Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Thank you very much for the kind words though seriously. My first two daughters are adopted, because my wife (who I don't actually marry until July of this year), had two girls when we got together 6 years ago-I've raised them from babies, the oldest 8. This is my first born biologically, her name is Adalynn. Shes about 11 week from her due date, a month before the wedding lol. It'd gonna be an interesting year!

That's just a great story Brother.....I am so happy for you!:love:

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Congrats quix!!!

I am the happy father of a 12 week old baby daughter as well.

On my worst days she always puts a smile on my face...

Good luck and heres to a healthy and safe delivery for mom and baby. :thumb:

QUIX! you know im not gonna stay away lol you cant hide from me i'll follow you wherever!! :rofl: so a new baby otw thats freaking awesome! :yahoo: i would love to be a bio dad i have been raising kids since i was 11 a dad to many great ppl but never an actual father,close a couple times but as fate would happen it was not meant to be, but im ever hopeful spiffy will show me a little blue cross someday , i love autos and have had decent luck with dry being as high as 1.5 oz on a few but i tend to not give them enough room perhaps a smartpot auto grow sometime , i wont go into all the reasons i love autos, but speed is pretty amazing and if you plant 6 seeds every 2 weeks for a couple months you will have a rapid fire perpetual that ends up with you having a big sack-o-meds those little #s add up
im just damn happy to see you running a jo again!! makes me smile and get warm fuzzies, oh and i get the shivers with a butt pucker at the end!! lol j/k:thumb: but seriously glad to see this going:cheer::high-five::circle-of-love::yahoo::headbanger:

QUIX! you know im not gonna stay away lol you cant hide from me i'll follow you wherever!! :rofl: so a new baby otw thats freaking awesome! :yahoo: i would love to be a bio dad i have been raising kids since i was 11 a dad to many great ppl but never an actual father,close a couple times but as fate would happen it was not meant to be, but im ever hopeful spiffy will show me a little blue cross someday , i love autos and have had decent luck with dry being as high as 1.5 oz on a few but i tend to not give them enough room perhaps a smartpot auto grow sometime , i wont go into all the reasons i love autos, but speed is pretty amazing and if you plant 6 seeds every 2 weeks for a couple months you will have a rapid fire perpetual that ends up with you having a big sack-o-meds those little #s add up
im just damn happy to see you running a jo again!! makes me smile and get warm fuzzies, oh and i get the shivers with a butt pucker at the end!! lol j/k:thumb: but seriously glad to see this going:cheer::high-five::circle-of-love::yahoo::headbanger:

Hey Biddy my Boy:high-five: Thanks for the kind words and :welcome:
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the little one, and wish you all the best in that department if its meant to be!
I haven't anymore auto seeds to start a perpetual with, but let me ask you this. Have you done any crosses with regular seeds and autos? And by regs I mean REGs, using a true male and a female auto....?
I had done some reading on the subject last year, and forgot more than I learned, so a brush up is in order:nomo:

From what I do remember, some of the offspring will, and some won't carry on the autoflowering trait, and am wondering what if any experiences you've had.

Thanks for comming by, bud, we'll see ya:Namaste: around

Thank you very much for the kind words though seriously. My first two daughters are adopted, because my wife (who I don't actually marry until July of this year), had two girls when we got together 6 years ago-I've raised them from babies, the oldest 8. This is my first born biologically, her name is Adalynn. Shes about 11 week from her due date, a month before the wedding lol. It'd gonna be an interesting year!

That's just a great story Brother.....I am so happy for you!:love:
Thanks so much Brother, I was going to name her OMM, but the wife was on the fance so we went with Adalynn:high-five:

Congrats quix!!!

I am the happy father of a 12 week old baby daughter as well.

On my worst days she always puts a smile on my face...

Good luck and heres to a healthy and safe delivery for mom and baby. :thumb:

Thank you for the well wishes my friend, that very kind of you:thumb:
She'll be wonderful I'm sure.
Congratulations to you as well, I wish you the best!

Congrats on the new edition.

Thank you WB, I am truly blessed.
Hope all is well in your world.:Namaste:

Alright folks, I finally got around to upgrading the grow room yesterday, with the new inclosed Xtrasun 6 hood, and 6" Active air fan. I installed a flange in the cieling to vent to the attic, and installed 12X6" venting in the lower wall to act as passive intake.

Urban Grower turned me on to a great idea recently, and I decided to run with it. One of my issues with the exhaust, was the noise level of the 400cfm fan. His idea, which he has employed himself, is to incase the fan inside a tote using clothes to muffle the sound inside.

