Paranoid Southern Newbie

I'm glad to know there are folks my age, and older, on here. A few other sites I have visited seems like a younger crowd. This forum has been the best, so far, so I guess I'll stick here in one place for my information.

I've made rounds to other sites when I first started but I'm only here now. It seems this site is the most respectful and everything doesn't turn into a flame fest. My guess is that the average age here is a bit older and that's what makes the difference.

I'm glad to know there are folks my age, and older, on here. A few other sites I have visited seems like a younger crowd. This forum has been the best, so far, so I guess I'll stick here in one place for my information.

There is far more respect for our fellow members here than in any other cannabis forum I've found.

I've made rounds to other sites when I first started but I'm only here now. It seems this site is the most respectful and everything doesn't turn into a flame fest. My guess is that the average age here is a bit older and that's what makes the difference.
So true :nerd-with-glasses:but don't say anything bad about my plants or I'll become a keyboard warrior :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was messy :rofl: they was cloth back then :thedoubletake:

Yes, I had to rinse them in the toilet. I "accidentally" let go of more than one while flushing. That worked until the septic system was plugged. My @ss still hurts remembering that.

I just got home and making some coconut oil for some brownies, while hanging the exhaust filter and fan in my tent. Now just chilling and lazy on the couch. You guys have been great. By the way, what's the average age here? I'll be 51 in Sept.
Young whippersnapper! I'm working on 73!

They have the nicest web site for sure. I am a web developer, so some of these seed sites drive me nuts.

The site I put together in '94 is still better than many of the seed sites. :laugh:

That was written for O'Reilly's Website, running on Windows '95. The main body was generated on the fly by a server side program I wrote in Visual Basic with a Microsoft Access back end. I also had one of the earliest forums running on O'Reilly's WebBoard integrated into the website. Thank whoever you will that I didn't have the traffic Microsoft had. I was paying $350 a month for a dedicated 28.8 connection. I could handle five requests with a twenty second response time at the browser. Laughable by today's standards, but quite acceptable way back then. The only website with more content at the time belonged to... you guessed it Microsoft.

The problems that plagued me back then are still around, worse than ever. Those problems are incompatible browsers. What works on one, does not work in another. Back then there was a war between Netscape and I.E. Now there are many more browsers, and you get to deal with mobile devices. Have fun! I did.

The site I put together in '94 is still better than many of the seed sites. :laugh:

That was written for O'Reilly's Website, running on Windows '95. The main body was generated on the fly by a server side program I wrote in Visual Basic with a Microsoft Access back end. I also had one of the earliest forums running on O'Reilly's WebBoard integrated into the website. Thank whoever you will that I didn't have the traffic Microsoft had. I was paying $350 a month for a dedicated 28.8 connection. I could handle five requests with a twenty second response time at the browser. Laughable by today's standards, but quite acceptable way back then. The only website with more content at the time belonged to... you guessed it Microsoft.

The problems that plagued me back then are still around, worse than ever. Those problems are incompatible browsers. What works on one, does not work in another. Back then there was a war between Netscape and I.E. Now there are many more browsers, and you get to deal with mobile devices. Have fun! I did.

Ah the 28.8 days. I remember thinking I was king shit when I upgraded from my 9600 modem. Even before that I was the man in high school with an Apple IIe with dual floppies, a wide carriage printer, and a massive 6 Meg hard drive that was the size of a toaster oven. Cost of that setup was $7500. The average smartphone today would have been a super computer back then.

I just got home and making some coconut oil for some brownies, while hanging the exhaust filter and fan in my tent. Now just chilling and lazy on the couch. You guys have been great. By the way, what's the average age here? I'll be 51 in Sept.
Still looking for a place to get seeds? Seedsman just sent me new email address to use zelle. Let me know if you want the info.

Ah the 28.8 days. I remember thinking I was king shit when I upgraded from my 9600 modem. Even before that I was the man in high school with an Apple IIe with dual floppies, a wide carriage printer, and a massive 6 Meg hard drive that was the size of a toaster oven. Cost of that setup was $7500. The average smartphone today would have been a super computer back then.

My first modem was 300 BAUD to access the bulletin boards back then. You could see each character come up on the screen as it was received. It was so much better than the 110 BAUD modems most others were using. :rofl::laughtwo::laugh::rofl::laughtwo::laugh::rofl:

My first modem was 300 BAUD to access the boards back then. You could see each character come up on the screen as it was received. It was so much better than the 110 BAUD modems most others were using. :rofl::laughtwo::laugh::rofl::laughtwo::laugh::rofl:
My first computer experience was with Fortran and punch cards. No such thing as a "Personal Computer" back then. I did work for Intel in the mid 1980's and that was my first experience with the Internet.

Was in a flame fest on another site everyone there was king and their way was the only way and rather thn help they would put you down so I told them all to FO and am banned for 10 years like I give a F***! This site is sooooo much better. I mean you do have a few of them know it allers here but they backoff rather then get confrontational. This is why I dont do social media I am a face to face kinda guy if someone pisses me off I can hit em in the mouth forget all the keyboard warrior crap. Right?

Hey @zurple im late to the party, but welcome to the site!!

I’m with Dwight on this one bro! Take it with a grain of salt. I find it very unlikely they would lace marijuana with fentanyl. It’s possible but not likely. First rule of buying marijuana on the street. Know who your buying it off of :laughtwo:

Still looking for a place to get seeds? Seedsman just sent me new email address to use zelle. Let me know if you want the info.
Oh, ok, thank you. PM it to me or use my username at gmail to reach out.

Hey @zurple im late to the party, but welcome to the site!!

I’m with Dwight on this one bro! Take it with a grain of salt. I find it very unlikely they would lace marijuana with fentanyl. It’s possible but not likely. First rule of buying marijuana on the street. Know who your buying it off of :laughtwo:

I trust my guy, but the last few times I went with someone else and wasn't thrilled with them. That and the threat of laced crap is why I have decided to do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom