My First Atempt Growing Big Bud & Hindu Kush Skunk

Yea, I can't help but think something absorbent like kitty litter or oil dry would help draw out unwanted water from the bottom layer of soil...at least it sounds good in theory anyway?

This idea just came to me and I thought I'd pass it along to someone who might want to try it, to see if it works. :)

I'm still "plantless" so, I can't try it for myself...but it's the kind of thing I would do if I was still growing, for sure!

Some of the best growing techniques came from people doing experiments to see if they work or not. ;)

There is nothing harmful or toxic in the clay they use to make absorbent material like Oil Dry/kitty litter so, I can see no problems with using it for this purpose...anyone else?

Hey Kamy...you been kinda quiet over there...just checking in and thought I would share this pic of the bottom of 2 of my plants that I just trimmed..A bit root bound but if I remember you told me to take pics. So this is for you....

006617.jpg

Yea, I can't help but think something absorbent like kitty litter or oil dry would help draw out unwanted water from the bottom layer of soil...at least it sounds good in theory anyway?

This idea just came to me and I thought I'd pass it along to someone who might want to try it, to see if it works. :)

I'm still "plantless" so, I can't try it for myself...but it's the kind of thing I would do if I was still growing, for sure!

Some of the best growing techniques came from people doing experiments to see if they work or not. ;)

There is nothing harmful or toxic in the clay they use to make absorbent material like Oil Dry/kitty litter so, I can see no problems with using it for this purpose...anyone else?

wait, wait, wait!!! kitty litter!!??!!?? do you put this inside the bottom of the pot... or in the drip pan??? I am confused here now...

maybe for the watering session.. but I really can't see this working to pull any moisture from the soil...maybe from the points where the holes are at... but only a little from that point...

thinking of this, I see a oil spill and think how you pile the kitty litter over the spill and if you pile it, it doesn't absorb up... you have to level it out over the spill and it soaks it up!!! I don't know... it is a testable theory, but don't count on me for that 1!!! LOL!!! interested to see though!!!

:peacetwo:

maybe for the watering session.. but I really can't see this working to pull any moisture from the soil...maybe from the points where the holes are at... but only a little from that point...

thinking of this, I see a oil spill and think how you pile the kitty litter over the spill and if you pile it, it doesn't absorb up... you have to level it out over the spill and it soaks it up!!! I don't know... it is a testable theory, but don't count on me for that 1!!! LOL!!! interested to see though!!!

:peacetwo:

Yea, maybe...But my thinking was that the litter would act like a sponge and draw out the water through the holes and relieve those roots of standing water quicker.

I ran into an over water problem myself in the past and I couldn't seem to get that water to drain off and I almost lost my plants, so I was thinking this could be an answer, if it works...IDK?

I can't see how it would hurt anything to try it...;)

Looking real good Kamy....:goodjob:....As for the kitty litter idea, sounds good but I would be scared to try it. I have kitty litter on hand but Kharma would prolly get pissed if I used his litter in an experiment...lol

well then he gets none of the goods!!! LOL!!! tell him that it is for scientific purposes!!! :peacetwo:

I think he could care less about the goods..I have to keep him from nibbling on the leaves though I did let him munch on the male plants. But it was after they had started dying.

some of my leaves (two) are geting a yellowsih collour ? is this a problem or is it normal ? i will post pics tomorow

Yellowing leaves usually means a lack of nutes bro.

Which leaves are yellowing? Are they towards the bottom of the plant or at the top?

If they are at the bottom, this is pretty normal and just means they need a good feeding.

If they are yellowing at the top, this could mean disease.

sisco seems to be correct. not enough light down there for them to survive, so they die off and direct the energy to the parts of the plant that can photosenthesize and such...

Back
Top Bottom