DesertPlant's Hydro White Widow LED Grow Journal - 2014

DesertPlants

Hello.

This is my first time making a grow journal since this is my first time growing. I don't even smoke marijuana, but the art that goes in to growing it fascinates me, so... I wanted to try it out.

Here are the basics:
  • Strain: White Widow x3
  • Genes: 30% Sativa, 70% Indica
  • Grow Method: DWC Hydro
  • Light: Apollo Horticulture COB 384W LED
  • Cooling: Air cooled/mixed with a floor blower fan
  • Room Temp: 74 F
  • Water Temp: 70 F
  • PH: 5.8
  • Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series full line of nutrients (FloraGro, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, Floralicious, KoolBloom, FloraBlend, RapidStart, FloraKleen).

I change out the water and nutrients once per week, lightly spray the leaves once a day with clean water, and check the PH once a day. All three plants are White Widow feminized (NON-Autoflower). The big one (known as Tammy (as per an inside joke with my wife) is two weeks old. The other two I just sprouted five days ago and were transplanted from a propagation dome to the hydro bucket on Tuesday.

Forgive the bad pictures, but the LED is on right now and I don't want to mess with the cycle just to get better pictures. Next time I will take them during the off cycle so I get better colors.

P10001924.JPG

P10001902.JPG

P10001933.JPG

P10001941.JPG

P10001961.JPG

P10001951.JPG

If you have any pointers or questions, let me know.

PS: The white cups you see off to the left are peppers. I am growing Red Savina, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Devil's Tongue, Naga Bhute Jolokia, and.... Carolina Reapers.

Your grow looks very nice. The only pointer I would have is not to grow two in same pot. If you do plane to take one out do it before roots get locked together witch is the main reason doing two in same pot not a good idea. Some times it can be the same strains but one will need extra or less nutes then other and you will have a big problem on your hands then. Other then that I wish you the best and keep it growing green..

Your light is helping it stay short and bushy. Is you raised you light about 10-18 inch's it might start stretching some. Also by you using a blue spectrum light like that will also keep it very short during veg.

August 7th Update:

As I said yesterday, I took a clone off Tammy. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I also topped her.

I also planted two more Carolina Reaper pepper plants. Hopefully these survive this time.

P10002394.JPG

P10002403.JPG

P10002424.JPG

Could this be related to me altering the PH of the solution when I changed it yesterday?

It had naturally been about 6-6.5 up until yesterday when I adjusted it down to 5.6.

Well, I snipped off the two jacked up leaves and no more have started showing the same signs... so I assume everything is okay for now. Sending her in to flowering on Tuesday.

P10002522.JPG

P10002533.JPG

Back
Top Bottom