Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

What's this about single-finger-tapping on the phone? Use your thumbs, mate! S2g, some kids these days have never seen a desktop computer before :rofl:
It’s probably different if a phone is all you know, but coming from a desktop it is a bit of a compromise. In fact I was going to edit my previous post to add a couple more pics but on the phone I couldn’t do it, it kept coming up with an error. I couldn’t even change my typing to bold. :oops:

I'm so jealous of your glass piece. Might have to gift one to myself for Christmas.
They seem hard to find in NZ. There isn’t a hell of a lot of selection due to the ridiculous importing rules. Greenstone had a lot a difficulty in getting the last batch in and are not too keen to risk another unfortunately. My brother was impressed with it too and was rather disappointed that he couldn’t order just one for the weekend.

All 4 are looking good! As I've mentioned, I have a personal investment in watching that Mango Sherbert!
I am really hoping that it goes well as without you I wouldn’t be growing this, so I’ll feel better once it gets a few nodes of growth under way. I read your earlier post on the perched water table that was responsible for your plant’s drooping leaves, it was a very good point to be reminded of.

Don’t give up on the stunted seedling. She’ll be stronger than she would have been if she pulls through :cheer:
I haven’t given up on her yet but In my mind I feel there is next to no chance that she’ll come right. I decided to repot her a week ago in some nice organically amended soil and worm castings in the desperate hope that she would pick up, but when I took her out of her starter pot her roots were very meagre and more brown than white, short of giving them a short soak in diluted H2O2 I just can’t see her coming right although I will keep her going for another couple of weeks in case she surprises me!

Although I said I had a lot problems trying to germinate the Mexican Sativa and I still have the 5th and final seed in damp paper towels in it’s 3rd week and I gave it additional scouring today in the hope it will still sprout. But I forgot to mention that the single seed which germinated actually broke the soil with it’s tap root poking up (photo below)!!! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when one morning on checking the pot of soil I saw the protruding white tip of it’s root!! I had read of that happening to others but wasn’t ever expecting that it’d happen to me. I then replanted it right side up and when it broke the soil the second time it’s effing helmet was stuck and needed removing, then the next day with no more progress I realised that the shell case membrane was stuck over the cotyledons, unfortunately in freeing her she took a real beating which I think was too much, as aside from still being alive she hasn’t really grown since. It the last pic she’s over 3 weeks old since germinating. I was given this strain and it sounded a great one so I wanted to give it every chance to come right but I’ll be surprised if she does at this stage to be honest.

Yes the glass piece is a real little beauty, and nice to have as an option, she’s even small enough to put in my pocket! It was supposed to be a dab rig that came with a banger but the banger was missing (and not needed by me) so I got it for $50 and are lucky that my vapcap sits fine in the 8mm connection (the 2nd and current version are 10mm.
:hookah:

And good idea to get a pic of the nice new glass...gonna be hard to get it that clean ever again. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yes I think so, the first and last time it’ll be as clean! I doubt whether swishing a bit of ISO around will cut it, we’ll just have to see. :bongrip:

MexSat looking better than I thought she would. Hopefully (maybe) with some direct sunlight those green patches will do their thing and power the first set of serrated leaves.

MexSat looking better than I thought she would. Hopefully (maybe) with some direct sunlight those green patches will do their thing and power the first set of serrated leaves.
The Mexican Sativa is still alive but not exactly chewing up the pot in her growth milestones.
Here she is from today, still only showing the first single blade pair of leaves, and I cannot yet see any sign of a further set of leaves - where are the stem cells!

I’ve had a couple of seedlings sit for a week with no sign of their first set of leaves coming through.
In both cases they turned into very strong plants. One, my current fave. Another, possibly my next.

Plants have got their own plans sometimes.

I’ve had a couple of seedlings sit for a week with no sign of their first set of leaves coming through.
In both cases they turned into very strong plants. One, my current fave. Another, possibly my next.

Plants have got their own plans sometimes.
Admittedly the pace of growth is way short of what I would like to see, and it is hard to suggest that any real growth will soon start to happen, I will be pleased as punch if it eventually comes right but it is very hard to imagine at the moment when so far I can’t see any sign of development of the next set of leaves.

I think this plant ‘planned’ to do well, but after her seed case stuck on her, then the membrane that remained was not spotted and promptly removed, and when it was removed the plant got a hell of a jostling and probable damage to it’s tap root. Unfortunately, I am sure none of that was it’s own plans.

I haven’t posted for while as currently without a computer, so limited to single finger stabbing on the phone which is a PITA. And the other thing is, not a lot has been happening, as I am only in the very early stages of this season’s outdoor grow. But it’s been a while so let me give some updates.

WG - White Widow XTRM x Gorgonzola;
This was one of the 3 strains I grew last year and one that I can report has been my favourite as it enhances nicely but leaves the mind pretty clear so feels very comfortable when coping with unplanned interactions.

Dynavap;
I got one a these a little while ago as a backup vape that wasn’t battery dependent and could be portable. I have found the quality of the rips to be outstanding to the point it become my daily driver and gave me a new appreciation of my stash. However, recently I have become aware that those thick potent rips are more fierce on the lungs than what I had been used to from my previous daily driver, a Silver Surfer, which if anything just gave me a dry throat.

This past week I have taken a break from vaping and instead I used my Ardent unit to decarb some WG and have been chomping a small decarbed nug in the evening (or 2) with a swig of olive oil to assist absorption. I have found the effect from this very pleasant, reminiscent of something @DonkeyDick once said as he described having a hit of CBD bud, of course this wasn’t CBD heavy (that I knew of) but it feels like a really nice relaxation flooding thru the body, and I sleep better during the night.

Today I took delivery of a little glass mini rig that allows my vapcap to sit in the female connection, so I broke my ‘vape fast’ and tried it out, it was much smoother, but I imagine if I went from using the kitchen gas stove to a single flame lighter then I’d probably be able to achieve an even better consistency.

Once we’re restored with a computer I will start a new journal. But for now, this is what I have underway.

CBD Express auto; which is growing strong, only a month since germinated and plenty of pistils.

Godfather OG;
This is/has been growing strong. Not quite the size of the CBD Express which was planted straight into its forever home. I feel I made a mistake when I choose to plant the photos into small pots buried within 2 larger pots. Today when I decided to up pot I found the tap root had grown right thru the landscape fabric pot liner and down into the middle pot soil which contained more richly amended soil. So a few hours later she is ok but clearly a little shocked by her uppotting. And still need to top her for quadlining. I normally micro top but this time I wanted to let it grow out more and then try to grow out the cutting. I feel the pot within a pot within a pot is not working out and I should probably soon go straight to the final to avoid this happening when the plant is half way thru being trained. Previously I had used the fabric lining with stand alone pots, where roots where surrounded by air and air pruned. But I am realising that when the pots are buried within one another the roots behave differently and just try to go down. Anyway, there is something for me to learn from already!

Strawberry Cough;
This one is still a young seedling but hopefully progresses into a great plant. I am looking forward to trying her 80% Sativa qualities.

Mango Sherbert;
Also at the young seedling stage, fingers crossed for good progress ahead.

Mexican Sativa;
I had great hopes for this one but it is not looking good, only 1 germinated out of 5. And unfortunately when it did, the ‘helmet’ didn’t come off which I managed to remove but my eyesight didn’t initially pick up that the membrane was left on binding the cotyledons, and the following day when I attempted to remove it, I succeeded, but it really came at the expense of more movement to the sprout that I wanted, so now it is quite stunted and I doubt very much if there is any real hope for it.

So that is about where I am up to currently.

:ganjamon:
Awesome updater brother.... some gorgeous strains there and will be very pleasant in the dynavap..... I'm in the market for a glass bong too....

The Mexican Sativa is still alive but not exactly chewing up the pot in her growth milestones.
Here she is from today, still only showing the first single blade pair of leaves, and I cannot yet see any sign of a further set of leaves - where are the stem cells!
It's a landrace from Oaxaca crossed with an Afghani and Durban from South Africa, so maybe the stem cells are still on the way. She may still find them, somewhere, push them out. But this is quite a long birth, I admit. Mine took a while, too, but yours takes the cake.

I am finishing this journal and will ask Admin to now move it to completed. Big thanks to everyone who took the time to drop by. And those too who have your own journals that I have gleaned and gained so much from. Huge thanks and big smile out to you!:thanks:

For those that fancy, I have started a new journal for my new (current) grow. The link is in my signature and below. All are very welcome to drop by. I'll shout out here to some who have dropped or expressed interest, the others I won't burden. I know there's never enough time, so no worries if you're busy it's early days, swing by any time.

@Emeraldo @DonkeyDick @syenite @Bionic Chronic NZ @InTheShed @nickeluring @Kodiak420 @Maritimer @Piña Delores @MrX @gr865 @McRib @Lime

Because these plants are effectively from regular seeds, I want to try and determine what gender they are, sooner preferably than later. Any males and I will probably just cull them to reduce my grow and time (Fluxing and Quadlining require a reasonably frequent amount of training). Plus, I still have White Widow pollen saved from 2 previous seasons of grows and still have a few hundred seeds saved, so I am not inclined to bother growing out any confirmed males on this grow.

However, as long as I get some girls it is my intention to selectively attempt to feminize some colas with daily spraying of Colloidal Silver once flowering has begun. I have read a couple of journals where this has been done quite successfully and the growers have been rewarded with plenty of feminized seeds for future grows. So it seems no real loss to have a go at trying attempting that myself on this grow - if all goes to plan :goodluck:.
Hey Stunger! Hope all is well, bro!
So, two and a half years after this post, I was wondering if you learned anything about sex determination before flower?
I have njust put a Gorilla glue that is 5 weeks into veg but will soon be putting 4 female cafe racers outside next weekend and the following week-end. Strongest to weakest. I don't want these ladies pollinated.
So how did that "colloidal Silver" work out? As a Canadian, there is only 1 outdoor harvest and have only 2 small grow spaces indoor, and wouldn't want to waste neither space nor electricity.
I will keep on reading, well done so far..
Cheers! all plants photos btw

Back
Top Bottom