SmokerJoe's 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

re: Smokerjoes 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

Congrats Nematode

re: Smokerjoes 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

Nice!

Re: Smokerjoes 3rd Journal Featuring Unique 42/6 Light Cycle

Sounds like things are cruising along nicely. As always I never fail to pick up a few tips from you my friend. so I'm in. lurking and learning as usual.

Hello everyone. Its been almost 2 weeks since many of these plants sprouted so lets take a look

DSCN17176.JPG
DSCN17186.JPG
DSCN17196.JPG
DSCN17207.JPG
DSCN17215.JPG
DSCN17229.JPG
DSCN17237.JPG

The first 3 closeup pictures are of mainlined plants. 1 of the plants has already done step 2 of the mainlining process. Once all of the plants have been topped 3 or 4 times then flowering begins. I will write a mainlining guide after this grow or maybe before if youd like to see bigger nugs and less popcorn buds this is the way to go. I wrote a short guide and summary in my second journal if you want to go find that. Have a great day see everyone soon I will be around reading journals.

The Seeds in the buckets that didnt sprout will be removed. I dont have the time to wait to see if the end up sprouting nor do I have time to plant new ones so I will stick with these 7 this grow. The bucket with 2 plants will soon be separated and the smaller of the plants will be in the big yellow bucket so it has more room to spread its roots and catch up to the others. Overall these plants are a lot bigger then their 18/6 or 24/0 counterparts. It hasnt been 2 weeks yet and these plants are of nice color and intensity and the growth on them is amazing. 42/6 seems like the light cycle to be the only one im using going forward as it simply outpaces all others.

I was about to say those girls are big for two weeks. 42/6... The proof is in the growth Joe.

Good Day weed Smoker. Girls are looking good my friend. that's some crazy growth you got going. I will have to follow this 42/6 thing you got going. Football is almost over until later on this year so we have to find other things to do. Might as well grow some plants. Happy Days. :volcano-smiley:

78-82 lights on 65-71 lights off

50-72% humidity with periodic increases on purpose for a specific reason.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you all know I am a nominee for member of the month. Thank you to those who have voted for me and everyone who participates is appreciated. Later on I will be posting new pictures. Many of the plants have now been mainlined. I am going to leave 1 or 2 to use as the control. I try to go for yield but to me physical appearance of the buds is more important. Noone wants a bag of 1000's of small nugs. I also transplantted the smaller of the 2 plants that were in the same bucket. It is now at home in the yellow bucket. I did this last night so lets take a look at what a overnight period of lights out did for the transplant.

Well the battery went dead as I snapped my first picture and we cant find the charger so it may be tomorrow until pictures are here.

we will be waiting :thumb:

DSCN17247.JPG
DSCN17257.JPG
DSCN17266.JPG
DSCN17276.JPG

DSCN17298.JPG
DSCN173010.JPG
DSCN17316.JPG
DSCN17327.JPG

I have a 24/7 digital timer but for right now I do all the timing myself. I time it so im awake when the lights need turned off or to come on so no mistakes. I use the timer for all phases when I do 20/4 or 18/6 and always in flower phase.

Well thats mainlining. You let the plant grow to 4 nodes and then chop off everything below node 3 and top it at 4 so it cuts off node 4. 2 new nodes spring from node 3 on the left and the right and those nodes grow to get to the 3rd node of their own and again you cut off all leaves below the third node and top it for each node. Its a very simple streamlined method that will grow a nice fairly even canopy and the plants are stronger and have a higher yield with less popcorn premature nugs because with this method all of the plants energy goes into making more stronger tops and since all the nodes under the desired one are cut off there is nowhere for popcorn to grow only mature monster colas with very little waste and no need for trelis or stakes because the offshoot branches I make sure they are as thick and strong as the mainbranch. To Achieve this you have to knuckle the stem every 2 inches so that it repairs into a knot which is equivalent to your own body reinforcing a broken bone. My mistake on 1 of the plants was to do the trimming and breaking while I was drinking wine and as a result I pinched the whole developed node off and so the plant you see pictured with tape on it has 3 mains and not 4. Although unfortunate is easily overcame as I will mainline it a different way and so it will have 12 colas possibly 24 depending on how fast I can get it to catch up. I think I may stick with anywhere between 8-16 on each plant until I can add even more light. Getting another led and probably 1 or 2 more led ufo lights and will substitute lights depending on season of the year.

Back
Top Bottom