My First Grow

There is todays photos, she seems to look a bit more purky I feel like the water helped it tremendously and she is starting to stink for the firat time... not sure what that means but I like it )

20130903_154634.jpg

There are mixed opinions about training autos, since when you train it takes the plant time to recover it sort of stunts them. With a non-auto you have more time, so a few days here or there does not matter. The point of training is to get more tops and create a more massive plant that ends up yielding more. So it is sort of a balance if that makes sense. Like when you LST you are forcing the plant to distribute auxins which reside in the apical meristem at the top of the plant. This can cause side shoots to grow like main colas, but again it takes time for the plant to adjust. +reps for a well done LST. This season I planted very late, but wanted to get a feel for LST and see how it would affect yield. There were certainly confounding variables, but the LSTing did not result in more mass. This was not scientific in any way though. Training can easily double yield when done right.

Honestly I don't have enough know how, or enough experience to really give you a good answer. It really depends on how quickly it would flower. The person I would ask is donpaul.p he is very knowledgeable, and even creates his own strains. He is the most helpful person I have met on the site. If you send him a personal message (PM), or post in his journal he will advise you. I guess he is member of the month for a reason! Another option would be to contact the company that you got the seeds from, as they can likely advise you as well.

The LST ing is fine. I would suggest you try and get some more light though. Check out the lighting forum for more indepth explanations. But compact fluros work good for one or a couple small plants in small areas, trapping the light. LEDs are great cause they have no heat and take "less energy". High Power bulbs are exactly that. They are high powered and penetrate very deep. They are also inexpensive now. Comparable to Fluros.

Main point though is that training it is fine. Check out my journal. They are flowering a little more slowly but I think I win in the long run. And extra week or two... or three for an extra... I don't even know how much this is going to yield, but you catch the drift right?

Subed and +rep for jumpin in guns blazing!

Thanks for stopping by and I will def check out your grow, sorry to everyone I have not yet figured out how to sub. Ya I def need more/better lights, I just decided for my first grow I would use cfls cause once I get done I have plenty of sockets to fill lol. Worst part is I live in a very secluded area and I cant even get Florescent lights without traveling 60 miles, sad yes I know. Well I can get the bulbs but no fixtures.

Thanks for stopping by and I will def check out your grow, sorry to everyone I have not yet figured out how to sub. Ya I def need more/better lights, I just decided for my first grow I would use cfls cause once I get done I have plenty of sockets to fill lol. Worst part is I live in a very secluded area and I cant even get Florescent lights without traveling 60 miles, sad yes I know. Well I can get the bulbs but no fixtures.

My fav way of subbing to a journal is just to add a quick comment. It shows up in your "User CP" tab. Click the littl >> arrows beside the person name on the thread to have it take you right to the latest post. :D

If you have ANY questions or problems ask the forum, it always has answers.

Back
Top Bottom