SkooterClowns - CFL Papaya Grow

Sweet!!! Your getting a nice yield from those!!! I found your thread by search cause' I just planted my first Papaya's from Nirvana. Look like very dense nugs huh? How do they take high nutes?

Cant wait to get a smoke report!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Keep up the good work!

Sweet!!! Your getting a nice yield from those!!! I found your thread by search cause' I just planted my first Papaya's from Nirvana. Look like very dense nugs huh? How do they take high nutes?

Cant wait to get a smoke report!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks Jasonlee (Earle? Is that you? lol) but while the papaya's we started this journal for are from Nirvana sadly they didn't make it and we had to go with some stuff some buds donated.

Not to worry though, we'll be doin' up the Papaya's soon in our new & improved grow space. You'll have to give us your smoke report since yours will be done long before ours ;)

"Yep, it's me, Earl. Just got out of county. It felt like my brother was in there with me the whole time. Maybe that was just because he popped a tent and camped right outside the fence the whole time. I wonder?"

Oh well,sorry to hear about your Papaya, but They are looking good anyways!! I'll probably start a thread about the papayas soon but it'll be an odd grow journal since my goal is inbreeding to its sister to increase my seed stock of papaya, and breeding to my Cinderella 99. Either way it should be controlled enough to get some nugs at the same time.

Well the clowns decided to do some experimenting. After reading about the Crystal we are currently growing and realizing that we had no source for clones for future grows of this strain we decided to try to clone it.

Soooo 46 days into flowering (March 15th, gulp) we took 6 cuttings as shown below. These were taken from the very bottom of the plant but could not find one suitable cutting that did not have a bud on it so Slappy took the cuttings anyway!
rsz_dsc02485.jpg

With the help of a buddy they were nurtured and cared for in the hopes we can get some roots to form...He is a genius and we got roots from 1 on March 30th.

He brought it to me on April 1 for me to put into a tub. This is how it looked on 3/30:
rsz_dsc02523.jpg

And here is what it looks like as of 4/7
DSC01291.JPG

DSC012892.JPG

As you can see these cuttings have trichomes on them so we were a little skeptical about whether or not we can revert them back to veg. But now that we have roots we are in. Once we have roots we have never lost a plant so we plan on turning this into a mom so that we can continue to grow this strain.

More good news. We are told there is at least one more that has developed at least one root and there is a possibility that there is going to be another survivor of this experiment. Not too shabby seeing as they were taken from a very developed plant.

Right now the one I have (pictured above) is sitting in one of our tubs and is under a halogen desk lamp until we get our 2 new tents constructed and Slappy and I have converted our current grow box into the mother/clone box (we have a lot of plans in the works atm). Anyway...it doesn't seem to mind the type of lighting it's under at the moment so we just keep on truckin'.

Looks like the clowns and friends are gonna be lousy with Crystal in the coming months! :bong:

I love this hobby!

Oh thats cool I didn't know you can clone budding plants. Thats like reveging right? Which to be honest i dont understand at all either.. Best of luck!

Oh thats cool I didn't know you can clone budding plants. Thats like reveging right? Which to be honest i dont understand at all either.. Best of luck!

To be honest ItsChrome we didn't know it was possible either but our buddy said he had done it before with success although with plants a few weeks younger than these were. I believe it is called revegging but I have no clue about such things.

Turns out our buddy has green thumbs like us....who knew?

New Update: Day 71 of 12/12

Last Sunday we started the flush with clear, Ph balance water....the plants are really showing their age now.

The tri's are milky with a few amber, the larger fan leaves are starting to turn yellow and die off and I am trimming them off when they get bad.

We generally never trim leaves until the end of flowering as they die off...
I read somewhere that the plant needs those large leaves and they really do aid in bud development.
DSC02517.JPG

This also seems to fall into our philosophy of "Grow great strains with the highest yeild's possible with as little work as we could get away with"

Enough of that clown crap and onto todays pictures.....should be harvesting in about a week/week in a half...

DSC025131.JPG

DSC025141.JPG

DSC025161.JPG

If I said I wasn't impressed I'd be lying...love to take a few deep breaths inside that room! Way to go on cloning that cutting, from what I understand it's harder to get a clone from a plant that is well in to flower because not only does it have to revert back to a vegetative state (change hormones) but it has to do so using only the nutrients it currently has. Supposedly the problems occur when the nutes run out before the plant can fully revert state and start roots...awesome job! +reps if I can

If I said I wasn't impressed I'd be lying...love to take a few deep breaths inside that room! Way to go on cloning that cutting, from what I understand it's harder to get a clone from a plant that is well in to flower because not only does it have to revert back to a vegetative state (change hormones) but it has to do so using only the nutrients it currently has. Supposedly the problems occur when the nutes run out before the plant can fully revert state and start roots...awesome job! +reps if I can

Thanks Lil Neutrino..The real good deep breaths come when we light the stuff on fire THEN take some deep breaths :yahoo: We all know and love what that is like.

All that stuff you said about cloning older plants makes perfect sense to me and all of it is a whole lot more than I knew before. :thanks:

Those sure are some tasty nuggets you have there....looks like another great harvest!!!!:bravo:

:peace: to you clowns...:cool:, +rep to you both.

Thanks MountainHigh!
The anticipation of harvest time is killin' me. I can't wait to try these 3 different plants.
To be honest, even though Northern Lights is our "go to" strain when our stash needs a quick injection of quantity, I'm getting tired of smokin' the same thing for the last 5 or 6 months. Time for a change.

Thanks MountainHigh!
The anticipation of harvest time is killin' me. I can't wait to try these 3 different plants.

I can imagine...those are wonderful looking nugs...look firm and tasty!

Hey guys if you want my icon for the CFL, feel free, I have just been wearing it cuz it turned out pretty cool.

I will make myself something else...just tell me what I need to do or what files to who...etc. Or I can work on a more Smilie looking Emblem for CFL goodness like what you guys are doing if more appropriate!!!!

:peace: oh clowns of buddage!

I accidentally erased the one I had hand drawn the doobie into....so I will have to draw that all over if they need the big picture...

Day ??? @ 12/12

Well the girls are now old ladies.....leaves are really yellowing and buds are swollen....looks like it will be at least one more week before we cut them down though as still no amber to be seen ( through our blood shot stoned eyes)

Here are the juicy nuggets that are tempting us to chop them down right now.

Good thing we have the build of the new grow space to keep us out of the box.

DSC01292.JPG

DSC012931.JPG

DSC01294.JPG

Well, this grow looks to be coming to an end very soon...starting to see amber now and the fan leaves are really starting to die off....some of the buds are also taking on a "purplish" color and looking mighty ripe...the buds feel very heavy in hand and are very tight....can't wait for the smoke test....:roorrip:

This weekend is shaping up to be a very busy couple of day.

We are going to be building our two grow tents and getting the lighting and ventilation all set up. (pictures will be posted in our "skooter clowns with power tools" thread.)

And if that weren't enough to keep us busy, it looks like we will need to harvest also. From the looks of the grow box there will be quite alot of trimming involved but that's what the whole point of this is..Harvest!

Pics of the harvest will of course be posted here...

til then..."smoke up Jonny"

Aw man, you clowns have got me in hot water. haha. I was perusing your latest set of photos and the woman leans over and asked me why our plants don't look like that.. haha way to go, now she wont stop picking on my tiny ass plants. haha. seriously though looking awesome!

Back
Top Bottom