New Custom Spider 432 Watt C.O.B LED Light - 4x4 Scrog

Hey CO finest, going to be interested in your feedback on how the COB stacks up against the Reflector series from TopLED watt for watt. I'm going to get a new grow room and will be needing a bunch more lights and am unsure which way to go, Reflector of Spider. Any thoughts thus far??

Hey CO finest, going to be interested in your feedback on how the COB stacks up against the Reflector series from TopLED watt for watt. I'm going to get a new grow room and will be needing a bunch more lights and am unsure which way to go, Reflector of Spider. Any thoughts thus far??

For being installed late into flower it is doing very well.. I am on the final two weeks of flower right now so I will know more soon. I will be doing another grow to see how it does in flower from the start. For what it draws from the wall I am very impressed.

Appreciate the vid CO. She's looking like a real beauty. Any noticeable differences so far between the Mars and this one?

The only thing I can tell so far is far less heat. Other then that I will know more in two weeks when plant is finished

Sorry guys for the short answers I am posting from my cell. I will have a good update by this weekend. I wish you all the best..

Dahbig,

I like the direction of your question....

I have both the 96*3 and COB.

IMO its not be a fair comparison between the two lights. The biggest difference is the lens on the COB. Because of how it spreads it's spectrum I would think the COB would be a better product. The other point is the 96*3 has 2 switches, one for veg and other for bloom.

A better comparison would be the new kid on the block "Plantnum LED". There's is also a 3watt light with multiple switches.

That's gonna be my comparison grow in the future. I want to get a 144*3 and put it up against the Plantnum. Plans to build a 4'X4' or 5'X5" for that one. That should be fun.

Is there another COB out there??? My 5'X5' could be used for future COB grows and hope to get a couple custom lights for that.

The COB is awesome. I can't think of comparing it to anything else but another COB.

CO says he would add more reds and IMO (or at least my custom) I would add more white as well.

:goodluck: with your daughter :circle-of-love:

20140911_202530.jpg
20140911_202540.jpg
20140911_202551.jpg
20140911_202709.jpg
20140911_202745.jpg
20140911_202812.jpg

I like COB tech, but not so sure it 'mature' yet.

What you think COFinest?, the last bud pictures are nice and frosty, but not the 'chunkiest' buds, but how it compare to under your MARS? Probably hard to say as you said grew this plant from seed?

Edit: Also 4X4 seems a bit big for this actual wattage size LED, woudl you use it in smaller space next time? or you think this is good coverage?

I like COB tech, but not so sure it 'mature' yet.

What you think COFinest?, the last bud pictures are nice and frosty, but not the 'chunkiest' buds, but how it compare to under your MARS? Probably hard to say as you said grew this plant from seed?

Edit: Also 4X4 seems a bit big for this actual wattage size LED, woudl you use it in smaller space next time? or you think this is good coverage?

IMO the size is very adequate for 4x4. The graphs show the footprint at 18-36" from plant. Penatration is what we're looking for here and I think it fits.

I'm in a 24x36 with mine.

well 48" by 48" ( or 4'X4') is ALOT more area then 24"X 36". Just seems a bit large for the power draw of LED

How hot does this one run compared to the MARS?

LOL....Math....LOL. Professor huh...we already got one of those...LOL. However you do ask a valid question.

It is and does... Can't and won't get into the math of things...I failed miserably...LOL.

And the root of the evil or question is DRAW...right??

So I ask this question....if a manufacture states footprint based on distance from plant and they post what that footprint would be at certain heights. Does it generally mean that if they show a 3x3, 4x4 and 6x6 footprint their light will cover the area listed?

For example, our sponsor claims at 36" the footprint is 55", at 40" it has a footprint of 60" and even at 48" the footprint is 76".

What does that mean and doesn't that answer your question?

Pop over to my journal and respond there so we don't take up CO's journal with some back and forth. I've already posted similar questions open for conversation.

Back
Top Bottom