ProfessorFlora's Wilma LED Auto Photoperiod Showcase: First Journal

How are LSD's colours coming on? :)
They're coming along ok so far. They're still pushing vertically & not fattening up yet so the white pistils are sort of hiding the color of the bud most of the way. So it kind of looks like a brunette that died her hair blonde a while back and has roots showing, lol.

I just put some new Willow shots up, care to stop by?

lol it's a bit of a shame but it's not so bad. I wish you could smell the Island Punch :)
BOY I'M SURE IT SMELLS GROOVY... I WAS GOING TO TAKE MY PLANT THROUGH SURGERY IN 2 WEEKS I WAS ADJUSTING MY PLANT STAND AND ONE OF MY METAL SHELVES FELL RIGHT ON THE TOP OF MY PLANT AND CUT THE TOP OFF SO WE HAD TO PERFORM EMERGENCY SURGERY AND WE GOING TO SEE HOW IT GOES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR THIS PLANT HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK NOW I HOPE IT'S A FEMALE PLANT ANYWAY HAPPY GROW I'LL BE POSTING PICTURES REAL SOON...

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_193459557.jpg
    IMG_20181017_193459557.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 39
Hate to hear about the slime Prof! Sounds like you caught it early and that it could’ve been a fast spreader. Good job. What if you dropped the humidity 5-10% during the last few weeks when you got some dense girls? Might help reduce the chances of mound or PM in that important time. Just a thought. Anyway...glad your harvest is gonna be a good one brotha!

Hate to hear about the slime Prof! Sounds like you caught it early and that it could’ve been a fast spreader. Good job. What if you dropped the humidity 5-10% during the last few weeks when you got some dense girls? Might help reduce the chances of mound or PM in that important time. Just a thought. Anyway...glad your harvest is gonna be a good one brotha!
Thanks magoo! It's a bit of a shame but it was certainly not a poor effort. Even at this stage they are some dank buds! I just checked the ladies and I'm itching now. In the last 24 hours they (some) have faded considerably and I'm not sure I want to see what happens in another 24. I thought I'd have a peek at the trichs again and I was shocked! The Black Kush has a massive amount of amber, probably 50%+ and so does the Island Punch. SFV has all cloudy with no clear that I could see and a few amber. I may chop tonight instead. I'm gonna have a sit down and think things through. I quite impressed though with how fast BK and IP finished up though, I rarely see 8 week strains. I don't have the BK mother anymore but I may keep the IP. She's a beast. I wonder what she'd be capable of under bigger lights with a longer veg period. Truly spectacular I expect. Well, see ya soon my friend :)

BOY I'M SURE IT SMELLS GROOVY... I WAS GOING TO TAKE MY PLANT THROUGH SURGERY IN 2 WEEKS I WAS ADJUSTING MY PLANT STAND AND ONE OF MY METAL SHELVES FELL RIGHT ON THE TOP OF MY PLANT AND CUT THE TOP OFF SO WE HAD TO PERFORM EMERGENCY SURGERY AND WE GOING TO SEE HOW IT GOES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS FOR THIS PLANT HAS BEEN THROUGH HELL AND BACK NOW I HOPE IT'S A FEMALE PLANT ANYWAY HAPPY GROW I'LL BE POSTING PICTURES REAL SOON...
It smells as groovy as groovy can be lol. Ouch, looks painful but have no fear, your cat couldn't destroy them and neither will this. A good opportunity to watch how resilient a veg plant truely is. I hope it's a female to. I'll be stoping by shortly to see what's happening in your world my friend. Happy growing :)

Flowering Tent Day 60 Harvest Day
Well I've decided that the risk is too great to leave them for another day so I'm pulling the plug. It might sound bad but they are ready to be fair. I was hoping to get another week in and chop next weekend with the exception of Island Punch which I was going to chop on Saturday. The res is as 600ppm so I don't know if I did the no flush method right or not but I'm ok with that. I trust @Mr. Magoo and @InTheShed opinions on this so we shall just have to see. Well I'll put some final photos of the strains to show how each one has done both individually and as a clone because I did 2 of each. Well my evening has just become much busier lol. See you all soon with some photos and harvest updates :)
ORG_DSC05488.JPG
ORG_DSC05489.JPG
ORG_DSC05490.JPG
ORG_DSC05491.JPG
ORG_DSC05492.JPG
ORG_DSC05493.JPG

Lol, yep I love couchlock, main reason I grow if for sleep medication. Definitely on the buds. 611ppm really but I rounded down. Well that's good news and if the smell is anything to go by then they'll taste great. Thanks Shed :)

Fruit Tree
This one was a bit funny right from the start. She was yellow for much of her life and threw out pollen sacks early on but I took a risk and kept her. She turned out to be the biggest and will probably have the largest yield. She was like the ugly duckling, she is beautiful now. She could have done with another week but it'll have to do. Both clones are very similar :)
ORG_DSC05495.JPG
ORG_DSC05496.JPG

Boss Hogg
Was a really good plant but suffered from some bud rot right at the end which is a shame because almost everything about her was desiresble. Like the FT this one could have also done with an extra week. She comes second in size and possibly yield as well. Real chemmy smell and is sticky as hell :)
ORG_DSC05498.JPG
ORG_DSC05499.JPG

It might need a different nute profile than you're using for your other plants.
I think you're right. It seemed like it was a heavy feeder but the majority won. One of the downsides of having a shared res

San Fernando Vally OG Kush
This one also grew a little strange. Certainly not as advertised. I think that she may have been a mutant or a weird pheno. For a start she was really short and had (at the beginning) gigantic leaves. Then she grew loads of little leaves and didn't really grow much bud. She did however shine, like really shine. Her trichs are crazy and her smell is the best of the lot. I think if I grew 10 of these then the coverage would be consistent and I'd get a better end result but they were short and lost too low down. I think that this effected the yield. Again both clones were very similar. She won't give me much but it will be fire :)
ORG_DSC05501.JPG
ORG_DSC05502.JPG

Black Kush
Lol, now for the 2 inconsistent clone attempts. The BK is beautiful. She has colour but not very large buds. This is another one which will be delicious but won't give me much. She smells like grapy starburst but with a sour like vinegar tang, can't wait to try this one. One clone did ok but the other one didn't root as fast and became a bit shocked after transplanting so she got left behind :)
ORG_DSC05504.JPG
ORG_DSC05505.JPG
ORG_DSC05506.JPG

Hi Prof, well I'm sorry to hear about the bud rot. Like you said it was amazing how fast it occurred. It looks like you have done the right thing and something that I will watch closely on my grows. I'd say your payoff will be good enough even with the missing buds you had to toss. Good luck with the harvest bro!

Island Punch
This one is probably my favourite out of the bunch. She is solid and covered in so many crystals it looks like fur. This is the one that I was most worried about losing to mold because she is really ripe and a prime candidate for an attack. This one reeks of Gorilla Glue but with a fruity chem smell that lingers. She is rock hard and with plenty of amber trichs she was done. Same as before the clones were a smidge different...well ok, one was great and the other was pretty small but both beautiful :)
ORG_DSC05507.JPG
ORG_DSC05508.JPG
ORG_DSC05509.JPG

Hi Prof, well I'm sorry to hear about the bud rot. Like you said it was amazing how fast it occurred. It looks like you have done the right thing and something that I will watch closely on my grows. I'd say your payoff will be good enough even with the missing buds you had to toss. Good luck with the harvest bro!
Thanks Sauga. Rot is one of those things that can just come out of nowhere. It's strange because the environment is all good. This run is a test to see what my new cobs were capable of and it really doesn't look bad for 200w. On the next run (which will be really soon now) I'm going all out and am going to fill the tent to its maximum capacity. This time I'm doing 10 strains though. Should be....educational :)

Back
Top Bottom