My First Grow

Lol gotcha, you got me going on the pot it think it is a 8" pot and today is the first time I have watered it and it actually came out of the bottom

The pot could have been smaller for the plant size to save on water and have more frequent wet/dry cycles, but I don't think that would make a whole lot of difference. They say to pour till water comes out the bottom, but "they" fail to mention at what speed should I pour? Plus when the roots really extend outward and form the root ball, they hold the soil together and the ball becomes more dense making it harder for the water to penetrate, so the actual time spent watering till you get run off increases with age. Lots of possible answers which is why I'm gonna focus on hydro after this grow.

Ya, im def going to do some better layers and some rock to avoid this situation again lol, I just feel like when I water till it drains it way to much water kinda thing

The soil should be very spongy when wet and very fluffy when dry like packing peanuts in a box. I have about 30-35% perlite mixed into my Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil and it already had some of it's own perlite in it. The soil level is about 2" below the top of the pot and when I water, I try to fill right to the point where it would spill over. 30 seconds later it has all drained down into the soil and I fill it back up. I am now in a 12" 3.5 gallon pot, but was in a 6" 1 gallon pot and I used to flush it out the same way with an entire gallon of water. When feeding, I'd give between 5/8 to 3/4 of the gallon to that 6". Now it's a gallon every time and b/c my root ball is the entire size of the pot, it retains water for longer so I can go a couple more days w/o watering.

Ok wow ya thats very informative I am def underwatering. I just use a little spray bottle def needing some more water on her. I just would think she would still be growing though I dont understand whats going on with her lol, though hopefully this cures the brown leaves

your plant looks nutrient burned, I would flush your plant with twice the volume of the pot in pH adjusted water. have you previously mentioned you are using Miracle Gro fertilizer? there is a guide on 420Magazine that covers how to use Miracle Gro fertilizer.

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

your plant looks nutrient burned, I would flush your plant with twice the volume of the pot in pH adjusted water. have you previously mentioned you are using Miracle Gro fertilizer? there is a guide on 420Magazine that covers how to use Miracle Gro fertilizer.

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

What KJC said....excellent advice

...and if your watering with a spray bottle it is definitely underwatered

Thanks guys for the advice, she is looking worse today I didnt know if I should wait to flush until it is time to water again or do it now?

I guess im gonna just go ahead and do it I know to flushing it is less likely to kill it than nutelock so im gonna go ahead with it

Ok guys as you know I flushed her last night aafter she started looking worse and worse over a couple days, she might look a little bit better but the main thing I noticed was this is the first time she has grown in the past 4 or 5 days so I think it worked! Wooooot

20130918_170301.jpg

Thanks for the support, as long as she produces Something I will be happy. I am having issues at work right now n prolly wont be able to smoke for another month or two so it kinda works out nicely. I am planning on the first thing I smoke will be homegrown

If she's an auto, I've read that they flower when they are ready to and not sooner.

Back
Top Bottom