New Mega Crop nothing like old?

Mine did too. It can grow maters n chives n peppers real good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I used some on the gf's chives and they are looking great!
It was causing a lot of mid flower issues. I’d rather use it, no doubt.

Seems like everyone has issues with MC mid flower....i've tried increasing and decreasing MC on a couple occasions after seeing issues but didn't really help much

It makes great fruit
31BD0459-0DEC-49CC-93B7-B41209AE01E0.jpeg
365E7B7E-4189-4AF0-9B20-E9668C35955D.jpeg

Seems like everyone has issues with MC mid flower....i've tried increasing and decreasing MC on a couple occasions after seeing issues but didn't really help much

i've seen stuff get tricky mid flower pretty consistent. i'm running nothing but mc in hempy, so that's all it's got to get there. so far found out it's best to clench and let it run, always turns out better than it looks. reminds me of warm climate late fall outdoor stuff, not indoor.

i've seen stuff get tricky mid flower pretty consistent. i'm running nothing but mc in hempy, so that's all it's got to get there. so far found out it's best to clench and let it run, always turns out better than it looks. reminds me of warm climate late fall outdoor stuff, not indoor.
What is your feeding schedule? I want to use it on my next hempy grow.

What is your feeding schedule? I want to use it on my next hempy grow.

i use the feeding calculator on the greenleaf website as a starting point, and then increase as they develop through the different stages.

you can trust the feed calculator on their site. you do not have to divide by half the same as you would with bottle nutes.

I got a new bag about 2 weeks ago- still gray, with low odor, but the balls are back....:hmmmm:
I'm used to the balls, since I'm still using up my old bag (V.2.5), but I expected to see just gray powder, since that's what quite a few others have received-
One of these days maybe they'll settle on a format, but for now, MegaCrop is like a box of chocolates-
you never know what you're gonna get.
Although- I don't really care what it looks like, as long as it still works as well as the past versions...
It works fantastic in soil I think!

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_124855_759.jpg
    IMG_20200903_124855_759.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200903_124807_909.jpg
    IMG_20200903_124807_909.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 52

That’s what I’ve had the last 4 grows with it. Can’t seem to shake it, and no idea what could be the root of the problem. Went back to gh trio for now, just to see.

I think I will be giving the bag of the v3 I have sitting here a shot in a couple weeks when I fire the rdwc back up. The two runs I've got on trio right now are fine, so we’ll see. I did start bumping the calmag up earlier. Now it’s 2.5ml/gal for week1, and 5ml thereafter. Previously I was giving the same in ml of calmag as g of MC. So at 4g/gal, I was 4ml/gal calmag, etc. I don’t think it was enough early on (with RO water) and it could never catch up.

My wallet would certainly be happier, I can tell ya that much. MC costs me about 20% of what trio does per run, and maybe a little less than that.

I tried MC for the first time my last grow and had bad results. Not sure why. Was doing great till about 3 weeks into flower then everything went to shit. Leaves curling all different ways and new growth came to a stop. I even ph’d everytime too. Idk but since have went back to my old faithful nutes. Ill try MC again someday only because sooo many peeps around here have had great results and i still have a bag sitting on the shelf. :smokin:

Went back to gh trio for now, just to see.

I think I will be giving the bag of the v3 I have sitting here a shot in a couple weeks when I fire the rdwc back up. The two runs I've got on trio right now are fine, so we’ll see. I did start bumping the calmag up earlier. Now it’s 2.5ml/gal for week1, and 5ml thereafter. Previously I was giving the same in ml of calmag as g of MC. So at 4g/gal, I was 4ml/gal calmag, etc. I don’t think it was enough early on (with RO water) and it could never catch up.

My wallet would certainly be happier, I can tell ya that much. MC costs me about 20% of what trio does per run, and maybe a little less than that.

I wonder how it compares to General Hydroponics' dry Maxi series product, in regards to price? Some people use just the MaxiBloom. I've seen that advertised as cheaply as $9.99 for a 2.2-pound package (and slightly cheaper per unit in 50-pound pails, for those whose nutrient reservoir... is a pond ;) ). But I forget the recommended average dosage. I think the old "Lucas formula" recommendation was seven grams per gallon. That works out to... ~142.86 gallons per package, or about seven cents per mixed gallon of nutrient solution if my math is correct.

I wonder how it compares to General Hydroponics' dry Maxi series product, in regards to price? Some people use just the MaxiBloom. I've seen that advertised as cheaply as $9.99 for a 2.2-pound package (and slightly cheaper per unit in 50-pound pails, for those whose nutrient reservoir... is a pond ;) ). But I forget the recommended average dosage. I think the old "Lucas formula" recommendation was seven grams per gallon. That works out to... ~142.86 gallons per package, or about seven cents per mixed gallon of nutrient solution if my math is correct.

I've looked at that pretty hard as an alternative. Haven't came to a decision on it yet though. I'm not even sure I've done a cost analysis yet. I'm also looking at a couple of the True Plant Science lines as well. Won't be doing anything until after the first of the year though. I'll run MC on the auto run and see if some of the other adjustments transfer over or not.

If you're interested in dry nutrients, there's also Jack's 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate. If I remember correctly, someone that tried both that and General Hydroponics' Maxi series felt that the Jack's combination was (just a little) better. I don't recall exactly what metric he used for determining "better," though. And the Jack's stuff would almost certainly cost slightly more. But it's still far cheaper than the bud it produces, even if the gardener wastes half of it, lol, so... <SHRUGS>.

I'v used it with the balls one crop and without balls this last crop
I saw no noticeable differences with expectations for the grow
It shines with coco, and dutiful attention to clean up every time

As far as GH goes, I have nothing but good things to say
My first 5 grows were with GH
I learned to grow with that stuff
It's a bit more expensive but not alot
My only downfall with it is that it's very time expensive
So many of this that and the other.......
MC just sets me free :laughtwo:
And so far just as good as GH

If you're interested in dry nutrients, there's also Jack's 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate. If I remember correctly, someone that tried both that and General Hydroponics' Maxi series felt that the Jack's combination was (just a little) better. I don't recall exactly what metric he used for determining "better," though. And the Jack's stuff would almost certainly cost slightly more. But it's still far cheaper than the bud it produces, even if the gardener wastes half of it, lol, so... <SHRUGS>.

On my RDWC, MC runs me about $20/grow. Jacks, if I bought in bulk for a out 8 runs, would come out to around $30/grow. Key there is in bulk, and I haven’t wanted to make that kind of commitment yet without a grow with it. Maybe I’ll try a small size of it on my 3x3 for its next run. It'll be converted to a single site, 20gal RDWC for the winter after its current grow finishes up in about a month.

I run MC on all my plants, at roughly 140ppm per gr/gallon. I usually start with my smallest plants requiring least amount of MC and as I move up to bigger plants I add more MC and measure with my PPM pen until I get to where I want. Again, can't beat the simplicity! I typically max out at 4g/gallon in veg, and have gone to a max in flower of 6.5g/gallon. Results have been great, especially with my last harvest which I introduced at 5 week Bud Explosion.
Total wet weight was about 1200grams.....washed and hung dry for 2 weeks.....total weight was 10oz with about 7oz of dense buds, and 3 oz of grade "b". Best haul to date

I run MC on all my plants, at roughly 140ppm per gr/gallon. I usually start with my smallest plants requiring least amount of MC and as I move up to bigger plants I add more MC and measure with my PPM pen until I get to where I want. Again, can't beat the simplicity! I typically max out at 4g/gallon in veg, and have gone to a max in flower of 6.5g/gallon. Results have been great, especially with my last harvest which I introduced at 5 week Bud Explosion.
Total wet weight was about 1200grams.....washed and hung dry for 2 weeks.....total weight was 10oz with about 7oz of dense buds, and 3 oz of grade "b". Best haul to date
Love THE NAME BTW! Before you introduce the BE how was your bud fluffy or normal? Normal meaning slightly spongy but not super tight

Which of your grow journals did you use BE? I got some for this grow and thinking of adding it today

Love THE NAME BTW! Before you introduce the BE how was your bud fluffy or normal? Normal meaning slightly spongy but not super tight

LOL thanks! honestly i'm not sure....they seemed normal but I don't squeeze my buds or anything during flower to determine how the structure is...it was only after i harvested I realized the buds were super dense....even after drying I put em in a airtight bag for burping and noticed the bag to be much heavier than previous grows. Might also be strain related .....it was a bagseed and i didnt take clones :(

Which of your grow journals did you use BE? I got some for this grow and thinking of adding it today

BE was used in my perpetual grow (bagseed 2)....I haven't been updating on the regular like I used to....but i do remember it was wk 5, although the bag says to use it early flower i didnt receive it till about wk 5 of flower. I have 2 master kush going right now, one will have BE other will not so will see if there are noticeable differences.

I'm a little late on this thread, but just wanted to add: yes the maxibloom works just fine at 7g/gallon.

Good luck finding Maxibloom or Maxigro at cheap prices (least here in Canada), stock and prices have gotten a little crazy.

The other 1 feed option under the Lucas Formula is using Floranova bloom, which I'm currently playing around with, and not liking so far....kinda wished I had just bought the MC instead.

Back
Top Bottom