Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Quix, good to see ya back buddy. The grow looks to be off to a kick ass start. :goodjob:

Awesome! HMG is't really good to see you Brother!:high-five:
Thank you so much for the kind words and for stopping by, I'll be sure to get over your way soon, and I truly hope all is well in your world!:Namaste:

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Good to see you around again Quix. It's always nice to get home from work and grow some meds.

MAN! OG13, it's an honor to have you here as well! (Anyone who doesn't know, and is interested-OG13 here is a freakin genius who's work in AUTOMATED grow room controls is unsurpassed as far as I can tell, in the entire community. Please check out the link in his sig for info on BUILDING your own room controls for MUCH cheaper than you can buy them. Very informative)

Anyway, sorry to toot your horn for you, but recognition is due.
Great to see you, and I truly hope all is well in your world Brother:Namaste:

A page late but not missed too much.
I'll ride along if its alright.

Please WB, have a seat and enjoy.:welcome: There's not much to see, yet, and therefore not much to have missed. Feel free to stop by anytime! It's quite alright.:Namaste:

I'm currently running some temperature tests in the grow room, playing with different configurations involving the new Xtrasun hood, some 6" ducting and the 6" inline fan. So far, I'm not liking any of the options I have, as the fan is way loud. My grow is still in my bedroom closet. In order to reduce the noise, I'm going to look into a speed control for the fan, and possibly a silencer can. The other issue I face, is odor control. I'd have liked to just vent to the attic, but I'm in a duplex and share an attic; I don't wan't to offend the neigbors. Being in Colorado, I'm legal with my numbers, but being kind to your neigbors is still important to me. Truthfully, I don't know what the extent of odor will be without an air scrubber, but in the summer months one has to assume it will be at least a little strong.
Which brings me to my next issue, space. Its a little difficult to cram a medium sized hood, a 6" filter, silencer, ducting and plants into a ~4x4 space. Hanging and mounting everything is also difficult without finding joists and drilling into the cieling.
All in all, I like the equipment I bought, but it may have to wait until I have a larger space. My space is roughly 128 CF, and my 400 CFM fan will happily exchange that space at 50% power, so the speed control is something I'll likely acquire soon to test the sound and vibration, before I go cutting and drilling.
Hope all is well in everyone's world.:Namaste:

Hi Quix I strapped myself to this chair and am going to enjoy the ride. I will be starting a grow soon with a few auto's as well, so I'm very interested. Don't know if you saw it but Agen36 posted a good link all about auto's ...there is some real good points in there. You can check it out on page 100 of "The over Fifty Club" :thumb:

Glad to see you got another grow up and going. Ill be peeking in every now and then to ogle at your girls, iffin ya don't mind.
Hey congratulations on the addition to your family. As long a 10 fingers/10 toes and all good. And You know you can always find time to water a plant. Auto's have come along ways that's for sure. LOL I tried Lowrider#1 once. That was funny. Acouple half assed bud's on a stick of medium quailty weed. I just started a Jack Herer myself day like 3. I see you got tape all around all your pots also. I have some starter pots that have like 6 layers of masking tape glued to them. Kind of takes for the look huh and them after we f up our pots we get labels. We'll glad to see you are off to the rodeo again GL and Keepem Green

Hi Quixilvir, Hope you dont mind if I tag along for this one. Im currently trying out my first auto, shes a Big Budhha seeds Cheese auto stuffed into a room with 28 large plants. Im giving her a try because I plan on running 100 auto's outdoors this year so I figured I better find out what they are all about. You mentioned your concerns about odor, I run a 6 inch fan/filter scrubber in my sealed flower room, 14 large plants last round and Zero smell outside the room what so ever and not much in the room right up to the end. If I turned the scrubber off for 5 min the smell was almost too much so I dont think odor will be an issue for you:)

Hi Quix I strapped myself to this chair and am going to enjoy the ride. I will be starting a grow soon with a few auto's as well, so I'm very interested. Don't know if you saw it but Agen36 posted a good link all about auto's ...there is some real good points in there. You can check it out on page 100 of "The over Fifty Club" :thumb:

Hi Clayhead! :welcome:
I've seen you around OMM's place a bunch, but never had the pleasure of making oyur acquaintance. Nice to meet ya and thanks for the heads up on Agen's post, I'll definitely check it out. I actually found the Over 50 Club a while back, and did some browsing...But then I started to feel like I was tresspassing because I'm only in my mid to late 30's :rofl:.
Anyway, thanks for stopping in and I hope you find something of value here! See ya 'round:Namaste:

Glad to see you got another grow up and going. Ill be peeking in every now and then to ogle at your girls, iffin ya don't mind.
Hey congratulations on the addition to your family. As long a 10 fingers/10 toes and all good. And You know you can always find time to water a plant. Auto's have come along ways that's for sure. LOL I tried Lowrider#1 once. That was funny. Acouple half assed bud's on a stick of medium quailty weed. I just started a Jack Herer myself day like 3. I see you got tape all around all your pots also. I have some starter pots that have like 6 layers of masking tape glued to them. Kind of takes for the look huh and them after we f up our pots we get labels. We'll glad to see you are off to the rodeo again GL and Keepem Green

Hey thanks for the kind word Wood, you're the only one who caught that in my first post, that I'm having a baby...So far, she has all 10 of each and a strong heart.
Yeah I'm not the most stoked about autos, but am curious at the least.
Haha yeah, I go tired of trying to peel off the tape on most pots and have a few layers on each side by now too. And then, I finally decided to quit being a cheap ass and bought the 3 dollar boxes of the kind ya just stick in the dirt lol.
Thanks a lot for dropping in, Wood, its always goood to see you. You got some SERIOUSLY nice cannabis over in your neck of the "woods":high-five:
See ya around friend:Namaste:

Hi Quixilvir, Hope you dont mind if I tag along for this one. Im currently trying out my first auto, shes a Big Budhha seeds Cheese auto stuffed into a room with 28 large plants. Im giving her a try because I plan on running 100 auto's outdoors this year so I figured I better find out what they are all about. You mentioned your concerns about odor, I run a 6 inch fan/filter scrubber in my sealed flower room, 14 large plants last round and Zero smell outside the room what so ever and not much in the room right up to the end. If I turned the scrubber off for 5 min the smell was almost too much so I dont think odor will be an issue for you:)
Hey there Jon, thanks for comming by and :welcome:

Yep, plant #s in the 20's would definitely be grounds for some odor control. My thinking is this. In the past, I've run as few as 2 plants, and, depending on the strain, odor can be fairly minimal. However, I've also done runs with just a few plants, where just one of them was a real stinker-enough to stink up my whole house. I've had it so bad before that I could smell it outside my front door. I'm running 6 now, one of which is a known stinker, Chemwreck Kush. Chemdawg is notorious for its fuel like funk.
I have the 6" gear to run it, I'm just on the fence about how to go about it. Plus I'm trying to watch my cash right now so investing in the additional air scrubber is something I'd like to avoid if possible, not to mention my space restrictions. It'll work its self out in good time, stay tunes to see how it plays out:high-five:

Thanks again for stopping in:Namaste:

Hi Clayhead! :welcome:
I've seen you around OMM's place a bunch, but never had the pleasure of making oyur acquaintance. Nice to meet ya and thanks for the heads up on Agen's post, I'll definitely check it out. I actually found the Over 50 Club a while back, and did some browsing...But then I started to feel like I was tresspassing because I'm only in my mid to late 30's :rofl:.
Anyway, thanks for stopping in and I hope you find something of value here! See ya 'round:Namaste:
Wow Thanks for the warm welcome Quix ! I wanted to introduce myself earlier but then you were gone ! I see that you've been busy though with a little princess on the way ! Congrats ! Do you have an ETA ? Names picked out ? Please tresspass in the over 50 club ! I am amazed that so many people (over 50) are newbies and because of thier ailments they really need thier MEDS, and are trying to grow thier own. So your experience would be greatly apreciated ! Yep, I like hanging out at the OMM's place which I lovingly call "Riding the Crazy Train" because you never know what subjects will be on the table there ...always interesting !! :peace: Brother !

Thanks for the warm welcome brother :thanks:

I already love how detailed this is getting. Kudos for not only putting quality time in your grow, but on your journal as well :bravo:

Boy do I feel ya about loud fans lol. I got a 10" inline fan under my bed in the basement cooling four lights. I just use it as an alarm clock now lol

I know you have a crammed area but is there any space you could fit a rubbermaid tote in there? If it's possible, you could just cut two holes on both ends of the bin for ducting and have the fan in the bin covered/muffled in old clothes. Also, if you'd like a cheaper alternative for a small smell control you could purchase the "Ona Mist" that disperses Ona every 7, 15 or 30 minutes. I think it's like $40 for the can and dispenser ($15 for refills). I don't know if any of these will apply to your situation but hopefully it helps.

vent_2.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome brother :thanks:

I already love how detailed this is getting. Kudos for not only putting quality time in your grow, but on your journal as well :bravo:

Boy do I feel ya about loud fans lol. I got a 10" inline fan under my bed in the basement cooling four lights. I just use it as an alarm clock now lol

I know you have a crammed area but is there any space you could fit a rubbermaid tote in there? If it's possible, you could just cut two holes on both ends of the bin for ducting and have the fan in the bin covered/muffled in old clothes. Also, if you'd like a cheaper alternative for a small smell control you could purchase the "Ona Mist" that disperses Ona every 7, 15 or 30 minutes. I think it's like $40 for the can and dispenser ($15 for refills). I don't know if any of these will apply to your situation but hopefully it helps.

Hmmmmmm:hmmmm:
I already plan to get the ona gel tub, or two, but a mister you say huh?....Something to think about.
The home made silencer, now that's a really good idea. How much would you say it reduces noise?...Also, do you not run the risk of over heating the fan with it all enclosed and covered like that?...

I appreciate the ideas, bud +Reps.:Namaste:

:thanks: for the reps brother, I really appreciate it:high-five::Namaste:

Yeah I think the mister would be a good invest if smell couldn't be controlled by the Ona block/gel. I admire your consideration towards your neighbours, that's very cool man.

I can honestly say that the diy muffler will reduce noise by at least 50%. If you pack it full with old clothes and have the holes for ducting very snug then it can quite more than that (virtually silent). They are fine for not over heating in the bins, just try not to have the bin in a warm/hot spot (over 90f)

Holy Sh!t Quix, how did I miss the baby part?! Funny, but I reread it twice before I noticed it - DOH! And, it's right there in the beginning, highlighted. I'm so happy for you brother, and for your new addition who will have a wonderful father. :yahoo:

Holy Sh!t Quix, how did I miss the baby part?! Funny, but I reread it twice before I noticed it - DOH! And, it's right there in the beginning, highlighted. I'm so happy for you brother, and for your new addition who will have a wonderful father. :yahoo:

Just add my name to Xlr8's comments. We are both blind as a bat! Congratulations Dad.:bravo:

:thanks: for the reps brother, I really appreciate it:high-five::Namaste:
The pleasure is mine, thank you for the ideas...

Yeah I think the mister would be a good invest if smell couldn't be controlled by the Ona block/gel. I admire your consideration towards your neighbours, that's very cool man.
I'll try the block or tubs first, then upgrade to a mister if I feel its neccessary. I noticed the way you spell neighbours, are you from the UK my friend? (We spell it neighbors:smokin:)

I can honestly say that the diy muffler will reduce noise by at least 50%. If you pack it full with old clothes and have the holes for ducting very snug then it can quite more than that (virtually silent). They are fine for not over heating in the bins, just try not to have the bin in a warm/hot spot (over 90f)
Guess I know how I'm spending this weekend! Thamks again for your help, I'm stoked about trying the tub!:high-five:

HaHa! don't feel bad Brother, I kinda put it in there all incognito like that on purpose, I kinda knew it'd be a hoot to see everyone go...:thedoubletake::rofl:

Thank you very much for the kind words though seriously. My first two daughters are adopted, because my wife (who I don't actually marry until July of this year), had two girls when we got together 6 years ago-I've raised them from babies, the oldest 8. This is my first born biologically, her name is Adalynn. Shes about 11 week from her due date, a month before the wedding lol. It'd gonna be an interesting year!

Just add my name to Xlr8's comments. We are both blind as a bat! Congratulations Dad.:bravo:

HaHa! You have an excuse, X, on the other hand....:rofl:

Thank you OMM

Back
Top Bottom