New Custom Spider 432 Watt C.O.B LED Light - 4x4 Scrog

ha ha, that's 24" x 24" x 84" :Namaste:

So you got 4sqf I would run 140-250 true watts from the wall so yes the Spider would work great for you.

I like COB tech, but not so sure it 'mature' yet.

What you think COFinest?, the last bud pictures are nice and frosty, but not the 'chunkiest' buds, but how it compare to under your MARS? Probably hard to say as you said grew this plant from seed?

Edit: Also 4X4 seems a bit big for this actual wattage size LED, woudl you use it in smaller space next time? or you think this is good coverage?

I think they work real good but watts are watts. It does cover a 4x4 foot scrog but I would say two is needed to get them heavy nugs.
This light will do good nugs in a 2x2 foot space all day. The heat is really low compared to my other lights. The fans I can not hear at all. I had to check them with a flash light to make sure they were working. I would have to say keep the lens degrees 90 or smaller to get the power in a smaller area. All big plants in flower are from seeds.

CO. Read all your journals. I'm new at this but I want to say. THANK YOU for all u do. I just order some money makers and starting soon. My question is at about a 300 dollar budget what size led should I get. I'm going to go with on plant veg and one to flower. I'll get tent the size u tell me too. Thanks in advance. :bravo:

I would need the size of your grow rooms to be able to do the math on watts needed to pic the right light.

I'm thinking 2x2 veg. 3x3 flower.

2x2 120watts veg will do great. 3x3 315watts would get you very nice nugs. A spider would work for both. You would need the 90 degree lens to get the light right on them colas

Just a few days left. Will be doing harvest on her this week in a few days. Very nice resin I have to say. I will have to do a full flower next to see if any change in bud growth. Right now they look very fluffy and soft on the outside of two square feet area.
20140921_212748.jpg
20140921_213715.jpg
20140921_213659.jpg
20140921_212604.jpg
20140921_212615.jpg
20140921_212626.jpg
20140921_212638.jpg

2x2 120watts veg will do great. 3x3 315watts would get you very nice nugs. A spider would work for both. You would need the 90 degree lens to get the light right on them colas

Hi CO. I have the stock spider with 120 degree lens in a 3x3 tent. So for max colas how close can I get the light to the top of the plants?

Hi CO. I have the stock spider with 120 degree lens in a 3x3 tent. So for max colas how close can I get the light to the top of the plants?

During the first three weeks or until finial stretch is done keep it about 22-24 inch then bring down to 16-18 depending on your plants. Always watch for light bleaching.

Hey Ho Co Finest,

I have an opportunity to increase my flowering footprint from 32 square feet (4x8 tent) which I share with veg to over 200 square of flower only. I am running TopLED reflectors and get about 200 watts at the wall for about $100 cheaper per 200 watt unit than the prices on the Spider. Given that I have to fill the space with watts per square foot, in your opinion, if you were going to buy 32-40 units would the extra $3,200 to $4k be worth it in the COB unit over the same wattage at the wall as the TopLEDs? Over two years am I going to see the return on additional investment if I went spider?

I'm loving what you are doing but your results thus far have not pushed me in one direction of the other. How you leaning from what you have seen?

Or, am I just better off pumping more wattage in the rooms for the same money I would spend on the Spiders?

Hey CO Finest, I've read through both the Mars II journal and this one and watched a handful of your videos. This is really top notch information and you're overall level-headed guy who is easy to learn from. I can't thank you enough. I'm on my first ever grow and you've inspired me to do a SCROG with a single plant. My space gives me two grow areas of 5x5 with space i the center for AC, scrubber fan, circulating fans, etc. I'm getting started with one Mars II 1600 so it works out to do a single plant. Growing in soil with organic nutes.

Two questions for you, when you have a sec. I apologize up front if you've answered these somewhere, but you have so much material out here that I haven't been able to see it all yet, plus it's mental overload with everything I am learning.

1. What are your feelings regarding lowering the temperature during the "night" cycle?

2. My plants are clones from an unknown plant from a medical grower, but very clearly indica bushes. They have grown to about 22" without any topping or training. I just topped the main shoot and tied down and topped the largest branches. I'm concerned about whether I can fill a 5x5 scrog net with this indica, especially without any prior training or topping. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance bro and keep the knowledge coming!

I'm looking forward to the end result of these Spider Cob journals :)

Thank you for stopping by. Bear with me. I am doing harvest on plant tonight and will be doing update soon.

Looks amazing!!!

Thank you my friend. I appreciate you stopping by.

Hey Ho Co Finest,

I have an opportunity to increase my flowering footprint from 32 square feet (4x8 tent) which I share with veg to over 200 square of flower only. I am running TopLED reflectors and get about 200 watts at the wall for about $100 cheaper per 200 watt unit than the prices on the Spider. Given that I have to fill the space with watts per square foot, in your opinion, if you were going to buy 32-40 units would the extra $3,200 to $4k be worth it in the COB unit over the same wattage at the wall as the TopLEDs? Over two years am I going to see the return on additional investment if I went spider?

I'm loving what you are doing but your results thus far have not pushed me in one direction of the other. How you leaning from what you have seen?

Or, am I just better off pumping more wattage in the rooms for the same money I would spend on the Spiders?

How soon are you looking at doing this? The reason is I will have some advice soon when I harvest this plant tonight but I only had this light in flower for 4 weeks witch is half of flower so I am going to do a full flower soon and will be able to give you a fair answer then. I will do some math and put together some awesome setups in lights that would work the best. If you need this info asap please let me know and I will take a break and get you the info. Right now tonight and tomorrow I am in the middle of harvest of 3 pounds and have 5 pounds after that but I will have some time to sit down with you to get your grow room laid out after the first 3 pounds. Please let me know how soon you need info and I will also see what price I can get for you threw the reps. Until then I wish you the best and keep it growing green

Hey CO Finest, I've read through both the Mars II journal and this one and watched a handful of your videos. This is really top notch information and you're overall level-headed guy who is easy to learn from. I can't thank you enough. I'm on my first ever grow and you've inspired me to do a SCROG with a single plant. My space gives me two grow areas of 5x5 with space i the center for AC, scrubber fan, circulating fans, etc. I'm getting started with one Mars II 1600 so it works out to do a single plant. Growing in soil with organic nutes.

Two questions for you, when you have a sec. I apologize up front if you've answered these somewhere, but you have so much material out here that I haven't been able to see it all yet, plus it's mental overload with everything I am learning.

1. What are your feelings regarding lowering the temperature during the "night" cycle?

2. My plants are clones from an unknown plant from a medical grower, but very clearly indica bushes. They have grown to about 22" without any topping or training. I just topped the main shoot and tied down and topped the largest branches. I'm concerned about whether I can fill a 5x5 scrog net with this indica, especially without any prior training or topping. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance bro and keep the knowledge coming!

First off, Thank you and I really appreciate the feed back on some of the work I have done. That always helps keep me going harder. Ok please excuse me for being short on post. I am Going like crazy with outside and inside harvest fest going on.
Ok now for your first ?
(1. What are your feelings regarding lowering the temperature during the "night" cycle?)
I have never been a fan of that unless it is at the last week of flower. Now I am not sure if you are asking this to turn your plants blues and purple. If so that will drop your thc and cbd numbers and is why I have said do on the last week of flower. If is just to let drop normal cool temps then ok after finial stretch which is between the first and third week. Keeping temps the same for the finial stretch period will give you the best colas.

(2. My plants are clones from an unknown plant from a medical grower, but very clearly indica bushes. They have grown to about 22" without any topping or training. I just topped the main shoot and tied down and topped the largest branches. I'm concerned about whether I can fill a 5x5 scrog net with this indica, especially without any prior training or topping. Thoughts?)

It will be harder but can be done. You will need extra veg time under scrog but that time WILL pay off. As long as you give her the food and light she will fill it fast. You can see in my main tent one plant Hawaiian haze is sativa and bomb berry is indica. They have both filled the net quickly and were not trained very well to my standards. You can also bring temps up a little to about 78-80 and make plant uptake more nutes and water to boost grow to fill net. Yes you all heard me right. That is a old school trick to get a young or small plant to fill net faster. Just watch plant and make sure no leaf taco and heat stress happens which has not happen ever to me ,but if does give plant silica and kelp and that will stop any temp stress (if not using co2). If using co2 ppm 1200-1500 you should never have heat stress under 100 degrees. So all in all it is up to you if you want to get her to fill. Now for me my plants do a pound or more (dry weight) when 5+months veg so remember time pays and more roots more fruits so plan the grow time and make sure you do not allow roots to run out of room to grow. I wish you the best and please keep the ? coming if I did not answer with info you needed or have other thoughts. I will do the best I can to help. Keep it growing green my friends and I have crop updates coming soon so sit tight and light the blunts and bongs.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I have several additional questions, but I'm gonna wait until you're caught up a little and I need to watch a few more of your videos anyway.

I had asked about the temp change at night because I'd just read about it and with my AC, I don't have an easy way to do it. I didn't think you were doing it in your grows and the proof is in your results, so I wanted to be sure of what you were doing. Thanks again!

Well I got her all trimmed up. A little over 10oz. Dry weight should be around 2oz or so. I will be doing a full flower next time around to see what this light can handle. I would really have to say it will do outstanding on a 4sqf. I think I will need two or three to pull a pound out of a 5x5 scrog. Well for now here is some pic

Start off with her still in the tent
20140927_2349351.jpg
20140927_234942.jpg

This was at the half way point
20140928_015420.jpg

And now she is done
20140928_081522.jpg
20140928_081557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom