My new grow space

Those of you who know me and have been following my journals, welcome this is basically the continuation of what I had somewhat started in my second journal for the construction of my new space. Along with the advice of a couple of friends, I have decided to make this a separate Journal.

My new grow space is going to be approximately 5' × 12' and is actually a hidden section in the back of my workshop. The workshop, the shed and our new outdoor living space are only just starting as we speak. Yesterday I laid down the filter cloth in the backyard so that I can start with the construction of the floating deck that has been to be the foundation for these spaces. I would have preferred to do a concrete slab, but due to just spending over 60k on our renovation of the home, budget trumps the ideal situation in order to get this in by winter. I'm hesitant to attach any pictures of the space as it sits, so I will not.

The entire Construction, will take up approximately 14 x 30 in my backyard, I'm lucky to have no neighbors behind. I'm also lucky to have already spoken with the neighbors on both sides and they are cool with the renovations that we have done on the house and are going to continue to do in the backyard. They understand that as we improve the home, it can only increase their property value as well.

The floors, walls and ceilings will all be insulated using fiberglass insulation as well as reflective Tyvek and roxul. I was lucky enough to score all of the landscape quality filter cloth, wiring, the lighting and the insulation from a friend who was saving it for his own hunt camp but has recently changed his mind and decided to give it up.....to me! The walls will be to 2X6 and the roof will be 2x10 construction to give me tons of opportunity for insulation. Everything that I can build in, will be built in, including a ented space for a generator that can be reverse wired in case the power goes out for my grow space and my home.

I'm building the space to be as quiet, as efficient and as professional as possible so please if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. As I said, budget is obviously a large part of this but I'm not stupid and I will do things right the first time. Obviously there will be the usual things such as charcoal filters, running water, cable TV and WiFi, lol. I'm a cabinet maker so I will be building in plenty of storage, a nice working surface, minimum 5 X5 sealed area for growing as well as my wall cabinet for veg and a dedicated seedling area as well. This is also one of the main reasons why I purchased my second intenze grow 800..... these two should kick ass in here.
Just finished my new room 5 weeks ago buddy and this is the result, room was built from the ground up and was £9k all in but not skimping on anything and overpowering everything for the space is a winner to me. Here’s some pics of mine to give you an idea

Attachments

• E99B11B5-858B-4C2C-BC79-76CF265B5DA9.jpeg
    E99B11B5-858B-4C2C-BC79-76CF265B5DA9.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 983FCFCC-6016-46A7-A77F-D5662B900213.jpeg
    983FCFCC-6016-46A7-A77F-D5662B900213.jpeg
    824 KB · Views: 251
  • 9C331FFF-6F38-4830-827D-BD3B1C604CEE.jpeg
    9C331FFF-6F38-4830-827D-BD3B1C604CEE.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 275
  • E59DEC68-C5A7-44B5-B8F2-617DFA5DBF5F.jpeg
    E59DEC68-C5A7-44B5-B8F2-617DFA5DBF5F.jpeg
    770.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 56D40FDF-D53D-4B96-84AB-6FA9DFB0483D.jpeg
    56D40FDF-D53D-4B96-84AB-6FA9DFB0483D.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 227
  • BF400BAE-2CD6-4F84-AFE2-8512EF0553AE.jpeg
    BF400BAE-2CD6-4F84-AFE2-8512EF0553AE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • 040A4169-A04A-4C14-BD9B-3FBD2A2696BA.jpeg
    040A4169-A04A-4C14-BD9B-3FBD2A2696BA.jpeg
    943.2 KB · Views: 242
Just finished my new room 5 weeks ago buddy and this is the result, room was built from the ground up and was £9k all in but not skimping on anything and overpowering everything for the space is a winner to me. Here’s some pics of mine to give you an idea
Buddy, those are some happy girls......congratulations! Glad to have you along......still trying to get myself all caught up in the grow room, let alone journals etc. Definitely suffered some loss, but a good learning experience none-the-less and to come out with really ultimately only two dead plants out of 20 after 12 days..... That's pretty good.

So do you run the HPS and the LED set up consecutively or is one for Heat at a different time of year?

While I'm thinking about it on this fine Friday night, I wanted to share a pic of my vial of pollen that I collected from my Trailer Trash Betty males. I more recently combined it with some riceand put it inside a ziplock bag in the freezer for the future.

Dang Guy I didn't realize you were growing ATF too! Those buds on the last page look great. Just started some clones up of some here. Got em a little late in flower off the mom so I think they're gonna monster crops on me... kinda scared since they're already pretty unwieldy.

It will be awhile before I do another MC, it was fun, but not as productive and very time consuming. I mean my vertical grows take some work, but that bitch was a constant moving of branches, impossible to stake and did not produce as expected.
Good luck on them bitches, hope you got lots of room. My one plant, trained was around 36". :)

It will be awhile before I do another MC, it was fun, but not as productive and very time consuming. I mean my vertical grows take some work, but that bitch was a constant moving of branches, impossible to stake and did not produce as expected.
Good luck on them bitches, hope you got lots of room. My one plant, trained was around 36". :)
Ha I'm probably in for a world of trouble. I'm going to try to run them in 9x 3gal pots SOG style.

Gotta work today too but I wanted to update a few of my photos before I do. I have to say that my ATF the presently went into flower is gigantic......a BEAST for sure!
My Blue dream and my Critical Mass, all in Stank soil since early veg. Just uppotted to 5 gallons each in my air pots.
Next is Veg......
All of these girls have gone from their tall seedling pots or Solo cups directly into 1 gallon of stank soil.
I've got my Cherry bombs, my Ladyburn, Bruce Banners, my MK ultras (all but 1) and a couple of others all nestled nicely into veg now.

Gotta use time this week to perfect my manifold watering system, gawd......just no time lately!

My 3 x 9lb hammer regs getting introduced to flower today to figure out sex. I'm hoping for at least 1 hen to throw in the cloner b4 vacation but well see. I have been discussing with Jackalope what to do with a male if I end up with one.......

My trailer trash Betty males are almost complete inside.
Long time no see pops! Hows everything going? Love the plants and love how uour grow room is industrialy busy hahhaha

Happy to see your still here and if you ever feel like it I’m starting my inside grow journal and it’s all thanks to your awesome guide you sent me 6-8 months ago wen I was back in brasil !!!

I’m really happy to be back

Very happy with the strips! And if I'm being honest I'd go Samsung F-Gen3 strips even if the SPYDRx+ was half the cost because the strips cost half that for a similar build and perform just as well. My system is overkill for sure, but I'm still in it for less than one SPYDRx+. At full output with all four Samsung strip builds I can hit 2600W in my big tent.

Of course I don't because that would be cruel and unusual. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Where can I get those Samsung strips. I was looking at buying the SPYDRx+ But if there is something better for a little cheaper I think that is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom