HAHAHA Yeah, I am ready for the torture to begin!

WOW! $30 for a computer fix is great! I'm guessing it was something not to time comsuming for the guy. I don't think you can find a teenager that would fix a computer for $30 around where I live!

I was there about an hour and he did it in front of me and informed on ways to avoid and treat in the future. Guy is busy as hell. 3 people stopped their's off while I was there. I think he is making it up in volume! Good news for him is I have another computer that I would like him to fix since he proved himself on this. His word of mouth is strong! His office is about 3 blocks from my house. Karma works!

This Saturday? Wow, you think they'll be done by then? That is so fast, just like you said. Well, I'm ready for it. I was hoping for another week or so, so I'll keep a close eye, and will check the trich's daily from now on. I will do my best to get the grow area very cold.

This Saturday? Wow, you think they'll be done by then? That is so fast, just like you said. Well, I'm ready for it. I was hoping for another week or so, so I'll keep a close eye, and will check the trich's daily from now on. I will do my best to get the grow area very cold.

Saturday is jsut an estimate or guess. BUT, lots of cold air and darkness would speed it up if you are in a hurry.

PICS!!!

DSCF24131.jpg

DSCF2412.jpg

DSCF24111.jpg

DSCF24101.jpg

I think I'm seeing some purple!!! Can't see it much in the pics. I'll see if I can get better ones. It's very little purpling, but kinda cool.

Back
Top Bottom