New to this, Want to share a Journal

Re: New to this ,Want to share a Journal

^^ agreed. 24/0 would be your best bet since you have temp issues. You're gonna have to solve that before going 12/12.

Differences in temps between lights on and lights off will cause you to get more stretch so you want to try to minimize that.

:peace:

Harry

Temp issuse to be resolve soon..
I am still wondering ?? if I can just keep growing until the lil ones are very healthy in with 24/0 light..I think Ill stay at 18/6 for now..
Then can I decide when to put them to 12/12 to start the flower cycle,in other words is there a set rule of how many weeks to grow before budding
Or can (you) grow as long as you want in veg stage of light..

Would be nice to see a thick bushy plant before it starts to bud..

Temp issue is because nothing surrounding the plants ,,will be building a box like structure to enclose in ,to help regulate some temps..

Keep at the 18/6 light cycling as you are now> by going over your grow posts and reading thru things, There is no rule for letting plants go in a vegatative stage, before inducing flowering, only things is, when do you want to have your buds mature enough to use?
You can actually lose flowers by the more you veg them out and not inducing flowering, your inside branches may not produce as much as your tops will, if you do not have the optimum lighting conditions.
example: growing in a 20' x20' x16 foot ceiling room> using 2 1000wMH & 2 1000wHPS:
Veg cycle was 4 months, ,plants were 8 feet tall and bushy> turned lights back to a 12/12 cycle and all the bottom or inside bush went to the Bubble bin> The tops were huge, we lost all inside growth>
You have to find that happy medium where to much veg time takes away from your actual finish product, quality and quantity>
What is the projected time frame you are looking for to have flowers?

Projected time ??? well that is it I am so new at this I dont know..
I planted them in oct and they broke ground on oct 23 so they are about a month old and a few days..

I think the cold has been major factor ,They are healthy just small ,
Can you grow a decent plant without adding any chemicals to soil??
I will stay with 18/6 thanks.
I am wondering from time when breaks ground to ??is time frame to keep in veg..
Or is it a personal preference.?
I dont need to worry of smells or odors just heat is issue that will be resolved soon..Time isnt a factor either..
I tried to post some pics but size was too big..will try again..

newgreenthumb

Also looking for time frame from start to finish..
Time when 1st leaves show till time when cut down how many days is normal for indoor grow??90 days??more less??
That would give me a idea of how well they are growing.Or need to grow

newgreenthumb do you have pictures of these little guys i am trying to compare peoples results to my own.

At around 8 weeks the plants from seed will show their sex (give or take a few weeks dep. on strain) regardless of light cycle. You dont have to wait that long but normally I do because I like medium sized plants, with sativa dominate plants they may get too large to manage easily with this method. Really the questions your asking are to open ended because of the numerous differnt varietys available, all with varying heights, width, growth rates, etc.

Heres the skinny as I see it:
You can actually flower from seed without ANY veg growth.
About a month to get to about a foot from seed. They can grow 2" a day.
You have to have a few feet between the light (HID) and the plant canopy AFTER it stops streching during the flowering phase, about 3-4 weeks(could be more though). Expect between 7 and 15 weeks to flower (12/12)depending on the type of plant. Thats what you have to work with for timing, the rest is only experiance with YOUR plants and growing preference.

Thank you thank you ,that clears up a lot ..
Seeing some of the pictures that say day 43 are days that have been in flowering stage..
I was thinking that was total age since planted..LOL new I am.
I looked today at them ,and new growth but some leaves were yellow brown,I did add a little water yesterday and have some time release nutients on soil top.
I think this was culprit so removed remains on soil ,also trimmed leaves.
The ones I trimmed were all 3 bladed leaves they were just under 3".
The top of one plant is turning purple. :) All seem healthy ,light position seems a factor too as I dont have permanent place to place them yet .
I notice different rates of growth to each plant .
Some have shoots sprouting from main stem and others are far from it .

Is venting just a form of temp control or do you need to vent.I can see the difference with a fan on the plant.but do you have to vent out ?of a box type set up??
If so Im thinking of the computer fan set up with fresh and exhaust fans and poss one or two to push air around inside...
Is reflective mulch a good idea?? or can you use silver garland for Xmas trees..
The major factor of this project will be money and supply then Cost of running
I cant have huge spike in elect. bill..

newgreenthumb

nov24_050.JPG

Deformed leaves on this one

nov24_077.JPG

Snipped top off this one to see if would branch out

Dont waste any time or $ reflecting light back up to the underside of the leaves. They don't photosynthesize there, they may burn or not, but it wont help. Good thought though, x-mas garland, THATS ingenuity.:clap:

Sounds like too much nutes though I couldnt really tell from the pics (aging eyes), try flushing with clean water; perhaps a gallon or so for small pots, and water about 3x the size of bigger pots. When you add nutes to the top of the soil make sure you really drench it the first watering to wash it down into the roots, you dont want too much in one place even the top. The purple could be from genetics, nute deficiency, or cold temps.

Did you just water before the pic? if not theyre too wet, which makes some nutes unavailable, also you gotta keep the leaves from touching the soil. This is very important as they will rot. The yellow on the water leaves is nothing to worry about.

You HAVE to vent, or suplement with CO2 (even then occasionally you have to vent the humidity and stale oxygen just not as often). The plants want fresh air to breath just like us. If you pop your head in and are wafted by heat or humidity, your plants are gonna be pissed at you!! Definitely exhaust out, intake is optional in my opinion, gotta have a fan inside to move the fresh air onto the leaves to replenish CO2 levels.

Read through the pic tutorial again as your missing a step, you want the copy link location, if you dont see them when you preview we cant either.

:peace:

how tall or old should your plant be when you top/fim it?and how would i go about deciding witch to do?

I've seen my leaves have as many 13 fingers per leaf!!!! As far as topping it- in my lil' experience- topping it after it makes a cola (wait till ready) and you smoke that cola, the buds underneath that cola, benefit from the built root system and the lack of the cola to feed! Giant Smoke!!!! Topping it prior to smoking time I dont know.

Topping should be done in veg. Why don't you experiment a bit and top one and FIM the other. This is your first grow so play around a bit and see what you like. Just make sure you do it while they are still in veg. How old and tall are the plants?

they were germiated on 15th oct planted and broke ground on 23 oct..
They are about 5 " one tallest is aprox. 7-8"..
Looking good every day.New shoots ,
Too hard to get good pic with camera that I have..

With a light that is 18" long tube style can you place straight up or does it need to be above the plant??

I was thinking of putting a few lights on side walls and one above the plants
I saw some replacement tubes for the lights and they have a measure of light spectrum,
Some of them are listed as plant and aquarium lights others as bathroom but have different lumens and light rating,Should I try to use different mixes to get wide range of light >??
I will post the lumens and ratings of each light.To see if worth the purchase.

One is on its 5th pare of leaves and the others are still on their first

Back
Top Bottom