PotChimp's Side Projects

I know I don't post much these days, but I'll try to get some pics up later.
My freebie grow is done, dried, and smoked. I kept the Critical Kali Mist because of the yield, but the pot wasn't killer. The Critical Kush and the Pineapple Skunk were mediocre. One of the Diesels had some hair on its a$$, but the other one was just okay.
All of my JTR crosses are chopped and mostly dried. Even though I left a lot on the plants, the two frosty JTRs that I wanted to reveg are doing badly. Which is a drag, because everything I smoked from all of them so far is really decent pot. I've got a buttload of those seeds. :)
That's not where I keep 'em, though.....
Most of the Chem '91 Skunk VA plants I grew are chopped, too. I'm being greedy with two of them because they're still putting out white hairs. I'd definitely do that strain again (the reg seeds, anyway). Both plants I've smoked off of so far are a little better than average pots. And a stoned chimp is a happy chimp. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I just transplanted my last grow to #1 pots, so they should start growing better now. I've got seven Apollo 13 f3s and eight Nevil's Haze x Apollo 13 f2 plants going (all reg), and hoping for nine females. I liked the NH x Apollo 13 f2 crosses better the last time.
I'm trying to make room for my next start now:

BROTHERS GRIMM SEEDS > SPACE QUEEN XX (VIC HIGH’S ROMULAN X CINDERELLA 99 PINEAPPLE FEMALE POLLEN DONOR)

Back in the late 1990’s, Mr Soul and dear, departed Vic High (RIP) of BCGA in Canada collaborated by crossing Vic’s Romulan female to our Cinderella 99 male to create the original Space Queen.

Space Queen was then used to great success by dear, departed “Weed Nerd” Subcool in his breeding as well. We’ve decided it was time to release a femme version of this legendary hybrid.

To bring Space Queen XX to market, we selected an old-school C99 “Pineapple pheno” female from the original C99 seeds released back in 1999 to be the pollen donor to Vic High’s original Romulan clone. All the best Romulan qualities have come together with the sugar and spice of Cinderella 99 in this all-female version. They’re vigorous, super resinous plants, with large, tight colas and a high flower to leaf ratio. A decidedly Romulan structure, yet the smoke is much more energetic in its effects.

And Mosca Seeds Indiana Bubblegum (backcross or S1; I'm not sure yet).

:lot-o-toke:

Thanks man :thumb:
I think I'm going with the S1 seeds on this Indiana Bubblegum grow. I liked the results when I S1ed my Ghost Train Haze #1 plant, so I think I'll do five seeds of both, along with those Space Queen seeds. Man, that's supposed to be straight from the real Romulan so I should get at least one good phenotype.
I gotta pack my bloom tents soon, so I can clear enough room in the veg tents to get started. :D

Note to myself - I started germinating all fifteen of the seeds mentioned in the last post this morning. And I went with the Indiana Bubblegum S1s; I thought I bought both, but I can't find the BX seeds. I did find a few more Blue Satellite 2.2 seeds I didn't know I had, so I'll probably be doing those next, along with something else.
They all seem to chop at about 60-65 days, so I should be good there. :thumb:

All five are up. And all six of the Indiana Bubblegum seeds seem to be duds. :(
Only one of my GTH#1 S1 seeds are above the soil, but I have more of those (and I didn't pay anything for them). Worst start to a grow I've had in a decade.

I've grown a few of his, too. Jack the Ripper three separate times. I've got both Pandora's Box and Scarlet Queen seeds I could start, but I was thinking of doing those Blue Satellite 2.2 seeds and maybe a few freebies if these Indiana Bubblegum S1 seeds all don't open.
Bummer; just bought them recently, too. :(

I've got to get a few clones from these three '91 Chem plants (left side and center), clean them up, and put them into bloom (those are Mendocino Purple Kush plants on the right side):

I've got to reveg both of these '91 Chem plants because I didn't take clones before I put them into bloom:

Nevil's Haze:

Killer A5 Haze:

Damn, none of those Indiana Bubblegum seeds came up. And only one of the GTH#1 S1 seeds did (it's a weak seedling, too). I started one Verdant Green Bubba Kush S1 seed, one Spice of Life Blue Satellite 2.2 reg seed (thought I had two but didn't), and three Greenhouse Seeds Ladyburn 1974 fem seeds (some of the oldest freebies I have).
I'll start four more GTH#1 S1 seeds later when I get a chance. I'll try to get a few pics up later, but my daytime bloom tent is pretty overgrown. :)

Yeah, after 10+ years, I still sometimes forget that I have to take care of them every single day for months on end, not most days.

Oops. :straightface:

Annoying.

This March will be 13 years of growing for me.
I've had this happen to seeds a few times, and I have no idea why they pop open, just put the tip of their tap root out, and stop like that. I plant them anyway, but they die.
This time I'm going back to my tried and true paper towel method. They both work good, but I'm more comfortable with the old method.
The old yuppies of Danger Island (also known as the Ken and Karen White Committee) just can't take a loss at the polls. The gubmint is moving to give any community the right to disallow dispensaries and (possibly) growing at home. You know if this happens, companies still drug test, and landlords have any say so in the matter, what was really gained? It's going to be eight or nine months before weed is even available here. Intentionally holding up the licenses. :(

But the youngsters will be able to get their THC sugar pops and candies. :thumb:

One after another, the ignorant just copy the same stupid stuff that the other ignorants do. And all the while, they claim that they hate the crassness and naked greed of capitalism. I haven't been to a commercial licensed dispensary, but from what I see in the media, they're disgusting. The samples of flower I've gotten have been thoroughly meh. I don't know what they do to that stuff, but it leaves me cold.

I'd sign up for a monthly supply from a righteous co-op grower in a second, but oh no, that'd be impossible to regulate. So they license corporations to produce cannabis in factories, to be distributed to commercial businesses for profit, to be sold like candy. Blind stupid ignorance. And no one notices what happened to the other States that took that route.

It's as if they wanted to legislate so poorly that the entire idea turns into a disaster. "See? We told you it would be awful if we legalized it!"

All the while, no one seems to object to the idea that anyone can make beer and hand it out. Yeah, alcohol doesn't make you stupid and violent - no problem with that other than all the domestic violence calls. That mary jane stuff is dangerous!.

<end rant>

I've never heard anything good about dispensaries, either. :D I smoked weed from one in Michigan once, and I wasn't impressed at all. Sour Diesel and Blue Magoo. Both were dry with little smell.
Punishment not being as harsh (maybe?) is the only positive thing I see about legalization here. I've been thinking a lot about it after the vote happened, and I can't come up with any other reason to feel personal benefit. I can't even remember the last time I smoked pot with someone else, so nobody even knows I do except Chimpwoman. If clones are sold, they probably can't guarantee that the clone is the original (fill in the name of your favorite legend strain), so I won't be buying any of those. I've already mentioned that seeds are being sold here, but every damned strain is named after pastry shop, ice cream shop, or candy store goodies, which I don't like. And the breeders are too new and unknown. If hash oil were sold cheaply enough, I might buy some of that. But it won't be cheap.

Back
Top Bottom