My First Grow

Ya I was kind of wondering that, my plant is a autoflower I didnt know if it was starting to flower or not. Sorry I should of been more clear on my post I was just rambling off cause ive been away for so long haha. I will def get rid of the fishing line asap though asap isnt gonna be to quick since my dryer just broke today ughhhh there goes my new light fund I had saved up.. then I got some smoke and realized that a dryer would make a perfect stealth for me lol the things I think of

What gets my mind think of cool stuff waaaaay out of the box is imagining end of world scenarios.

Also thought about getting more 4 more cfls for ella, so I will have a total of 4 6500k and 2 2500k bulbs. Should be around 5400 lumens, and 400 watts I think it should be enough? If I remember correctly from a thread I fell upon a while back i think you need 200-300 watts per plant, let me know what you guys think

i have a total of about 146 watts between 7 and all seems fine for me. 6 cfl and 1 floro

Thanks for stopping by skybound, I am curious is this for 1 plant? And if so what do you think your yields will be? Also I have a photot to upload it doesnt seem like my plant has grown at all in the last week ughhhh. I did some research and it seems to me that I have another 4 weeks before she is going to start flowering. I just see these clear crystals every now and then, I have been trying to capture them but its not going to happen with my camera

20130911_182053.jpg

I have 7 plants, the mom in soil is roughly 15 weeks into veg, her 2 clones I have in a 6 site aeroponic/RDWC/Ebb&Flow setup and were taken from mom about 3 weeks ago. Also have 4 more bag seed seedlings in the other 4 sites of my hydro setup. I don't yet know what plants are male or female. My grow room footprint is 16" x 30" and 5' tall. I will begin the flowering schedule this coming Sunday and Monday on all 7 plants. I hope to get 4-8 oz. from the mom (if it's not a dad), 1/4-1/2 oz from each clone (if they're not young boys) and 1/8 - 1/4 from each seedling (also if not boys).

Be mindful that this is my very first grow, so I have no experience outside of a few years of sporadic research of growing MJ. My figures were made based upon my studies of other growers, lights used and ScrOG outcomes. The mom will have as many as 17 flowering tops because I topped the plant quite a few times and am now trying to train the plant with LST to hinder the highest growths to allow the secondary growths to catch up and kind of even out. Once in flowering light schedule, the plants are expected to stretch and bush out some more for the first 2-3 weeks. After the closet is pretty much filled wall to wall, I will put in my scrog net, tie off what I can, and lollipop the undercarriage to allow air flow and even light distribution to where it counts, the buds. Because I am only using CFLs, I expect the buds to be less dense. I might try to build another CFL reflector to double the amount of lights used to increase my yield and bud quality a bit, but that remains to be seen.

I invite you to subscribe to my journal as well. If you want, just go to the end (most current) for up to date pictures, feed schedules, techniques tried etc. I have made a lot of mistakes with mom and am currently making mistakes with the hydro setup, but am trying to correct as I go. My journal is linked in my signature at the bottom of this and every post I make. You will find other more experienced growers in my journal and you can further link to their journals in their signatures. Building a strong network of friends in the :420: community will greatly increase your chances for success on this and future grows. You should also link your journal in your signature so if you post on any other thread, you will be advertising other growers to check out your journal which is a great helpful tool for us new growers. It's like always having a "go to guy" in your corner, even from the remote location of the boon docks, plus people from around the world are on this site, so you're chances of getting quicker replies increase due to the time spread.

I believe i am seeing some nutrient burn on the growing tips on your plant, the yellow tips are what i am referring to. If you are feeding nutrients i would slightly decrease the amount of nutrients you are feeding.

Ive noticed in the past week my plant has not grown like at all and my tips are getting worse, I did feed it about 3 days ago and I cut back quite a bit. I am curious if I should just stop using it which I know I shouldnt be using miracle gro at all. Though im still not understand ing why my plant isnt growing any ideas? I posted a few pics of her currently

If you have a ph Test kit, can you mix some soil with regular water in like a solo cup? Then pour some of that mix into a cleaned coffee filter and wring out the water from the soil, then test the water to see roughly where your pH is at. I'm guessing by the sight of tree bark in the soil that it may be too acidic.
DSCF11844.JPG
DSCF11882.JPG
DSCF11892.JPG
DSCF11912.JPG

O nice idea, I still dont have a ph kit but I get paid monday and thinking about lights, phkit, soil, and fertilizer though the ole lady will freak lol. Any idea why it isnt growing though?

Keep in mind that my replies are noobish as I am also a noob, but what comes to mind is tightly compacted soil is making it hard for the roots to penetrate (been there beginning of my journal), tree bark compost is making it too acidic (also been there same composition in what my lady started in), possible over watering, but I doubt that (what size pot you in again?)

Edit: if/when you are reading through other people's journals, invite people back to this journal to help diagnose your situation. I try to help keep the dialogue going so others can see it in the "New Posts" section and possibly chime in. If I were you, I wouldn't give too much credence to Skybound as he is still in the learning curve himself and may steer you wrong.

Back
Top Bottom