OD's Journal

Green lights are bad yo

Why do you think green lights are bad? It's not a usable spectrum of light for the plants. Granted it's best not to disturb your girls but if you do have to why not a green light?

I would say disturbing your plants at all in their nighttime is bad. As Ive stated its for emergency. I would rather flip on the green light than enter a pitch black room or turn on a flashlight. Its not like I chill in there its a quick in-and-out. Ive had to go in there a few times after lights out and still had a good harvest with no hermies or seeds.

I harvested, dried, and on the 4th day of cure now. I doubt theyll lose much more weight so Ive put them on the scale. The number is 21.9 kinda discouraging but i dont think there was a plant that was much over a foot tall including the pot. Im looking forward to doing a grow with just this strain and letting them get big before flowering. They never had alot of room. Just in solo cups then into a bit more than a half gal right before flower. I made a good amount of cannabutter from the trim and larf nugs. Ill post pics when my labtop doesnt suck.

Alright well I finally fixed my laptop and got some pictures. Here are the plants hanging, each branch was an individual plant, as I said they were small.
DSCF00939.JPG

And then heres a couple close ups, I took these just for me but might as well upload them.
DSCF00958.JPG
DSCF009410.JPG

And heres the big puck of butter I made from the trim and larfy nugs.
DSCF009610.JPG

I'll also be chopping down an Afghani and NLS any day now.

That butter puck is 4 cups of butter by the way. Pretty large.

Those plants remind me of my budcicles lol i think you did great! When is your next journal gonna be?

Lol it made me think of your budcicles too. This ones not quite over yet, I just harvested an afghani and northern light special this morning, got it trimmed and hanging now. I might make oil or hash with the trim this time. And I still have 1 afghani and 3 nls left as well. But it may be quite a while before my next grow. I have a baby girl due soon and I have to find a new place to live. Once everthings settled I'll start figuring out a spot and set up again.

Lol it made me think of your budcicles too. This ones not quite over yet, I just harvested an afghani and northern light special this morning, got it trimmed and hanging now. I might make oil or hash with the trim this time. And I still have 1 afghani and 3 nls left as well. But it may be quite a while before my next grow. I have a baby girl due soon and I have to find a new place to live. Once everthings settled I'll start figuring out a spot and set up again.

Alright I thought that was the last little bit lol sorry sometimes things blur together for me gets confusing lol. Well I hope you still hang about even if you don't grow for a bit. I totally understand you take care of what you gotta brother!

It's all good, I understand my journal is just a bunch of random posts and no schedule or consistency. I'm sure I'll still be checking out what other people are doing. I saw Weaselcracker got like an oz of bud from a solo cup. Man.... I wanna figure out how to get that and do a bunch of those lol.

Could always take clones then once they root throw em in 12/12 right away as long as you got decent amount of light and the enviroment is right i could see it being done. Maybe keep a bonsai mother too if you want to keep things small. So many possibilities lol

Yeah that's along the lines of what I was thinkin. Its just crazy to me to get those numbers from such a small amount of grow medium still. I'm making my first attempt at using ice water extraction to make hash. I hope it goes well.

Well its all gone now. I think the ph problem of my water finally caught up to the big ones. They were losing fan leaves everyday until there were almost none left. They buds never got to a decent size so I chopped em all down and used the ice water extraction method to make some hash. That did turn out well. Got 5.6g of nice gold hash. I'm gonna go ahead and end this. Not gonna be doing anything for a long time most likely.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom