My First Grow

There are so many factors it is almost impossible to say. I would just be guessing. I would think that .5-2 oz/plant is very attainable. There is an equation which correlates lights to output, but this is assuming all other conditions are solid for every stage. The thing is if you are active on here you WILL continue to make improvements to your grow, and expanding your skill. I am making plenty of mistakes on my first grow, and despite all my mistakes will likely still have some smoke to show for it, so don't worry. I like to just think of it as a learning experience. A mistake is just you learning how not to do it. Just keep things simple.

Def man ya I just want enough to smoke till my next one is done kind of thing. I started germinating another seed two days ago and its gonna get planted here in a couple days, I want to try a pc grow and just play with these autoflwers before I get a new system going

One of the things I have learned, just in general, is to not count your chickens before they hatch. Old school saying a little, but it's very true with any garden. You do get what you sow though, usually, which is nice. Most autos will yield between 7g and 3 oz (only a couple times have I seen a 3oz bud monster so don't get your hopes up) You have to take into account light, feeding, pot size etc. So lets run through some numbers. Most people get an average of .8g per watt of light when using High Pressure bulbs, but these numbers mean very little when you stop to count length of veg, indica sativa, pot sized, hydro etc. Then you think about the medium. People claim they get better faster bigger results in hydro, and with autos this seems to be VERY true. The bigger the pot, the faster the roots grow, the more greenage you can get in 3-4 weeks, thats whats going to win this race for you.

NOW- if your sick and tired of trying to do the math, just do what I do with my gardens- Ready for this? The answer to all your problems.... "chill and let it grow" :D

You've already mentioned this is the first one, your probably hovering over the plant every second you can to see any new growth, or to spot a pistil, or to add water, or pray it etc etc etc. I still do that, and it takes a long time to kind of get out of the idea that it requires tending every minute of everyday. The truth is how ever that it's a plant and it has a longer evolutionary process than even we did so it's probably super ok on its own.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from asking questions or reading, or learning more about the lovely plant in your garden, but eventually, an infinity of weeks away from now, there will be ready to pick and dry buds just calling your name, smelling heavenly sweet,oozing with resin, and then, and only then will you get to reap your rewards and weigh in on the experience. Till then, sit back, smoke a big one and enjoy :D

Lol well put, every statement is o so true. Unfortunately I cant even get any bud to smoke and wait so its driving me insane! Haha the only thin you missed was playing it some tunes :), I do have a picture that I will be posting here in a moment I know I am being paranoid but I want to know whats going on if course

20130905_171518.jpg

Ok, here it is the top leaf on the left has a yellow spot on the tip its kind of orangeish any ideas? I know its not a big deal but I just wanna know

:D Wow you guys are on top of it today eh! I actually do play music to my plants about 12h a day hahahahaha

I'm sorry your dry :( I am so close to dry it hurts, smoking the bits I've been saving for making butter, but in a couple of weeks that wont matter !

Don't worry too much about that one little spot. It does sound like your soil is slightly "hot"(full of nutes) but in a week or two it will really start liking it. You may have also spilled a big drop there which might of got hot from the light (burn) Either way she will survive.

Also great idea cracking your other seeds! If you want more seeds for future grows, check the grow facts on producing feminized seeds through dark period light bombing and funky lighting schedules. That, in my opinion is one of the BEST traits of any auto is that they are usually 100% pure male/female. Almost 0% risk of hermi traits.

I can't wait to see this girls buds *Blush*

Haha ya a lil 90s rock for my girl. Ty im hoping thats the issue less nutes for later on, and you n me both cant wait for the first bud. Sef check that out thx for the response

When I started growing about 2 months ago, I was pretty much in the same boat as you, not much to work with, little money and a seedling in a pot that was gonna grow if I could help it, or die if I couldn't. I have since made quite a few advancements, most of them were DIY. In the below pictures is how to build the CFL light reflector that I am currently using. It has 4-20w 6500k bulbs and 2-23w 2700k bulbs for a total of 6 bulbs @ 126 watts drawn per hour. I have since added 6 more plants (2 clones and 4 seedlings) in a small 3gallon by 3 gallon hydroponics setup. All of this fits into a space that measures 30" wide, 16" deep and 5' high. The first plant I started with is now roughly a foot high an wide and if I can get it into a decent flower room somewhere I hope to get between 1/4 to 1/2 pound if I'm lucky. Anyways, here's the light.
My_Light.JPG
DSCF11444.JPG
IMG_20130816_105603_370.jpg
Sheeting_layout.PNG
CFL_Reflector.PNG
IMG_20130814_103521_823.jpg
IMG_20130813_205742_618.jpg
IMG_20130812_161443_457.jpg

Apologies for the reverse order, I have many pics uploaded and many pages to scroll through to get them. I hope this is something you can build or at least gives you ideas of how to get more light onto your lady friends.

Well nothing new today guys, she is still alive and possibly grown a 1/4" or more. Might post some pics in the a.m. just to keep the progress updated

A picture's worth a thousand words ;-)

Sorry it took so long to get some more pictures up guys, I partied like a rockstar this weekend n didnt have time. Ok so here is the update she is looking good and I have been giving her more water and more days to dry out in between waterings she seems to like it much better. I think I am lst'ing correctly she doesnt seem to mind how I go about it anyways lol. Quick question though, in the first picture on the top of the plant is that flowers I am seeing or just new growth coming? Sorry noob here

O and btw I think I am starting my fourth week idk how close I am getting to the flowering stage but **** I wish it would hurry up! Lol

Just as in nature, flowering occurs when the days grow shorter and the nights longer. As indoor growers, we generally use the 12/12 light/dark schedule for flowering. I just learned today that a plant can be sent into flowering at any stage of it's life. My plant for example (well my big one) is pushing 14 weeks in veg, but I did a lot to it, tried FIM once, topped it several times, a few defoliations, transplants from one soil to another, then to a larger pot, different lighting, took two clones, made it share the space with it's 2 clones and 4 seedlings, fed it hydroponic nutrients, burned it, flushed it and brought it back, did all that again and of course LST. I will be sending all 7 I have in that little space into flower in a week (9/15). Another thing I learned about flowering early is that harvest can be from 7grams to roughly 28 grams per small plant. I expect mom will give me much more as she's been training for this and hopefully I won't mess that up too much.

About your LST, if you are using fishing line, this might strangle her if too tight. Also b/c fishing line is so thin, it may cut into the stalks like when a tree overgrows a fence. So if that is fishing line, I suggest replacing with twine, twisty ties, shoe lace, anything that has a bigger foot print.

Back
Top Bottom