So I took my 16 or so gallon bubble cloner apart and started to experiment.
P3090006.JPG

Since, it seemed to fit, but I only had the one lid (with cloner sites drilled in it), I went to the depot to buy another one with a good lid. Well, they were out of that size so I went with the next size up, and actually devised a variation of the previously intended silencer. I simply kept the fan inside the original smaller tote, lined the bottom of the bigger tote, and then placed the small one into the bigger one!:idea: I lined the bottom of the bigger tote with a towel, then placed towels around the fan and ducting inside the smaller tote. With the addition of the second tote, and strategic placement of the towels, I have achieved what I believe to be at least a 60-70% reduction in noise.:thumb:
P3090015.JPG
P3090014.JPG
P3090013.JPG

So far there has been no signifigant issue with heat with regard to the fan, and my wife has given her approval of the volume. I'm a happy man. The improved desine allows me to simlpy place the baffle and ducting up on the closet shelf, rather than using bungies and hangers to hang the fan. Also, there is virtually no vibration.

Here are a few shots of the newly installed vents and flange. If anyone has any questions on how I went about installing the vents and flange, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to explain.
P3090016.JPG
P3090017.JPG
P3090011.JPG
P3090012.JPG

And a shot of the new and improved grow room...
P3090018.JPG
P3090019.JPG

Running tests at the three different power levels on the light as we speak. I'll give numbers later....

As a side note, I have to mention that when running your system like this, small things like the sealability of your light hood may be of some importance. You want every bit of the air being drawn through the hood, to come through the port, cooling the bulb- not through the sides of the glass or other places in your hood. The Xtrasun is a decent hood, but in retrospect I'd rather have gone with the Daystar, which is supposed to seal 100% at the glass. There was a 3/32" gap at some places where the glass meets my hood, so I simply ran a strip of MASKING tape along those edges. Please don't use duct tape or other "gummy" types of tape on your hood, you'll be sorry if you do.

Hope all is well in your worlds!:Namaste:

Nice set up Quix ...Looks like a lot of work but easier when well planned out ! :thumb:

Nice set up Quix ...Looks like a lot of work but easier when well planned out ! :thumb:

Thank you CH, it WAS a lot of work! (Mostly because I was high, and "overthought" much of the process) I am quite satisfied with the end product, though, so it was well worth it.
Hope you are well buddy:Namaste:

I love the setup.

Thank you Shotta, I do too so far, I'll be back with numbers soon...Hope you are well:Namaste:

Hey Biddy my Boy:high-five: Thanks for the kind words and :welcome:
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the little one, and wish you all the best in that department if its meant to be!
I haven't anymore auto seeds to start a perpetual with, but let me ask you this. Have you done any crosses with regular seeds and autos? And by regs I mean REGs, using a true male and a female auto....?
I had done some reading on the subject last year, and forgot more than I learned, so a brush up is in order:nomo:

From what I do remember, some of the offspring will, and some won't carry on the autoflowering trait, and am wondering what if any experiences you've had.

Thanks for comming by, bud, we'll see ya:Namaste: around
well i have read a bit and from what i understand the autoflower trait is recessive so when you cross with a reg the first cross will only be 10-15% autos, you then cross only the ones that auto f2 will be around 40-50% auto by f4 they should be 95% auto further work to stabilize ,backcrossing and so forth, im planning on creating an auto gdp with my Himalaya blue diesel auto i want it to be 100% auto and, worthy to put on the market for other patients, givin the shot stature of gdp and 100% indica it should auto well
now i have made some reg,auto crosses but have not grown out any of the beans space issues and other strains have gotten in line first lol
so i cant report first hand on results from my first gen crosses but i will. :thumb:

Well, the numbers are in.
With the light @ 16" from the tops, temps never crept above 77 F, on 50% power, or 300 watts.
@75% power, or 450 watts, the temp rose to 81 F
And finally, at 100% power, or 600 watts, temps rose to 88 F, too hot. Although, the glass was still only warm, and comfortable enough to leave my hand on for any period of time.
The good news is that I will only need the ballast at 50% for the time being, and will experiment with different heights over the next few days to see if I can run it at full power. I'll want every bit of 600 watts once they start to flower.
Another thing to note, is that typically, MH bulbs will run a little hotter than their HPS equivilants, but I was told when I bought this MH that it was superior, and would probably run cooler than an HPS. I'm betting this to be true. My HPS is a cheapy....:Namaste:

well i have read a bit and from what i understand the autoflower trait is recessive so when you cross with a reg the first cross will only be 10-15% autos, you then cross only the ones that auto f2 will be around 40-50% auto by f4 they should be 95% auto further work to stabilize ,backcrossing and so forth, im planning on creating an auto gdp with my Himalaya blue diesel auto i want it to be 100% auto and, worthy to put on the market for other patients, givin the shot stature of gdp and 100% indica it should auto well
now i have made some reg,auto crosses but have not grown out any of the beans space issues and other strains have gotten in line first lol
so i cant report first hand on results from my first gen crosses but i will. :thumb:
Thanks for the info. Yeah, a bit too much work for me. It's hard enough to lock down and stabilize crosses as it is, without the headache of trying to lock in the desired traits in a strain, AND the auto effect. Sounds fun, really, but my closet is purposed differently for now.

Back
Top Bottom