Pat and Edge's Unknown/AK/Lowryder#2 Grow - 2010

Looks like balls. Might want to wait another couple days just to see what they do. I've had some that had male preflowers and miraculously later down the road had pistils. Happy 420. My latest girls are showing hairs too. Cheers!!

Thanks for the input Bud! Guess it wouldn't be that hard to give it a few more days. Glad to hear your girls are showing. Good luck!

I hope everyone is having a happy and hazy 420!

:peacetwo:

Yep them are balls....Isn't that where the single calyx below the budding stem forms?

Sorry about the male...

:peace: you two.

Ah, well 420 seemed an appropriate day for the males to meet their demise. We had posted pics of Leia, to which you all said proudly, "BALLS!" and Kate was showing the same signs. So you know what had to be done. Alas they are now gone but not forgotten. They did teach us. Thanks Leia and Kate. ;)

So now with two guys gone the girls can flourish (we hope!) Kebert is still the only verified girl in our group. Ziva is undergoing her first 12 hour dark cycle (she has taken Kate's place in the flowering cab), and hopefully she's give us a good sign soon.

It seemed like a good idea to take a group shot before the boys were...ahem...downsized. Here it tis...

Group_Shot_Nametags.jpg

and then...
And_now_.jpg

Well here's hoping that Ziva spent enough time vegging to be really established. Take care y'all! And I hope everyone had a fantastic 420!!!

Well the new LED came in today, and I'm sure Edge will be uploading some pics in the next day or so. So for an update, we have Kebert (AK47), Eve (Church), and Penny (Lemon Skunk) in the smaller/veg cab. Since the AK is an auto, we figured leaving it in there will be the best bang for the buck, as opposed to converting the top of the other cab to an 18/6 light cycle, which we'd need another timer for. Abby and Ziva are chillin out in the bottom of the flower cab on 12/12 with the round LED and 8 CFLs. We're probably gonna mount the new LED panel in the veg cab so that the AK can fully utilize that light for flowering, but havent made any solid decisions yet. More to come!

Hey hey!

So that new LED came in, we went with a panel LED with one of the more up to date technologies, so its pretty badass. It was installed into the vegging cab, to help out Kebert and the little ones. To balance it back I removed 4 CFLs out of the vegging cab
New_LED.jpg

Also got a small bottle of Superthrive, for the vegging plants as well as a bunch of various plant seedlings I'm growing for a vegetable garden (figured it'd be good experience, plus the homegrown veggies won't hurt either). I added it mere hours ago but I swear I can see a noticeable difference in the main plants as well as the seedlings.

Kebert, after several hours basking in the purple glow of the LED, seems to be flourishing. She's 9" tall, nearly a foot across and has more bud sites than we care to count. Can't wait to taste her bounty!
Kebert_New.jpg

I look forward to having more good news to share!!!

If the one on the right is the auto, I would get it in a pot that is sized at least 1¼-gallon ASAP as the pot size of an auto seems to determine the maximum plant size - and this appears to be determined pretty early in the young auto's life.

If the one on the right is the auto, I would get it in a pot that is sized at least 1¼-gallon ASAP as the pot size of an auto seems to determine the maximum plant size - and this appears to be determined pretty early in the young auto's life.

:smokin:

Thanks for the suggestion Tortured. The one on the right is in fact some Church, but I do understand your recommendation to repot it. Will be doing that any day now.

Time to chill out, enjoy some coffee and see if there is any :smokin: left.

Harvest can't come soon enough!!!

:peacetwo:

:yummy:

Kebert seems to be thriving. Even has some red hairs already.

She has gotten tall and wide PDQ. Barely a week ago she was about 5", now...well see for yourself.

Kebert_Tall.jpg

Kebert_Wide.jpg

Kebert_Close_2.jpg

Kebert_Close_1.jpg

Pat thought it would be prudent to tie down some of the outside branches to expose the lower bud sites to more light, and it seems pretty good. So a little bit of LST for Kebert.

Kebert_LST.jpg

That's pretty much it for now. All the plants seem to be doing well, Ziva is still hiding her sex but I'm hoping any day now. On a similar note tho, Abby has been in flower for two weeks and STILL is not showing sex. Extra long flowering period, or a sub par genetics...

Anyhow things look good and healthy. More news when it shows up!

Can't sleep.

No bud.

Staring at Kebert like a hungry man looking at a T bone.

Working on the scrog to keep myself busy.

Peace!

Well apparently Abby finally decided to show. Just at the peak nodes, but Abby definitely has pistils (I don't think its a hermie, but I'll keep an eye out.)

Pics will come later...

Howdy folks, long time no see. Im sittin here munchin' on some Reese's Dark Mini Cups and a glass of whole milk, and thinking to myself "Gee, I havent posted in almost a week, I should get on that." So here I am.

Well good news! Abby has sprouted some tiny little pistils on a couple of her tops! We now have 2 confirmed females in flower, and one more (Ziva) who looks like she's gonna bloom any day now. Kebert is lookin mighty fine, with at least 40 or so bud sites that are nice and hairy. Trichome development is still in the early stages on her, but some of her hairs are already turning a nice rusty orange. Pics will be uploaded in short order! Thanks for stoppin by.

Well, here are some new pics. Im kind of tired, so I only resized and uploaded the best ones.
One of Abby's 8 tops... showing pistils...
AbbyTop.jpg

Ziva showing pistils... small, but they're there.
ZivaTop1.jpg

And some pics of Kebert, with a couple of close-ups. Please forgive the bright flash, Im still working on getting my digital camera to tone it down a bit. And Kebert is the Auto AK-47, planted around March 20th
Kebert1.jpg

A close up of a bud site...
Kebert2.jpg

This is my favorite so far, first time I've ever seen these like this in person...
KebertTrichs.jpg

That last one is on a small pistil-bud (too lazy to look up the right name for it) And there are 4 or 5 of them all bunched close together around the main stem right where I cut Kebert for the FIM. It looks kinda funky, but all of the bud-pods are shootin out hairs that have turned orange...Yippee!

So here's where we stand...
Abby is about 14 inches tall, pretty sparsely vegetated, and blooming nice on her 8 tops and several sites underneath said tops. No idea what strain, so we'll have to wing it for harvesting.

Ziva is about 8 inches tall, but more than a foot wide with quite dense bushy growth. I trimmed around 10 leaves off her, most of which fell off in my hand with very minimal pressure. She's still bushy as all hell, and starting to develop her tops more as well, with numerous hairy buds starting up. She is also an unknown bagseed, so we got another one to guess with.

Kebert, the Auto AK47, is exploding like its the 4th of July! Looking down from onto the top of the plant, its almost perfectly symmertrical, which amazes meI tried counting her bud sites, but lost track around 40. Shes getting VERY hairy, and developing trichs like crazy. From what Ive read about the strain, she should be ready to harvest around mid to late May.

We'll probably grab a sample bud from Kebert around the second week of May, and start flushing at that time. Any suggestions as to indicators for the right time to harvest? I know about checking the trichs for about 60% opacity, but anyone's personal experience would help too! Kind of eager to take a sample, because that would give me my own permission to finally cut my hair....

Oh and the Church and Lemon Skunk (Eve and Penny, respectively) are still vegging, only about 4-6 inches tall. Nothing special goin on there just yet.

How's the smell (and level of same) on that Lowlife Auto-AK47?

Back
Top Bottom