Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavors

Re: Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavo

wow, the roots on the seedlings in grodan had grown to anywhere between an inch to 8 inches outside of the cube.. They had gone nuts, so this past sunday we transplanted what we could to the aero system.

Cotton Candy (x3)
Arjan Strawberry Haze (x5)
Lemon Skunk (x5)
Kali Mist (x6)

and the freebie Big Bud #1 (x4)

I've got the water level in the tubes still a little high. I've got it touching the bottom of the cups. The hydroton is wicking up the water, but the hydroton at the very top of the cups is not wet, it's still dry. Since almost all of the plants have roots that are coming out the bottom of the cups already, I guess I'll lower the water level down a bit to maybe an inch under the cups. ??

On another note... I had a huge problem with FedEx not delivering my two DS400's from Advanced. They will be here today, and tonight I will get the rest of the seedlings moved to my flood table under the new lights. Gonna be a busy night.

Thanks for all the help everyone! We are trying, we are learning.

Re: Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavo

Well.. been an eventful weekend. When we originally fired up the cloner in the beginning, my wife added some cuttings from our garden and put them alongside the seedlings we were trying to get to root. Bad news... found spider mites on the cuttings.. and the seedlings. I think it's too late. Most of the seedlings had no green left, all yellow.

So we tore down the cloner, tore down the aeroflo, and gave all a good cleaning.

Time to start all over.

I guess I missed this thread Rat. Sorry to hear about the mites.

Suggestion: Go to home despot and buy a gallon of Home Defense. Spray the hallway floor and entry into your room, spray the room floor. Since you have a grow going I would do it with all fans off, and keep the spray low. It's safe for pets if you have them in the house. So no worries there. I would probably spray these areas a number of times over the next few weeks. Then occasionally after that as a preventative.

Never enter the room with clothes on you were just outside in, especially shoes.

I am in an area horribly known for spider mites (thrips too I think), I have been fortunate thus far, but I sprayed the hell out of my area 3 times before I started and about every two weeks since I give it a small once over. It'll certainly prevent some if not all.

Right now though you need to be aware of mite eggs hatching too, (5-7 days I think I read) and the Home Defense kills eggs too as I recall.

other than that, hey I'm subbed! Go man (and wife) go!

do you hear that Baby!! lol

Dont listen to them sweetheart, they need female lovin too. Just go in there naked instead of with clothes from outside. Rat will like this too.

Dont listen to them sweetheart, they need female lovin too. Just go in there naked instead of with clothes from outside. Rat will like this too.

I tried to give you +rep for this, but I have to spread it around a bit first.!!

hehe, thanks

I had to go away for the weekend, (unfortunately, all work and NO play). everything seemed to move along nicely without me... (maybe that's a sign I should just leave everything alone and let them do what they do!!)

All the plants took off, and I grabbed some pics Sunday night. Hopefully I'll have time to get them up here today.

Since we were gone all weekend I'm having to help the wifey catch up on some stuff she was supposed to get done, but hopefully tomorrow night I'll get a good update, and also take some readings of temps, ph, etc.

Thanks again for everyone help. This is starting to get fun!!

Did you get the new lights in? Looking forward to seeing how the plants are doing.

yes, the pair of DS400's are sitting pretty over my flood table. I need to get that journal up and running. Those plants are having a rocky start, but several look like they are going to make it just fine. .. that will give me 3 different kinds of grows going at once.. pretty stupid for my first time.:oops: But, that is my life motto... "Go Big, or Go Home"

Wait... let's make that 4 grows... I threw about 20 unknown bag seeds in some dirt, and placed them in a closet for a week. A week later.. 8 seedlings....

here's the pics I took on Sunday evening... I'll try to get some updated ones tonight or in the morning.

IMGP11861.JPG
IMGP1185.JPG
IMGP1184.JPG
IMGP11831.JPG
IMGP1182.JPG
IMGP1181.JPG

the roots are now long enough to reach 4-6 inches past the bottom of the cups.. so Sunday I lowered the water level in the tubes to about 1 inch.

Wondering If I should lower the water level more, but I guess for now I'll leave it alone unless they (the plants) start to tell me otherwise??

You can leave it there (1 inch) for the rest of the grow. I keep mine about that level as well, just make sure you are hitting the surface with the nutes to get the extra aeration going on. You don't want the roots to be completely submerged, the NFT is supposed to have some roots in the air as well as the nute solution. If you don't have a little root mass above the water-line, lower it a bit.

very funny... I don't want a "sun" burn from the lights.. I'll take my chances and wear clothes. lol

very funny... I don't want a "sun" burn from the lights.. I'll take my chances and wear clothes. lol

why is there not a "dislike" button???? :rocker:

I don't know if it's me or the cold/sinus medicine, but the plants look like they have exploded since yesterday even. When I got home the temp in the room was 77f. the humidity was 47%, the ph has stayed steady at 5.7 and the ppm was still at 530. So.. I did a quick top off, and pushed the ppm up to 850.

The only problem I see right now is the water temp in the res is 74 degrees. I'd like it a little lower, but I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes much. Last week it was staying in the upper 60's. I'd like it to stay there.

New pics taken a few minutes ago..
IMGP1199.JPG
IMGP1198.JPG
IMGP11971.JPG
IMGP11961.JPG
IMGP1195.JPG
IMGP1194.JPG
IMGP11931.JPG
IMGP1192.JPG
IMGP1191.JPG
IMGP1189.JPG

You can leave it there (1 inch) for the rest of the grow. I keep mine about that level as well, just make sure you are hitting the surface with the nutes to get the extra aeration going on. You don't want the roots to be completely submerged, the NFT is supposed to have some roots in the air as well as the nute solution. If you don't have a little root mass above the water-line, lower it a bit.

Thank you sir. +rep for reminding me to check the laser lines to make sure they were aerating after I lowered the water level. :thanks:

Almost every plant now has roots that are long enough to reach to the next hole in the tube. (if that makes sense)? Before long they will all be tangled together.

Very Nice start. Wish you all the best.

Thank you sir... I appreciate that very much. We've got a long way to go... and a lot to learn. It has been fun so far though!

A couple of updated pics. Things seem to be moving along quite nicely. I can tell a difference between now, and just a day and a half ago.

IMGP1201.JPG
IMGP1200.JPG

Back
Top Bottom