Papaya Goes Soil - CFL - 2nd Grow - Soil Grow Journal

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I figured its been a while so i would update with a pic of my 2 soil girls. They are getting so massive! I dont know what im going to do with them lol... I might have to chop my hydro girl soon just because i have got to get these two setup... Smell is becoming an issue and when i chop and hang papaya, it will have to be in the tent so im not going to be able to filter these two girls for about a week... I hope i dont run into a problem with this. They are so SMELLY.... in a good way to me but not everyone else
:thumb:

Also just wanted to let everyone know im still watering with regular tap water... No nutes or additives yet.

816clone.png

UPDATE TIME!!

I guess it is time for an update! Sorry I havent really updated much as I have to get my other girl out the tent before i start on this one! It will we a lot more updated once i move them in the tent!

They have grown sooooo much! I built a bigger temporary box them.. Its not much but it will have to do lol. Besides the little light burn on them they are doing GREAT!

Here they are!:
8251.png

UPDATE!

So my tent is finally cleared out!!!!! YAY!!! So i spent all day today trimming, cleaning, building and moving! I built a scrog for the 2 girls and put them under it! Im going to let her fill up the scrog and then switch her.

The tent looks awesome now and I changed places with my inline fan and filter. It have it all neat!

Scrog is 27 inches high.

Built this new CFL light... Its pretty cool and works great! It will hold 18 - 26watt CFL's. If you run them this close together you MUST have a fan to cool them for safety.

828c1.png

828c2.png

828c3.png

828c4.png

Thanks! So im having a hard time deciding on light everyone... Maybe some of your input can help me decide. Im torn between a 144x3w reflector from top led and a 600W HPS.... Especially with winter approaching I could always use the extra heat for my grow room. I have the tent vented to the next room over so it doesn't circulate the same air. At this point im leaning toward the HPS... What are your thoughts?

UPDATE TIME!!

These girls are loving the light!!! Im tucking and training them daily to keep them under the net. The net is filling in nicely and the lower newer growth is catching up and making its way to the net.

I took quite a bit of leaves off the lower and the ones not getting light. I have been plucking here and there through the whole grow so when i defoliate her she will be ok.

I have decided to go with the HPS!!! Im pretty sure im going with the 600W. Im going either with the cool tube with reflector or the cooltube hood reflector. If you guys have any input on this let me know. Im pretty excited and I will purchase it pretty soon. The 600 will be good i believe because its only going to draw a little over 600 watts so my power bill wont rise to much. My cfl draw was around 500watts so it wont be a dramatic increase to what im already used to. Also its going to really help on my heating I hope. Oh yea and the price!!! I cant get the whole combo with dimmable ballast and everything for around $160. Ill let everyone know when i get ready to get it! It should be pretty soon!

I also have been thinking about starting at least one more seed. I can throw it in the tent under the HPS with the other two girls once it gets ready to flower. I have White widow, White Rhino, LSD, Venice Beach Afghan, and NLX Diamond Auto seeds. I have half the tent available!! I would have started at least 4 at the same time but I didnt know what i was going to do about lighting and i knew i could flower 2 under CFL's if i had to.

Here they are!

9021.png

Looks like your going for plant of the month status! Great looking scrog! Good luck on the light. I would've said go with the LED, but since you need the added heat, good choice!

The girls are doing good! Im kinda in a situation right now and I dont know what to do. I may have to move within the next month with my company so im not for sure what im going to do. Im debating to buy the HPS because if I have to make this move I couldnt finish this grow... and its leaning on 80% that I am moving as of right now. These girls have not started flowering yet and it would be close to 10 weeks before they would finish... Ill keep you updated!!!

Heres one pic before tucking today and one pic after:

9101.png

9102.png

UPDATE TIME!

So since i still dont know if im going to have to move with my company I decided to go ahead and flip them and start flowering! I started flowering Friday 12th.

I updated my light and added a total of 4 fans to keep this thing cool! Safety first! Also added lights! Right now im up to 26 - 26 watt CFL for a actual wattage of 676!!! Some way i figured wrong on my last grow but i only had 18 total bulbs for 468 watts. So im excited to see what i can do with the added 200 watts and two plants! I may add the HPS mid grow once i get a confirmation about the move. Just dont want to worry about that and spending the money if I cant use it. Oh well if I pull what i got out of my last grow i will be happy!!!

For anyone that builds a light like this you MUST have fans. These CLFs bunched up like this get very hot and is a fire hazard. The outlets and power strips will get so hot they will melt. As you can see i have added fans at each power strip to cool things down. With these fans everything is cool to the touch.

Each plant is drinking about 1.5 gallons every 4-5 days. With these added bulbs and heat and switching to flower im sure they will start drinking more!

The NLX Diamond i had germinating is not going to make it... It was a very weak seed. I was not happy the way it germinated and tried to grow. Oh well....

Also i had to trim up some lower leaves and branches.... So i went ahead and took some clones. Put them straight into rockwool with cloning powder.

:morenutes:

9141.png

Back
Top Bottom