Animal1x's First Indoor Grow

animal1x

Been growing outdoors in the dirt off and on since 1976. Did ok, about like any other agriculture project, some years did well, some years just ok, and some years not worth a damn. At least I managed to not get busted for it. Anyway, this is my first attempt at an indoor grow.

50/50 sativa/indica, not sure of the genetics, started with 12 clones that were given to me
Soilless medium - Premeir Pro-Mix BX w/biofungicide in 2 gal pots
600wt HPS for flower
400wt HPS for veg
70 - 80 deg F in both veg and flower room
RH is unknown at this time
Ionic Grow for veg, Ionic Bloom for flower

11 plants on day 6 of 12/12 in flower room
1 plant left in veg room 18/6 as mother

FlowerDay6pic9.JPG

FlowerDay6pic2.JPG

FlowerDay6pic10.JPG

More to come in a few days.

Re: Animal1x's First Indoor Grow...

One week into flower. The stretch is on. These were approx 16" - 18" tall when I topped them back to 14" on 10/21. Flower cycle started two days later on 10/23. 12" -13" inches of growth 9 days after being topped, 7 days into flower cycle.

Stretch1.JPG

Stretch2.JPG

Taylormade, thanks. I'm hoping everything continues to go good. I have already found that you can't be afraid to feed 'em, and they can't eat when they are underwater!!LOL

Gator, not sure what the RH is, don't have a hygrometer yet, but yes, it's in the basement. In fact, it's in the basement under the front porch in what I would call a root cellar. Concrete block walls and even concrete overhead. Only one way in and out, through the door, so I am going to have to get pretty creative in figuring out a plan for a permanent ventilation solution. Right now I am just going down and opening the door and turning on a box fan during the lights on cycle and then closing everything up tight at lights out, but I'm eventually going to have to come up with something different. I may be able to vent over the top of the door and up and out through an old unused chimney. If I can make that work I don't think I'll even need to worry about odor control, just vent everything up and out, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men!!

Thanks for looking guys. Come on back and check on us once in a while, I can use all the help and advice I can get.

Day 8 of flower and I do believe the ladies are starting to show their stuff and flaunt their wares!! At least I think these little white hairs are tiny little pistils and pre flowers.

PreFlower13.JPG

PreFlower23.JPG

PreFlower3a.JPG

Been real busy for the last couple of days, not much time to post up. Nothing much going on anyway. Just watered and fed today. Few pics below, day 12 of flower:

FlowerDay12a.JPG

FlowerDay12d.JPG

Above the canopy:

FlowerDay12x.JPG

a quick peek underneath:

UnderCanopyDay12.JPG

"They are looking good!"

Thanks InsuranceGuy. They are doing pretty well so far.(knock on wood).

"very nice!!! definitely sub'd"

MattyTrips, glad to have ya, come on along for the ride. Nuthin' much happenin' at the moment, but glad to have you along.

"Love the shots of the pistils. You def have some girls. Thats gonna be one hell of a jungle down there."

Gator, I did do a little thinnin' of the underbrush before I took the last series of pics, lots of little bitty wimpy buds trying to form under the canopy. Lots of shade leaves under there that would never do any good either except just suck the nutes up and take away from the top buds, so in the words of the Red Queen, "Off with their heads". Lot of energy used up by the plants trying to grow and taking care of all that rank growth. A lot of that growth energy could have been going to the canopy up top. I'll know to be a little more agressive in my trimming underneath next time. Oh well, live and learn.

Well, we're about 2 weeks into flower and things are just about where they are supposed to be. Did not get my camera before lights out tonight so no 2 week pics today. Nothing really going spectacularly great and nothing dying or no dismal failures going on either. Checking on them couple of times a day and its about like watching...

...wait for it...:bong:...

...about like watching...

GRASS grow...:passitleft:

I'll have a few new pics up in the next couple of days of around the two week mark in flower, but like I said, nothing real spectacular and nothing dying or failing dismally.

Two week update pics. Just grabbed the camera and shot a few pics, did not set the color for this damn sodium light so these few have that yellowish almost sepia look to it.

Anyway, flower day 15:

FlowerDay15a.JPG

FlowerDay15d.JPG

FlowerDay15c.JPG

FlowerDay15e.JPG

Looks Awesome. I get my clones today and hope mine will look as nice as yours.

Peace

Thank-you IG, that's more of a compliment than you realize. These clones were rather abused when I got them. Light starved, leggy, needed transplanting and a first feeding. But they've come out of it alright and are doing good now.

Man that jungle is so thick you could hide a deer in there!! Lol. Should be a good xmas!

Don't be panning on my super fancy hanging whitetail thermometer! LOL Just trying to get ready for the deer season opener here in another week or so!! These are the plants my caregiver was growing(he got into some trouble and shut down his grow) and can go anywhere from 8 to 10 wks, so yeah, it should be either a good Christmas or a very Happy New Year!!

Woow nice work bro good to see more growers getting on the indoor wagon!

Ill be watching

:peace:

Glad to have you GodSpeed! The more the merrier. I'm gonna miss the outdoor guerilla grows, but I moved indoors so I could stay legal.(not to mention the 365 days I can grow indoors as opposed to only spring/summer outdoor growing season) This is a whole new experience for me, but so far it has been a lot of fun.

More to come in a few days.

Thank-you IG, that's more of a compliment than you realize. These clones were rather abused when I got them. Light starved, leggy, needed transplanting and a first feeding. But they've come out of it alright and are doing good now.

Ya the ones I got yesterday are pretty abused too. I found 2 spider mites on 1 of them. I only got 3 and expected 4, and they just looked kinda sad.

I am on my way to get some Neem Oil and Take Down spray to deal with the creepy crawlys along with PH and PPM meters.

I also gave the young ones their first dose of nutes and they already look a bit better. Got all the timers set upand all is starting to come together, as long as I kill the bugs!

Ya gave me hope since yours looked beat and not they look sweet!!!:welldone:

...Ya the ones I got yesterday are pretty abused too. I found 2 spider mites on 1 of them. I only got 3 and expected 4, and they just looked kinda sad...

...I am on my way to get some Neem Oil and Take Down spray to deal with the creepy crawlys...

The ones I got looked kind of sad and neglected too.LOL, but they perked up with a little TLC, some nutes, and light.

As far as the spidermites go, this stuff is expensive(30 bucks a quart ready to spray on, or 90 bucks a pint for a concentrate), but a friend of mine swears by it over the NEEM oil and will go way out of his way to make sure he has it on his shelf. It is made from all food grade ingredients and will knock spider mites down dead. If getting the concentrate be sure and follow the directions:

SNS 217 MITE SPRAY

I have been very lucky so far and I haven't had a mite problem yet but like I said, my friend swears by it and will not hardly do a grow without it on his shelf.

The company Sierra Natural Science is a 420 sponsor, too!!

I gotta put this disclaimer in here as far as any advice I might have. Be sure and do a little research and take what I say with a grain of salt as this is my first inside grow. Everything I have done inside is either adapted from outside grows(where everything is different and nothing much I have done outdoors works inside) or been taught to me by a very experienced "mentor" that took me under wing.

Good luck with your clones and I really hope you get rid of them mites.

Needing a little help. My mother is sick. She is a sister to the plants that are on the other side of the room in flower and they are doing well. I think this may be a nitrogen deficiency, but not sure. Was planning to take clones from her in another 3 weeks or so.

Guess you could call this a hempy grow using soilless mix(Premier Pro-Mix w/BioFungicide), Ionic nutes, RO water PH adjusted to 6.1 - 6.5

IMGP6111a.JPG

Sister plant to the ones in flower, she has twisted leaves. That just started happening this week.(Guess you could call her a Twisted Sister:rofl:)

IMGP6117a.JPG

IMGP6118a.JPG

Droopy leaves with some serious discoloration setting in now. Just fed all the plants today, mother included, nutes went in at 928 ppm, or just a hair over 1.3 EC. RO water with PH adjusted to 6.1.

Checked her runoff(I usually go to a quite heavy runoff) and it was a little higher than what I went in at the last feeding, 1008 ppm, but her PH was good at 6.1. Maybe I should flush her out?

3 weeks in flower. Update and pics.

First update. Mother plant is doing much better. I didn't take any pics of her today, but she looks like a new plant. No more droopy leaves, she's standing up nice and tall reaching for the light. Still has a little bit of off color but she has pretty well recovered. I was going to cut her one more time to make sure I got 12 real nice clones from her, but after this last bout I don't think I want to stress her anymore than she has already been. All she has to do is hang in there and stay relatively healthy for another two weeks or so and I will pull my clones from her and call it good.

Next, her sisters on the other side in the flower room are doing very well. Flowering is well along now and they are even showing a little frost on the nugs. Pics below.

IMGP6126a.JPG

IMGP6130a.JPG

IMGP6129a.JPG

IMGP6134a.JPG

Back
Top Bottom