Pigeons420's Re-Veg/Re-Generation of The Hog

I might try to save one of my SCROG plants and reveg it. I wonder if I could use cfls.. I'd hate to run my hid for that. Unless I was running it for something else, but I got a break planned after this grow....

If I get it going I could run it outside this summer, thing would be a beast... ;) or an interesting side project.

Keep it up Mr Pidgeons420... And nice work do far!!

Wow Pigeons. I'm completely enthralled and intrigued. In two weeks I bet we don't recognize her.

Wow Pigeons. I'm completely enthralled and intrigued. In two weeks I bet we don't recognize her.

Your definitely right Sue! She already looking so different. I'm so excited to start taking clones and training her full scale! My other journal has hit the back burner because I'm so involved with this girl right now!

Why thank you kind sir! I'm grateful for the attention

I am noticing that her leaf tips are slightly turning yellow. And it's very slight so I've added Pro-Cal to the mix of nutrients. Essentially, I'm assuming her soil is very dilutide so I'm going to add a little of everything through out her life cycle to keep her happy. I gave her a 4 week flush of 5-7 gallons of water every week at the end of her harvest. So, there can't be to many nutirents left in her soil.

This is what she drinks
image20813.jpg
image20814.jpg

Another beautiful day upon us! Things are looking great with the Hog.

LST is coming nicely. What a great thing to do. It's relaxing and fun to get down at eye level and tinker around with your plant.
image20891.jpg
image20892.jpg

Hi Gang!!!

I hope your ready for some stellar bush reveg!! I haven't posted for a little while. Only because this process has been a bit slow. However that has all changed!!! This has gotten out of control (figuratively speaking).

I will know for next time that I will not leave so many buds on the plant for the reveg. It's clear that each bud gives off its own assortment of tops. And there is no shortage of tops on this girl. I think for next time she really on needs one or two buds left on her for next time. Know that I'm only saying this because I am seeing signs of stress on her as she tries to bush out all these tops. I have been treating her stress accordingly with Green Planet Nutrients "Aussie Tonic". Works Great!!!!

But enough with the chat and on with the photos! These photos have been taken progressively over the last week or so. My how she has grown!
image21189.jpg
image21480.jpg
image21756.jpg
image21757.jpg
image21758.jpg
image21919.jpg
image21922.jpg

Shawn- thank you she certainly has woken up! I'm amazed at just the amount of tops there is. She was kind enough to provide me with 6 ounces before the reVeg so I can't wait for what she has in store for me next!

Home Grown- I switched the lights back to 18/6 on the 8th of February. So she's been in reveg for about a month and a half. She's incredible and Im thankful shes been so kind to me.

Thanks for checkin in boys!

Wild man, just wild. Glad I haven't been keeping up on this cause I'm that much more floored to see the results. How long are you to continue vegging this until you push her back into flower? Going to try to take a clone this time? :D

I was actually thinking the other day how long I should keep her going in veg. And because I'm completely new to this. I have no clear idea how long I should go. With that said, I will probably keep her in veg for another 3/4 weeks. In that time I'm going to prepare her for SCROG because of space.

As for taking a clone. I don't think so. I've really thought about it and ones I'm done with the reveg I'll be done with the HOG. she's treated me very well and is a great strain for any rookie to learn with. Now I say that but I haven't even indulged myself in her beautiful bounty from the last harvest. As it is still doing its 2 month cure. Done mid April. but maybe after I start smoking her I might change my mind. :lot-o-toke:

Wow Birdman!! She's exploded in growth. This is going to be the world's most generous plant, isn't she? Good job Pigeons. :green_heart:

I think you have chosen well and left a good amount of buds for reveg. Now you are well on the way to having a nice large flat canopy on that plant too. In the spirit of trying new things would you like to try my way to make a beast out of her?

Whichever shoot is highest "pinch bend" it down until level with the others. Every day pinch bend all the leaders down to the level of the rest. By pinch bend I mean hold the stem you want to bend with index finger and thumb of each hand as if you are abut to do a normal bend with a grip fairly close to the bend point. Then before bending exert some force pushing your hands together a little to compress the stem. This will allow even tough to bend hollow stem weed to bend without snapping. Let me know if anyone needs more detail on my technique and practice on a non critical one first.
So using this HST the plant does overall get taller but not much and it fills out evenly. The other thing to do is FIM every new shoot always from now until veg complete. If the leaves are malformed because of a previous FIM then do not FIM if the are normal at the growth tip then FIM again and d all of them. Stop fiming when go to 12/12 but keep breaking them flat until stretch is done. Then you will have a big flat panel of bud like me ;-)

I hope that helps someone. You get SCROG yield without the hassles of fixed screen during grow and at harvest.

One other thing that's probably obvious to you but might need mentioning for the inexperienced : for HST don't just limit to bending down to even the height of the canopy, you can also bend it agresivly sideways in whatever direction you need to completely fill the canopy empty spots. This and contamt FIM will fill a nice big canopy quick and get you into bloom in a hurry.

This constant breaking and fiming also makes the node spacing tighter and the knotted stems become tougher to hold up colas.

Anyone who has not seen this kind of thing check out my finished journal.

Back
Top Bottom