New to this - trying what I can - need advice

You definitely do NOT want to put an HPS light in your closet because they get super hot in small spaces and could run the risk of even starting a fire or causing electrical problems that would draw the attention of outsiders (repairmen, landlord, fire fighters, etc. Your whole bedroom will feel like an oven, possibly the whole apartment which would require all sorts of ducting and cooling measures which was how people were getting caught for decades.
A basic blurple light still works and was the industry standard for a few years so it's totally possible to grow your own smoke with them.
I started with t-5 florescents, then moved up to blurples, then metal hylide, then quantum board LEDs which have worked the best. I'm growing in a 2'x4' cabinet with two 100 watt LEDs running plenty of smoke perfectly!

Chinesium is just a slang for cheap nock off goods from china. Generally The newer full spectrum daylight lights are better than blue purple. More wats should yield more light so it is an indirect way of getting some comparison. Yes 130 wat LED will work. If you can, just run both of the lights.

Watch the plant and if anything starts looking off or you have any questions just post on here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that are glad to help. First harvest under your belt is a great feeling. Let us know if you need help getting there.

You definitely do NOT want to put an HPS light in your closet because they get super hot in small spaces and could run the risk of even starting a fire or causing electrical problems that would draw the attention of outsiders (repairmen, landlord, fire fighters, etc. Your whole bedroom will feel like an oven, possibly the whole apartment which would require all sorts of ducting and cooling measures which was how people were getting caught for decades.
A basic blurple light still works and was the industry standard for a few years so it's totally possible to grow your own smoke with them.
I started with t-5 florescents, then moved up to blurples, then metal hylide, then quantum board LEDs which have worked the best. I'm growing in a 2'x4' cabinet with two 100 watt LEDs running plenty of smoke perfectly!
Good point!! I didn't think she was any where near considering them so didn't clarify the problems and hazards with HID lights. I have 140 square feet and it was a battle keeping the temp under control with just 3 lights. Went out to buy a new HPS bulb and came home with LEDs. So much easier to work with. Still use T5s for seedlings and clones. They work just fine.

Welcome @laylaylom ! I don't grow indoor, but I do have a couple of SANSI full-spectrum grow lights, LED, 24w, 1830 lumen, that I got from Amazon for $22 USD each. They are 300w equivalent. They also have a 36w for $26. These are high quality bulbs.

LED's are now superior to blurple.

j
That is basically the setup I used in my first journal but with 9 bulbs for 2 foot by 3 foot coverage at 115wats. Grew 4 generations of jack herer clones under it to get a stable, consistent grow result. Then replaced just the light with vipar p1000 at 107wats with 2 foot by 3 foot coverage to grow the 5th generation clone. The veg and flower times were the same number of days. Hight and width growth matched day by day with the two lights. Final dry yield was exactly the same. The vipar did grow a healthier plant with more side branching. Vipar buds fit in fewer jars because they are 25% more dense. If the jars were not labeled you couldn't tell which one was the vipar grown bud in your hand or in a bowl.

The big advantage of premade over DIY is that most people are not comfortable dealing with electricity. Without a competent knowledge wiring it can be hazardous.

Lighting is full of white lies. Fake reviews, using stock photos of spectrum, and photo shopped display pictures. One or two white lies to simplify the numbers is normal. I start to loos trust as they add more. This has a few.

Grow lights are like standard bulbs in that the technology changed and people needed a scale. House LED are sold listing the incandescent equivalent 17wat LED =100wat incandescent. Grow LED are sold with the High pressure lamp equivalence 100wat LED = 1000wat HPS light. Different tech will change the exact values but that is the ballpark. So by the equivalency scale

300-600 LED would be for seedlings-small plants 30x30 or 60x60cm actual power used, under 75wats
600-1000 LED would cover 60x60 or 60x 90cm actual power used, under 130wats

The contradictions;
full spectrum 300wats, 600-1000 wat equivalent, but actual usage is 185 wats. Only one of these statements can be true.
If it truly was equal to any grow light it would at least mention PAR. PAR is the scale grow lights are actually valued by.
They don't list the light beam footprint size but the distance from plant is farther than most LED.
The actual manufacturer sells this light for $16 US less than amazon.
Found one review for the light but it was just an unboxing. Only thing I learned was it is a blurple light where the add shows white light. Blurple is inefficient older tech and not vary stealth.

I have experiment with cheep lighting and have given away a lot of cheep lights to friends after I was done. Still have a pile in a corner. They are no better for growing than compact fluorescents.
Rather than $46usd light you looked at and since amazon is a shipping source for you, search

LED Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA P600 LED​

It is on sale for$69 USD. That's $20USD more than the blurple light but far better quality
or

LED Grow Light, VIPARSPECTRA Newest P1000​

Twice the light vs 600 for $89usd
Not to mention it only uses a little over 100wats. A known manufacturer, and true grow light. Just trying to prevent you wasting the money we all did when we started on disposable lights.
I actually use the P600 and even tho it's a "low powered" light.. this thing works great. And my autos seem to love it.

I actually use the P600 and even tho it's a "low powered" light.. this thing works great. And my autos seem to love it.
By the numbers, the Migrow tutorial light would be equivalent to the p600. Either one grows plants just fine. The plant may not win any awards but the buds will be good enough to make you not care.

The OP is in India and the options are VARY limited. I looked up grow lights on amazon India sight and found a half a page of results. Of that, there were 10 that were technically maybe grow bulbs and 4 so called grow lights. 2 were for growing basil on the counter and 2 were sufficient for our application. Those are the two she was deciding between.

By the numbers, the Migrow tutorial light would be equivalent to the p600. Either one grows plants just fine. The plant may not win any awards but the buds will be good enough to make you not care.

The OP is in India and the options are VARY limited. I looked up grow lights on amazon India sight and found a half a page of results. Of that, there were 10 that were technically maybe grow bulbs and 4 so called grow lights. 2 were for growing basil on the counter and 2 were sufficient for our application. Those are the two she was deciding between.
Yea man my last grow was decent with the lights I have 95w one side 90w on the other. And damn that's terrible to have such restrictions on lights due to the word "grow"... I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for your interest guys. I ended up buying this homemade product from a local electrician. It's three blurple 50w cob leds with fans on the other side of a metallic surface with total of 150 watts (not equivalent)
I hope it grows my flower nicely.

150w-full-spectrum-cob-led-bitki-yetistirme-lambasi__1441043165477989.jpeg

The OP is in India and the options are VERY limited.

Options are limited in Australia too so I purchased a Migro Aray PRO, the 130W one and it only took a few days to get from Ireland to Aus. - incredible shipping service!

He has a 10% off sale atm, Code 'MIGROSALE' if anyone's keen.

Here's his vid where he analyses various lights for a 2x2 and he has done them for larger sized grow areas, etc.

One reason I got his light is because the ballast (dimmable too) is separate from the lights so you can have it outside the grow area, this way it keeps the temperature down in the grow area compared to 'all in one' lights.

j

Hey good morning... So we can check the lights output of umol/ppf using the PHOTONE APP.... it uses your selfie camera to sense light, this will give you a round about what kind of power your looking at... I'm going to assume that they are not going to put out enough light...sorry.... But the little lady looks good so far... Are you considering starting a journal?
I started a journal, thanks for suggesting that. Have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom