Self Growth Journal #1

I've done 7 weeks so far so it'll be a total of 12-14 weeks, if they bud up nicely maybe longer if the LEDs aren't good enough.

Day 53:

Hello everyone, hope you enjoyed your weeeknd's.

Did the usual Monday routine of changing the nutes so all clean and fresh Canna Aqua Flores, Rhizotonic and now they're in flower Atami Bloombastic, here's some pictures.
PICT19551.JPG
PICT19541.JPG
PICT1953.JPG
PICT1950.JPG
PICT1951.JPG
PICT1952.JPG
PICT1949.JPG
PICT1948.JPG
PICT1947.JPG
IMAG01395.jpg
IMAG01386.jpg
IMAG01375.jpg
IMAG01352.jpg
IMAG01343.jpg
IMAG01333.jpg
IMAG01258.jpg
IMAG01236.jpg

Hey HR, yep I'm pretty happy with my first attempt even if it has taken slightly longer than it had to.

Yes I put to flower when tallest was 25cms, it is now 70-73cms the others aren't far behind just a centimetere or two so they'll nigh on tripled in hieght in last three weeks of flowering 12/12 cycle.

The buds are progressing nicely each day I can see a difference in those already formed and can see lots more just starting, they seem to have really long pistils but not having that much experience I'm not absolutely certain, they're a at least 1.5cms long.

The next few weeks can't go quick enough for me, as I've also just got an email from Green House Seed Company whose White Widow seeds I have, they've accepted me as one of their offical seed testers, so I get free seeds how cool is that I think I'll be testing some of their new Auto varieties.

Don't know if you've checked their site and forums ------------------ great film on there too, it's of them out hunting down new strains in India, Africa, soooo jealous.

All the best,
Toaor

Day 55:

Well all is going good but I've now raised the light as much as I can without making a hole through the cupboard roof so if they keep getting any taller I'll have to bend them over.

Here's today's pics.
PICT1977.JPG
PICT1975.JPG
PICT1972.JPG
PICT1974.JPG
PICT1970.JPG
PICT1969.JPG
PICT1968.JPG
PICT1973.JPG
PICT1976.JPG

Day 59:

Today is nutes change day so everything has had a good clean in Oxy water, which I run through the pump as well, then rinse and run clean tap water through pump.

I decided to do just 10 liter reservoir rather than the usual 12 or 15, as they really don't drink a lot as it's only three plants.

They are at the absolute limit of height now and I've had to tie them to the sides of cupboard so as they aren't touching the light itself but it means the tops of two plants are not directly under the light.

I did try bending them over but because they're in netpots as soon as you pull in any direction the pot moves to an angle so it's hard to bend them at all.

I took some more pictures but not resized them yet so might post others later.

Have a great week one and all.
Toaor
DSCF9443.JPG
DSCF9440.JPG
DSCF9438.JPG
DSCF9437.JPG
DSCF94351.JPG
DSCF94341.JPG
DSCF9433.JPG
DSCF9432.JPG

lol, yes !

I think I may just angle the pots, which will tilt the whole plant over so will lower it and should expose more light to the lower realms.

I'm happy with them though, I'd rather have them out of control than little straggly things.

The roots are very brown but it doesn't seem to be harming them in anyway, they may do better under slightly different conditions but I don't know what those conditions are.

Did you contact Strain Hunters?

All the best,
Toaor

I did contact them. I told them that I could squeeze 2-3 of their plants into my regular grow but they said they want people who will test 5-10 plants at a time. I'll contact them again when I build my new grow room this summer.

Strange, it's on my journal that I grow 3 or 4 yet they accepted me, haven't got any seeds yet though.

Toaor

Day 61:

Decided yesterday that rather than bending the plants I'd tilt them and then later in dawned on me to change the light to an angle as well, making them bending natural towards it without me needing anymore height.

I also managed to pick up another 120W LED panel off Ebay for the bargain price of $85/£55/€66

I still have to drive a good few miles to go pick it up as they don't want to post it for some reason, they actually have six of them to sell so I guess they've tried a grow and now either changed lights or can't be bothered to do anymore.

I might buy all of them and sell them on Ebay myself because they're selling new for $300/£190/€230 so could make a few bucks.

Anyway, here's today's pics showing the new light angle and a few buds in progress.

Best wishes one and all,
Toaor

PICT1989.JPG
PICT1987.JPG
PICT1986.JPG
PICT1983.JPG
PICT1980.JPG

Back
Top Bottom