Fun In The Sun 2016 - Tiger - Ape - Pitbull - Gorilla & More - Run Wild

You guys are the BEST! :circle-of-love:

Both my wife and I had sore backs yesterday after trimming the last of AS. It was a marathon session by our measure. Now on to GG4! There is still plenty of popcorn on AS but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I made more rosin this morning while waiting for the sun to come up. I'm loving this stuff. Once you get your setup and a little technique, it is pretty quick to process and it turns out, it is great for turning LARF into fire. This is 5 grams of stuff I had planned to throw in the compost pile. The yield was only 10%, but it is plenty for me to dab for a day or two. It is smooth as silk, tastes amazing, and will 'F' you up.

5g_LARF.jpg
0_55g_Rosin.jpg

Best of luck to all you folks harvesting and trimming, and a great weekend to you all!

Major I am so stoked that you are enjoying it so much. Drop down to 210-220 sometime. Yield is good and the terpenes are better. But I see you are as hooked on this as I am. That's what happens just like you said. Once you get everything set up...you realize you need more rosin and plug in the press. 10 minutes later you start pressing and collecting. Less than 30 minutes after the desire hits you. And such wonderful mindsplitting quality. I bet your storage of kief pucks begins to decrease at an alarming rate lol.

Major I am so stoked that you are enjoying it so much. Drop down to 210-220 sometime. Yield is good and the terpenes are better. But I see you are as hooked on this as I am. That's what happens just like you said. Once you get everything set up...you realize you need more rosin and plug in the press. 10 minutes later you start pressing and collecting. Less than 30 minutes after the desire hits you. And such wonderful mindsplitting quality. I bet your storage of kief pucks begins to decrease at an alarming rate lol.

This was pressed at 225.

I made a gumball this morning using a kief puck and rosin to fortify it. WOW!
They two have different flavors and when combined are killer. Easy to handle too. That's my only gripe about the oil: sticky and messy. The gumball reminds me of the best Afghani Primo hash from back in the day - only better!

I'm leaving my press set up. I can go from bud-to-bong in about 10 minutes, with enough to last me two days. At 225, the plates take about 5 minutes to warm up. While that is happening I clean a little larf and puck it. The pressing and collection takes another 2 minutes, or so. I've even managed to reuse the parchment a few times, but now cut several pieces at once. If I stopped to puck-up a bunch, I think I could process a lot quickly.

I wish Duggs would just take the delorean 5 years in the future for the rosin machine you feed nugs or leaf into a hopper and rosin spits out the other side right into a silicon dab container.

That titanium paper clip works great for me for collecting and dispensing rosin. The tip can cut the rosin well and the rosin falls right off the tool when held over a nail. I like that when using it to collect the sappy rosin using my soda can method I can wrap the lip of the silicon container fully around the paper clip to pull off the rosin right into the container.

I wish Duggs would just take the delorean 5 years in the future for the rosin machine you feed nugs or leaf into a hopper and rosin spits out the other side right into a silicon dab container.

And ya know, it wouldn't be difficult to make one as long a you processed larger quantities.
A hopper that drops on to an in-feed belt. The belt would go to heated rollers that would do the pressing. Cut some channels to collect and direct the rosin to the silicone container(s). Hmmm.... :rofl:

I was thinking the same thing. A set of unheated rollers to pre press in two different sizes and a third and fourth heated set with scraper blades.

:thumb::high-five:
I like it!

And ya know, it wouldn't be difficult to make one as long a you processed larger quantities.
A hopper that drops on to an in-feed belt. The belt would go to heated rollers that would do the pressing. Cut some channels to collect and direct the rosin to the silicone container(s). Hmmm.... :rofl:

heated silicone rollers :)

make a plug in version that fits on top of as kitchenmaid stand mixer -designed like a pasta roller. :thumb:

I work with a guy that's an engineer that designed new press plates for his brother. He said he has them set up at an angle and there is a channel in the plate that allows the rosin to flow into a catch container so that he doesn't have to scrape it off of parchment. He said he doesn't need to use parchment paper to press with. I need to get him to get pictures of how it works.

Those things are amazing Major! I couldn't imagine having all that weed growing! I know id have goosebumps every time I looked at em tho haha!! I feel ya on the covering thing, it makes for a wonderful environment for the plants but also for the buggies! Grasshoppers were my nemesis! Id walk into the greenhouse and it looked like a miniature circus with all of them jumping and flipping about! Oh well, im sure you learned a lot from this grow and youll only do better next time....there will be a next time right? Great work bro :)

A very good morning to ya Major. After watching you with all your challenges this season , outside, with all the bugs , hornets , storms , bad neighbors and stubborn Sativas....you are my outdoor hero my friend. I'm so happy , even with all your challenges and obstacles , you still prevailed , and brought in a great crop of buds for all your people to enjoy! Me , myself,...i 'de love to try that rosin pressed stuff you like so much,...sounds deli! Anyhow , thanks for sharing all your troubles , ideas and victories with this outdoor grow my friend...much thanks sir! Have an awesome Sunday, Major and Gang!:circle-of-love::Namaste::bravo:

Those things are amazing Major! I couldn't imagine having all that weed growing! I know id have goosebumps every time I looked at em tho haha!! I feel ya on the covering thing, it makes for a wonderful environment for the plants but also for the buggies! Grasshoppers were my nemesis! Id walk into the greenhouse and it looked like a miniature circus with all of them jumping and flipping about! Oh well, im sure you learned a lot from this grow and youll only do better next time....there will be a next time right? Great work bro :)
There will definitely be a "next time". I am going to sit out my usual indoor grow. It would be well under way by now, but we are going to take a trip this winter and I don't have anyone to hold down the fort while we are gone.

anyone use a cooking silicon mat/silpats to press? stuff looks amazing!!
I have Silpats and thought about it, but I think they are too thick and soft. I doubt they'd hold up to the pressure, too. I'd try a thin silicone mat to see if it works. I wonder how thick the small ones are that are sold as part of dab kits?
I thought about cutting grooves in the bottom plate to catch the rosin, but I no longer have a mill. :(

I've used small squares of Chef'splanet Nonstick Ovenliner and a hair straightener with great results. Thin, durable very-nonstick material heat stable to 500 F

Good morning Major. Quick questions, was your soil an outdoor organic? And if so, high summer temps didn't kill its organisms?

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing ��

Mornin' Bumble!

Soil mix is: 2-1-1-1 sawdust-pumice-sandy loam-compost
Above base soil mix was amended (in no particular order) with: EWC, bone meal, guano, blood meal, feather meal, rock phosphate, Epsom salts, dolomite lime, Azomite rock dust, kelp meal, neem meal, myco, alfalfa meal, and humic and fulvic acids. It was mixed and has been cooking since mid-January.

The soil in-ground has a pretty good heat sink in the surrounding soil and the plants do a good job of providing shade. Exactly what happens in the soil is anybody's guess. The plants in softpots wilt more quickly when it is hot, but I think it is just the quicker evaporation of those porous pots, combined with the smaller amount of soil.

It has been a crazy week. I will try to get an update posted today. I'm harvesting the last of it through this weekend. I'd finish it today but I do not have room to hang it all.

Blaze on, bro!

Update (Week 37 / Bloom Week 10-ish)
The End is Here

Mother Nature decided to call this game on account of rain ... and more wind. :(
Tuesday brought heavy rain and plenty of gusty wind that snapped two more unions holding the cover's frame. The wife and I had to do an emergency "canopyectomy" from the garden. One of the broken pieces punctured the cover so the entire thing came down. The only thing holding the cover up was ZD(+) and GT(+). With all the rain, I knew the cover would collect water and crush them. We managed to get it off in about one very wet hour.

Lot's more rain on the way and it is inevitable we will get a hard frost soon. I found about 8 buds from GG4 that had small spots of mold so I let her run as long as possible and I got VERY lucky. It could have been a disaster. The buds are so fuzzy, it is nearly impossible to see the mold until you have them dissected.

These are pic's of what's left. ZD and GT will be coming down over the next couple of days. They are not "ripe" but I think hey are worth harvesting.
All-1_10-26-16.jpg
All-2_10-26-16.jpg

I'm afraid LH#1 may be a complete write-off. I haven't figured out why she is so far behind LH#2. I'll let her go and see what happens.
LH1-1_10-25-16.jpg

This is LH#2. I'll be heading down to chop her in a bit.
LH2-1_10-25-16.jpg

LH2-3_10-25-16.jpg

LH2-2_10-25-16.jpg

Some buds from AS. Top and bottom are my rough trim. The bud in the middle is my Lazy Grower's final trim.
AS_Buds-1_10-24-16.jpg

AS_Buds-2_10-24-16.jpg
AS_Buds-3_10-24-16.jpg

GG4 was chopped after AS so the only produce dry enough to take off the hanging lines is a little popcorn. This is some crazy good stuff to make kief and rosin from.
GG4_Trim-2_10-25-16.jpg
GG4_Trim-1_10-25-16.jpg

GG4_Trim-4_10-25-16.jpg

I finally got a sheet of 125u SS screen for the Shake 'N' Bake. I need to wait for this stuff to get good and dry to process for dry sift. In the mean time I'll be pressing rosin once all the chopping and trimming is behind me.

I should have a few more updates for this journal before I put it to bed. It will be interesting to see how the two big sativas are after being chopped this early.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom