My Deep Water Culture, White Castle, SH, First Grow, 1 Blackjack Added

I got my Cal-Mag plus in from Botanicare. Now I am not sure how much to use... Need to do some homework!
MC, thanks again for the help. I have a good amount of space to work with especially since I'm only running one plant right now. I am just trippin since I have to leave my plant for a few days, and am so suprised by the size it's getting in the past few days alone. If it keeps groing like this, I will be worried while I'm gone. I'm not leaving until later on next week, so I will figure things out by then. I've started moving the lights closer again to stop the strech, and will move them back up while I leave, that will be a must.

Your fam is looking really nice Vaped! Seems all new growth loks nice and the you have problem under control. Same thing happened with my grow in the start. Hell, mine was a lot worse but pulled thru nicely. Same with Cadillac's grow, same symptoms.
And YES, make a note to always check PH in spray bottle! Anyhow, your plants are looking good and I hope my WW picks up like yours looks!
:plantslookfreakingawesome!!:
hmmmm....no smiley for that?
ok, here ya' go bro...
:welldone:

MC, that's what I've found and am planning on. The bottle even said it, and I wanted connfirmation, you know some of these things say to use X amount, but really you need to use Y amount. So thank you! I will use you recommended dose. I have the epsom salt (1Tbls per gallon) in there right now, and the new growth has been looking very good. I think that helpped the problem, but using the cal-mag is probably a better solution.

:popcorn:Thats exactly the dose i used of cal mag for my babies. THe only thing i noticed is the cal-max brand i am using likes to raise the PPm quite a bit, just keep that in mind and dont be too suprised if the ppm goes up a snap.

:grinjoint:Other than that, your grow looks like its going well. Really nice and bushy IMO. I topped mine yesterday too. Actually, I topped two buckets and fimmed 1. Just kinda wanna see the difference in the two methods as i am still new. I do know one thing. If i werent to do something, my dang plants would keep blasting off under my dang high power light. LOL. Mighta went overboard on the light for my first grow.

Keep it Growing bro!!!!:rollit:

Thanks Caddi. Good to know on the PPM thing. I'll check the PPM before and after so I know what that number is. Do you do a one time per drain and fill addition of the cal-mag? I HAVE to get ya'll some new pics, she is getting so bushy. The last pics I have up here are about half the size she is now!

Quick update. Added one tsp of cal mag, and fit hit the shan. You can see some pretty bad rust spotting in the following pic. I did a res change immediatly after. The cal-mag was added to the res that had the Epsom salt in it, was that stupid? I wanted to add one tsp for a couple days until I did the res change. I was seeing a bit of spotting still showing up and thought it could help. I filled the res with 3 gallons water, AN nutes, Cal-mag at 1.5 tsp, and PH down as needed. I'll be changing the res again on Wednesday. The picture doesn't show how bad the rusting is.
DSCF2116.jpg

MC, the plants are eating, but they have never eaten a ton. It's always been just a small amount. How much should it be eating. I was wondering about that last week. It took 7 days for the res to drop just under a half gallon of water, and the nute level only changes a bit each day. After adding the Epsom salt, the readings went up to over 2000 PPM and my PPM meter, crashed. This morning, the spotting has slowed down a lot, but I am still watching closely. I am thinking dropping the nutes by the gallon is a good idea for when I leave, so I might do that. I don't have anyone watching over my grow, but I do have it set to be pretty self sufficient. With the PH only moving a little, I think I'll be OK. I might have someone come over to add a couple cups of lower PH water, but don't know if that will be needed right now. I don't really want anyone knowing, or going into my grow.

Good that you are seeing improvement. It will be slower and definately slower than you want it to be.

Your water intake is kind of light but they were a little locked up from the deficiency and that too will change in time. It will be a good indicator when they start drinking at a higher level but again, be patient. I grow more plants in my res than you do so uptake is a little tough to judge. I would suspect that at full intake one plant might be 1/2 gallon every other day at most until to get to full veg-12/12 transition time. For instance, I have 5 plants at about your stage or a little smaller and they take about 1/2 gallon/day right now.

This is a minor problem and the fixes are in. Now you wait. Waiting is a bitch!

Other than that with a stable ph you should be good to leave it for a bit. Maybe when you come back it will all be fixed!

Yeah, that need to please gets out of hand sometimes! I'll never learn! I'll know but won't learn! LOL! Too many differences with each grow. And like you I always wonder if more will work this time. Different light - more! Different colored lights - more! Different nutes - definitely more! Wrong every time I do it! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom