Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Besides the yellowing on the Cheese they're both looking stellar!
It looks to me like it's leaning more heavy toward indica.
It looks like it's going to be leaning even more in a couple of weeks. :thumb:
I really think I need to do a flush of this plant, but not sure how to do that in a SIP.
I see you've got that covered with Azi. :goodluck:
I'm afraid this plant won't be ready for harvest until November.
Well thank goodness you're not in Minnesota!

Both ladies look exceptional, Beez-
It'll take more than a few yellow leaves to make the Sensi Cheese look anything but awesome!
I really think I need to do a flush of this plant, but not sure how to do that in a SIP.
That's what I did on Saturday! (great minds think alike?:cheesygrinsmiley:) I figured it couldn't hurt...
I just ran a couple of gallons through the half gallon rez, then laid the plant on it's side till the water stopped dripping out, then filled it back up with the usual nute solution plus 10ml of PB Core B- and today I'm 95% sure the yellowing has stopped progressing- still yellow, but not getting any yellower...

Exactly...so more just a water change than an actual flush, I guess...
It got rid of the stink, so it did what I needed it to do...👍

Or, you could set up a siphon with some narrow gage flexible tubing. Suck it through like you're 16 and need some of your father's gas to go on your date. 🙄

Once it gets going you should find the input rhythm that matches the outflow.
LOL!
FYI I flushed my SIP the other day - or tried to. Instead of sucking on the hose I just filled the hose with water (keep both ends level in one hand) and placed my thumb over one end and crammed the other down the fill spout. Then lowered the other end into a bucket and it immediately started draining out the res. You have to elevate the pot tho.

It looks like it's going to be leaning even more in a couple of weeks. :thumb:
That kind of leaning, I'm ok with!
And the SC is a giant! Is that sensi stalk about beer can size?
Pretty close! :p I don't do cans, but here's a bottle pic:

then laid the plant on it's side till the water stopped dripping out,
Certainly not an option in my case. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Instead of sucking on the hose I just filled the hose with water (keep both ends level in one hand) and placed my thumb over one end and crammed the other down the fill spout. Then lowered the other end into a bucket and it immediately started draining out the res. You have to elevate the pot tho.
Yeah, I've had some bad luck sucking on syphon hoses. :laughtwo: Another advantage to using my plant trolleys - they elevate the pot a couple of inches.

Augustiner -brewed in Munich, Germany. Kinda hard to find here in the states, at least until recently. :cool:

Instead of sucking on the hose I just filled the hose with water (keep both ends level in one hand) and placed my thumb over one end and crammed the other down the fill spout. Then lowered the other end into a bucket and it immediately started draining out the res. You have to elevate the pot tho.
Well, OK. But that takes all the fun (and the risk) out of the equation.

:p

Aw shoot! Forgot the MB! Tomorrow!
Ha!

Tie a string to your finger as a reminder.

A rubber band on the wrist also has worked for me.:Rasta:

Geezer! :laugh:

Ha!

Tie a string to your finger as a reminder.

A rubber band on the wrist also has worked for me.:Rasta:

Geezer! :laugh:
🤣
Funny story,
I used to wear the rubber bands as reminders for whatever....
Until I was tipsy at a party & one of my old school homies talked my son (probably like 2y/o at the time) into coming over & snapping one on my wrist; then says "remember that time you forgot the condom" 🤣🤣🤣

I got lazy and haven't started malted barley until tomorrow to get them finishing earlier.
Yeah, I was also wondering about the malted barley...

Malted barley is a Clackamas Coot idea. You can read the interview he did with KIS Organics Here. He also talks about worm castings, comfrey and other things organic.

But basically he says the malted barley can help plants finish something like 15% faster.

Even though I still have another month or more to go before my Summer grow is finished, I wanted to start some seeds.

My plan was to grow 6 regular plants in hopes of getting 3 females. The seeds are coming from my son's plants a couple seasons ago. They were pollinated by an unknown male in his neighborhood, so I only know half of the genetics. I soaked 2 Zkittlez seeds, 3 Red Dragon seeds, and 6 Amnesia seeds. I don't want this many plants. I've had difficulties germinating these regular seeds in the past. Of course, that means they all cracked and got planted.:laughtwo:
I know I need to discard a few of these Amnesia, so there's two that are last to emerge from the soil. I'm going to toss those and keep the other four... for now. Also one of the three Red Dragon hasn't popped above soil yet, so I'll toss that as well.

That will leave me with 8 plants to sex. I plan to try the @StoneOtter method of starting them under 12/12 lights for the first 10-12 days, then switching to 18/6 for the rest of veg. After about 30 days the plants should reveal their sex and I can cull out the males. I'm hoping to get these plants finished before Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom