PitBull Closet Grow

Dipez

Hi, I figured I might as well do a grow journal on my indoor plants. Its a bit late to start but eh.

Current setup:
Yield Master 2 Reflector
400wt MH for veg HPS for flowering
400 CFM exhaust fan.

Currently growing:
2 x Pitbull clones. Its a 80/20 Indica Dom mix. Very potent stuff when grown right.

These clones are in 5gal buckets with a custom soil mix that I made. Also using floranova nutrients.

Temps/RH are at a steady 77-72degrees on an average 24 hour cycle. Gets to 85 MAX if It is really hot out. RH is 50-40%.

Ill have pics posted up tomorrow..

Alright here we go. Just a couple of shots. Going to post up another one showing some damage I have a question about too.

These pics are as of DAY 17!

1003112114.jpg

1003112114a.jpg

1003112115.jpg

1003112115a.jpg

Plants looking good. The one with issue seem to have some unbalance ph. What is the water ph and the soil ph?

Don't know as of right now but when I mixed the soil it was around 6.5. but I doubt Its PH. I went over this with somebody already.. They were saying PH problems develop over a long time period. Seeing as how Ive watered twice I seriously doubt its a PH problem.

PH test stuff is on the way though.

Did you ever let the plant dry out so it was real wilted before watering?

My plants started to do weird things after not being watered for a little over 2 weeks. It started to have dead spots on leaves and tops were droopy. I watered after they did that but now I'm going back to the once a week method.

I watered once when I planted them then once a couple days ago.

heres a pic of them when they were under watered..
Is this Heat Stress or Light burn?

What is your soil composition? In one photo it looks like sand and in another it looks light perlite......When you have a small plant in a large bucket, you are better off watering just a small amount rather than saturating the whole thing. When the bucket gets "light" its time to water again. Hopefully you can catch it before everything wilts totally.

Its sand on top to make it so you have no pest problems like fungus gnats. And I have always been told you water the soil all the way through on the first time. The soil is 100% DRY when you first mix it. I watered it all the way through and waited for it to show signs of stress.

As for the soil mix. You start with Pro-Mix and add everything yourself. There's everything in there.. Steer manure bat guano dolomite lime a shitload of per-lite, compost, myclorizide(think I'm spelling that wrong) and blood meal. I feel like that list is short though.. There might be 1 or 2 things I'm missing.

The new growth is great, I'd say the damage was done when it dried out the first time.

Got some small updates.. I should be receiving my PH test kit tomorrow.. The Soil PH tester will be here friday or monday though. I will be able to test the run off and my water+ nutrient PH when I water again on sunday.. Also going to have to hold off on the air pots till next grow.. It will be a real chore to transplant them into an actual smaller pot so I'm going to hold off.

Plants look good still. No more signs of that weird problem I was having. One plant is clawing a little bit. You can actually see it in the previous pictures but I didn't notice it until tonight.

I plan to start flowering them either on the 3rd week or 4th week. Not sure yet It really depends on how big they are. Currently seeing 20" and 16"..

So I flipped over the light to my HPS today just a few minutes ago. As soon as the lights go out I will be reconfiguring the timer to 12/12

heres a shot of them with the under the other bulb.
1006112217.jpg

Heres some stuff that came in the mail for me today. (flora nova bloom is old)
1006112219.jpg

Have yet to use the PH testing stuff. I will do so on sunday when I water.

Alright so I watered today with nutrients.. one of the plants was showing signs of stress.

I did a soil PH check before I watered and it read out at 6.8-7.0. Then I checked my water PH and it is 7.5ish. I then added nutrients to my water and the PH went to 4.5-5.0! I'm pretty worried about that. I had no clue the nutrient PH was that off.

Does anybody know what I should do about that? I plan on checking the soil PH tomorrow to see if it dropped from 7 at all. Other than doing that should I add some PH down to some water and water the plants a little more tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom