Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

So there is something really wrong with this girl....it was not over watering. Is it root bound or root rot?
420-magazine-mobile321544198.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1254645848.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1745841572.jpg
420-magazine-mobile969447735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile45669743.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1003142557.jpg

Here is the hole I dug for her
420-magazine-mobile1116249075.jpg

Her planted
420-magazine-mobile1721358889.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1192495763.jpg

I topped susan two days ago...and she looks great after the rain
420-magazine-mobile844414907.jpg

The girls are showing more and more
420-magazine-mobile1253661719.jpg

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice

Sorry Lilred, its really sad huh? You got much farther than I did. After watching my plants die I realized that everybody's grow is different and advice should be taken with that in mind. I just need more experience growing and that the bottom line. Chasing advice and ideas can result in disappointment. If at first you don't succeed...

She's not dead yet. Something not right.. Those roots looked good, so not that. You been feeding much? If so, maybe stop for now.
Maybe Heirloom can help..

She may not have been happy in that pot. Roots were bound, but not as bad as I've seen.

Looks like she needs some micros, maybe P too.

Have kelp/seaweed? Liquid or meal? Apply liquid if so, make a tea with meal if you're using that.

I have bone meal that I put in the hole prior to putting her in and I put 3tbsp around the sides before filling with soil. I did not water her cuz I thought it would rain and it has not. I can go get the kelp from the nursery when they open. Should mix that and water her?

I understand what it is to be busy and honestly I did not expect an answer from u yesterday. I know that Wednesday is not the day to me messing with my mess.

Also I can't find potash locally what else can I get for these girls?
Humidity is 92% today. And thunderstorms this afternoon around 230.
Forecast says rain next 5 days so high humidity for 5 or more days.
Is there something I need to be doing to them to help them or are they good.

First heat now rain....got to love it.

Lilred, please don't despair. Yes, she looks to be struggling, but these plants are tough. I don't have the knowledge or experience to diagnose her troubles. All I can suggest is don't panic or do anything drastic. Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along.

Really enjoying your journal! So happy, but not at all surprised, that you found some expert advice early on. . Love how you're working out the little issues that come along using materials you have at hand. Looks like you have a little slice of paradise down there.

I can't help you with the current problem, but, just based on how much care you've been giving your plants, I'd be very surprised if it now lacks anything. I'd be looking back and wondering if theres been some excess, of something.

Of what? I don't know.

Ok I've thought of one possibility. Something to be careful of when adding nutrients or supplements, is to be sure that the next two or three waterings are especially thorough. If you applied bone meal, then the plants dried out soon after, then it got just a little rain, there's a chance that what you added has made a very concentrated solution in parts of the pot.

Has she had two or three good waterings since applying the bone meal? Possibly the answer is to dilute the stuff that's in there, rather than thinking if what it may be lacking. If you put too much of anything, it alters the uptake of other things that were already there. Ya follow?

All things in moderation. When something is added in excess, it can create symptoms of deficiency in other things, even though there's plenty there. If she was mine, I'd water thoroughly now, then find a place for her to chill and sort out a new balance. This is just what intuition tells me.

Anyhow, you and your garden have another admirer. I can tell already that you'll never give up, and that you have the attitude and abilities to be growing fabulous harvests in no time.

Best wishes to you. I really hope you have a great harvest soon!

Ras :peace::passitleft:

Lilred, please don't despair. Yes, she looks to be struggling, but these plants are tough. I don't have the knowledge or experience to diagnose her troubles. All I can suggest is don't panic or do anything drastic. Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along.

Really enjoying your journal! So happy, but not at all surprised, that you found some expert advice early on. . Love how you're working out the little issues that come along using materials you have at hand. Looks like you have a little slice of paradise down there.

I can't help you with the current problem, but, just based on how much care you've been giving your plants, I'd be very surprised if it now lacks anything. I'd be looking back and wondering if theres been some excess, of something.

Of what? I don't know.

Ok I've thought of one possibility. Something to be careful of when adding nutrients or supplements, is to be sure that the next two or three waterings are especially thorough. If you applied bone meal, then the plants dried out soon after, then it got just a little rain, there's a chance that what you added has made a very concentrated solution in parts of the pot.

Has she had two or three good waterings since applying the bone meal? Possibly the answer is to dilute the stuff that's in there, rather than thinking if what it may be lacking. If you put too much of anything, it alters the uptake of other things that were already there. Ya follow?

All things in moderation. When something is added in excess, it can create symptoms of deficiency in other things, even though there's plenty there. If she was mine, I'd water thoroughly now, then find a place for her to chill and sort out a new balance. This is just what intuition tells me.

Anyhow, you and your garden have another admirer. I can tell already that you'll never give up, and that you have the attitude and abilities to be growing fabulous harvests in no time.

Best wishes to you. I really hope you have a great harvest soon!

Ras :peace::passitleft:

Before I crashed yesterday I did go out and watered her in the hole since the promised/forecasted rain did not come in the first 24 hrs after planting. I don't know right now if I rained since I went to sleep around 4 pm. Only up now cuz my daughter knocked on my door at 130am.
I hope that me not checking her every five minutes will give her time to heal and me time to rest.

What a day yesterday was.

I need help right away.

My son thinks because I grow he can lay up in my house and not pay any bills. He can have company in his apartment and not pay bills. He lives in the mother in law suite in the back of the house. His water, electronic, cable, internet, phone, and food are all covered in his rent. He has 2 private entrances. Guess what he pays.....

198.00 a month.

So I say that to say all of my babies in the ground have to come out. All my potted ones are being moved.

Is there a way to get my girls..3 I know are girls...out the ground safely and into five gallon buckets...or am I wasting my time.

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice

Why do they have to come out?

That's just my curiosity, but you've quite a dilemma haven't you? If they really have to come out then you simply do it Lilred. Dig them out the size you need them to be and drop them in the pots. The alternative, I assume, is to chop, so you have nothing to lose.

Heirloom may be able to give you some pointers on keeping them stable, but you're pretty much at the whim of the cannabis gods here. Send them scads of positive intention as you work and keep a positive mind set. Chances are the general response will be more trichomes. :laughtwo:

Give your son a copy of his share of the utilities. His $198 a month covers the roof over his head. He's been blessed to have such a generous mother, but she needs to remember to be fair to herself too. You want him to be a productive and sensitive member of society. Maybe it's time for him to look around at the high cost of another home.

Hard-nosed but loving mom here who never had to take shit from my own, thank goodness. They'd have lost that battle, so we were all glad we didn't have to go there. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom