Oregon Legal Weed My Grow Box Begins

Thanks Tim, I saw that already on Craigslist but I thought it was short at first glance, is that 6 ft tall? Also how deep is it?, thanks

it is 70 inches tall, so right at 6 feet tall it is 38 inches wide and 24 inches deep, such a great size and solid

I'm pretty sure you can buy a decent grow tent for what an old piece of furniture might cost, plus or minus drilling the holes for vents, stuff for light mounting, etc. If I wasn't lucky enough to be allowed a closet I'd be going the tent route. Still thinking about it, as I'm just getting started. I don't want to run afoul of the regs on this website, but people are selling turn-key, ready to plant tent systems for pretty competitive prices, and are at least worth investigating. The DIY costs add up pretty fast in my inexperienced opinion. Some of them in OR will even install it for you, optimized for a perpetual-grow "soon to be legal" 4 plant system. We live in new and exciting times, and there are reasons to be optimistic, despite the unrest happening otherwise in the country.

:peace:

I opted for a wood cabinet over a tent because I felt the wood, would provide better insulation (not much, but everything helps)and sound deadening, maybe easier to wipe the walls down too. Plus I like DIY. Tent just wasn't stealth enough for my application, but I agree they would be the way to go for someone else.

I'm pretty sure you can buy a decent grow tent for what an old piece of furniture might cost, plus or minus drilling the holes for vents, stuff for light mounting, etc. If I wasn't lucky enough to be allowed a closet I'd be going the tent route. Still thinking about it, as I'm just getting started. I don't want to run afoul of the regs on this website, but people are selling turn-key, ready to plant tent systems for pretty competitive prices, and are at least worth investigating. The DIY costs add up pretty fast in my inexperienced opinion. Some of them in OR will even install it for you, optimized for a perpetual-grow "soon to be legal" 4 plant system. We live in new and exciting times, and there are reasons to be optimistic, despite the unrest happening otherwise in the country.

:peace:

I would gladly go for a grow tent, but the tents are not stealth looking at all, so anyone who see's it will ask all sorts of questions, but if you use a piece of furnature or a refridgerator then nobody will think anything of it if everything is hidden inside!

I opted for a wood cabinet over a tent because I felt the wood, would provide better insulation (not much, but everything helps)and sound deadening, maybe easier to wipe the walls down too. Plus I like DIY. Tent just wasn't stealth enough for my application, but I agree they would be the way to go for someone else.

YES i agree with the insulation idea, also being able to mount everything even to the sides was a plus for me, but more so was that everyone has now seen my wardrobe and the inside and they are all convinced it is just extra closet space for clothing, now i am going to move it out into the corner of the barn and begin the internal re construction and leave the outside looknig just like they have seen it, plus I am going to use these movers blankets from harbor frieght as a source of insulation and just drape them over the outside, I am going to use 3 layers of them, here is the link for the movers blankets only 8.99 72 in. x 80 in. Moving Blanket and they are thick and will look normal out in the garage or barn, just covering and protecting the grow box, complete shop look too

Also Grow tents seem to be geared towards using pre fabbed parts that are made for the tents, such as the inline fans , the lights with hangers, carbon filters , and those are all good products, but I am also making this on the cheap, so I am buying ordinary parts thru home depot, like a bathroom ceiling fan for only 13 dollars, or a 110 volt pc fan for 15 bucks on ebay, I just bought a used digital line voltage thermostat on ebay for only 18 bucks, that will hook up to the 30 inch baseboard heater I got thru home depot, I am really convinced that I will be able to keep the inside of the box warm around 72-75 degrees even if there is snow on the ground right outside the metal barn wall!! grow tents also rely on the idea that the ground your putting them on is level, and solid and insulated, but with this wood wardrobe there floor is already solid , and its spaced up off the ground about 4 inches so I can put some foam insulation under neath it for extra warmth protection, and I am going to set the whole thing on a wood pallet that I have laying around, to ad to the barn effect ever further,, I will start posting photos of the parts that are arriving and giving links to the parts on Monday after the holiday weekend and everyone has gone home

Thanks again Tim I just got the same cabinet as you yesterday, you should look into carbon exhaust filters on Home Depots website they have one for $29 that hooks to 4 inch ducting and has a cfm rating for 47cfm, also It looks like refills are easy to get for only $8 (they only last long enough for one cycle though) I bought an adjustable flow rate low speed pc fan rated at 50cfm and another one for an intake, I hope this works we will see.

Thanks again Tim I just got the same cabinet as you yesterday, you should look into carbon exhaust filters on Home Depots website they have one for $29 that hooks to 4 inch ducting and has a cfm rating for 47cfm, also It looks like refills are easy to get for only $8 (they only last long enough for one cycle though) I bought an adjustable flow rate low speed pc fan rated at 50cfm and another one for an intake, I hope this works we will see.

YOU ROCK!! great job grabbing one of those wardrobes, its perfect for what we are doing, I kinda laughed when I bought it, she had no clue what we are using them for, fortunatly for me I live so far out in the country out near Estacada and my barn in on the rear corner of the property with no people around, so I am just going to vent under the bottom board of the pole barn facing nothing but christmas trees, I dont think they will mind the smell, HAHAHA, I love the idea of a cheap carbon filter if my wife warms to the idea of letting me bring the box into the house at a later date. I purchased a light dimmer switch thru home depot rated at 600 watts and I am going to put that inline with both of my fans, (one for each fan) to control the speeds, the bathroom fan i predict I will only use in the summer when the temps are warmer and I need more air movement, but the 120 mm pc fan I will also put on the dimmer switch to control speed, i hope to find a fan speed that is slow enough to just barely move air thru the box so the heater can keep pace with the temp inside and yet the plant doesnt starve for c02, honestly there is enough air in the wardrobe to last a plant at least one hour or more, I am thnking about just venting the box once an hour for one mintue and let it breath the warm air inside the other 59 mintues? what do you think, if not then I will let the pc fan run full time but at a rate that just moves air out slowly while sucking in clean cold air and then the baseboard heater will do its thing, I purchased a really nice digital thermostat for the heater that should do a great job of heat control

if your making your own light like me, go grab some of those turkey roasting pans that are in stores right now for cheap, I am using 2 rectangle turkey pans for my reflector and using 12 CREE led 9watt ( 60 watt equal) across the top, using 6 procalin light sockets and 6 Y spliters all hung under neath the 2 turkey pans, hung by 2 chains using hooks in the top of the wardrobe

TimWHOA! I know it's legal and all but do you want to drop your guard just yet? You just shared your personal EVERYTHING on a public forum that gets swept by google.

Oh and that whole cannabis thing. No one could be interested in this at all right? Please be safe everyone

On the upside you scored yourself a sweet armoire! Solid, discreet. Can't wait to see this all get off the ground. Especially excited to see what you do in the summer. Sounds like you have space and maybe by then the laws will lax even more :)

Well i apprieciate your kindness and warnings, but Weed is Legal in Oregon now, several counties have decided to DROP all cases and All charges pending against marry jane defendants, and to no longer persue or arrest anyone until the law fully implaments on July 1st, the district attourney says GO FOR IT , as long as what you do abides by the law. so you see, the good people of portland oregon no longer have to worry about HIDING like you so feel we need to, but I have to let you know that the website has deleted the posts with the email and facebook links, but even if they had not, those were to profiles that I set up that were made just for talking about cannibis, they were not my real accounts, not even real phone numbers or real cities, so when you say "real everything" they were really Fake everythings, there is no law against building a grow box, I have posting or done nothing illegal

its federally legal in Oregon?? you are almost free,but not 100% no one is ,yet.Same as sitting in Colorado,i could be sitting and the dea beats my door in,they dont care what the state says

Nice box,its a really good size and the price was great.

good luck with those led,your not the first to try them,and wont be the last.not sure where you would get them = to a 1k mh(you cant throw that nugget out and not want a reply)

A 1k is 150000 lummens,(aprox)and each cree bulb that I could find is 800 lumens ,you would need truck load of bulbs to equal a 1k mh

If you get to searching for a light in that space,this is only 100 and works pretty good,from a site supporter here

LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

Great start Tim. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Have you thought about maybe putting one of those cheap weather station thingys in there? For about 25 bucks they sell it you put the remote sensor outdoors and on a nice wireless display indoors you see the temp, humidity etc. from the remote. In your case the remote sensor would go in your box and the display inside your house. They even have an alarm in case the remote gets too hot/cold, so that could warn you in case of losing power and freezing, or maybe a fan dies and your girls cook (ouch!). It can warn you.

Thanks again for sharing. I can't wait to see some nice buds in there.

its federally legal in Oregon?? you are almost free,but not 100% no one is ,yet.Same as sitting in Colorado,i could be sitting and the dea beats my door in,they dont care what the state says

Nice box,its a really good size and the price was great.

good luck with those led,your not the first to try them,and wont be the last.not sure where you would get them = to a 1k mh(you cant throw that nugget out and not want a reply)

A 1k is 150000 lummens,(aprox)and each cree bulb that I could find is 800 lumens ,you would need truck load of bulbs to equal a 1k mh

If you get to searching for a light in that space,this is only 100 and works pretty good,from a site supporter here

LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

Thanks for the help, I had a link to a thread where the guy used the cree bulbs exclusivly and it was his information and such, but the link got pulled down, not sure why some links stay and others dont, but he was on his 3rd grow with the cree's with plenty of pictures to go with it, I was happy with his harvest, so far I dont see the DEA closing down the legal washingon state stores, so I figure they oregon places will stay open also, who knows
I would post the cree thread again , but I dont want to run against the 420 forum rules, would rather stay and have fun with everyone

Great start Tim. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Have you thought about maybe putting one of those cheap weather station thingys in there? For about 25 bucks they sell it you put the remote sensor outdoors and on a nice wireless display indoors you see the temp, humidity etc. from the remote. In your case the remote sensor would go in your box and the display inside your house. They even have an alarm in case the remote gets too hot/cold, so that could warn you in case of losing power and freezing, or maybe a fan dies and your girls cook (ouch!). It can warn you.

Thanks again for sharing. I can't wait to see some nice buds in there.

I love the idea of a remote sensor, I have a digital thermometer with high low settings and humidity, but i have to open the box to see what the 24 hour results would be, thanks for sharing

since I have not opened my Cree bulbs from home depot, I feel I will return them for a refund and purchase the 100x3 watt led light that c526 turned me onto, really appreciate it,
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom