Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavors

Re: Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavo

Things move very quickly in these systems, before you know it you'll have a small jungle in there.

Glad to see every thing is making the turn for the best.

And tell you're wife she can wear SPF 50 sunscreen, that should do it.

Re: Ratatatt's Virgin Grow v1.2 - Advanced LED - Blue Planet - Aero - Buffet of Flavo

had a super busy weekend, but took a pic as I left this morning. I did top off the res saturday evening. Everything seems to be moving along just fine. ph is staying around 5.7, I did up the nutrients a tad.

IMGP1203.JPG

Looking nice Rattat. I really like the way these aeroflos perform, once dialed in they are almost on autopilot. Just getting them balanced is a bit of a challenge at first. I've found that having a constant top-off source is the key to keep it happy.

Well, we've been a busy couple.. but things are moving along nicely.

Temps are running about 65 during dark, 75 during light. RH is between 40 and 55%. Ph is staying steady at 5.7, and the water temp is between 60 and 68.

Here's a new pic....
IMGP12041.JPG

Forgot to mention the BPN regiment right now is staying at 1050 ppm. If everything keeps going the way it has I may increase to 1200 on Sunday.

One question I have for anyone that's watching... that may have experience with this type of grow in an aeroflo type system..... I failed to top these babies and they have been getting 12/12 light for 7 days now. Is it too late?

I expect to learn a lot from this grow. My next round will be from clones of these girls. So I will be going from straight 12/12 the entire way. .. So I'm asking now about the topping so I can do better next grow!

Thanks ya'll. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Hey Ratatattooey,

I would say it would be just fine to top them, although this late into it it might be considered "thinning" or cutting off dominant tops to keep a level canopy. It can go either way since the aeroflo keeps the plants so close, forcing you to flower early and have an SOG. You can top them without worries buddy. But in the future, the best time to top is when the plants are still very short with just a few nodes. Looking good!

Thanks MB. I tried to +rep, but I guess I need to spread the love first.

I'll give them all a good look this evening and decide what to do about thinning and pruning/topping. They plants are all starting to run together, but the lower parts don't show any signs of light deprivation yet, and I don't want to cut off anything that would lessen my future harvest.

It's hard being a parent to plant.

Thanks MB. I tried to +rep, but I guess I need to spread the love first.

I'll give them all a good look this evening and decide what to do about thinning and pruning/topping. They plants are all starting to run together, but the lower parts don't show any signs of light deprivation yet, and I don't want to cut off anything that would lessen my future harvest.

It's hard being a parent to plant.
I know it is hard to cut off any healthy looking growth, but trust everyone on this--cut all of that lower little stuff now. Anything that is small and spindlely down low should be removed. I didn't do that myself for the first three or four grows and ended up kicking myself for not doing it. All of those lower branches produced small pop-cornish buds. Fine for making edibles or hash but a lot of trimming work.

As MB said, you want to trim/top/FIM them early in their growth, when they're about 4~6 inches tall. I do this to mine while they're in the cloner. About 5~7 days later they are in the aeroflo straight to 12/12.

Things are looking great for your first grow!

Thanks SteveHman. I appreciate that as well. I guess I'll do some cutting tonight when I get home.

One more question for ya'll. When I get home in the evenings, the lights have just come "on" when I leave in the mornings they have just gone off. So... does it matter when I trim? Do the plants care? It would be easier for me to do it as I get home which is the beginning of their day.

Good question. I don't have a good answer (at least not one that has been researched). I just trim when ever I have time to get around to it. Usually first thing in the morning, about 2 hours before lights out (I run lights in the evening during off-peak hours).

Ok thanks Steve. At your exorbitant cost of electricity I'd run during off peak times too. (wait.. I do..lol) I'm lucky though we pay about 8 cents per kwh. My electric bill was only about $45 more than last year for this month.

So.. I guess my girls better watch out. Tonight (their morning).. they get cut!!

If I remember I'll take before and after pics of the first haircut.

I also really need to start a mini journal on my flood table. Those girls are coming along nicely (but slower) as well.

I feel like a plant murderer...

Here are the before pics!
IMGP1207.JPG
IMGP12061.JPG
IMGP12052.JPG

And here they are now...
IMGP1213.JPG
IMGP12121.JPG
IMGP1211.JPG
IMGP1210.JPG

Here's the carnage
IMGP1209.JPG
IMGP1208.JPG

I was scared to cut too much. From some plants I cut off 4 leaves, some lost 6.

Wasn't sure if the cut off leaves were of any value? Probably too soon to have any medicinal qualities.

Wow so things have changed dramatically since I have last seen it. I have been so busy with everything I sometimes don't have any time to look at journals.

You got lots of things going and I am glad to see that everything is running smoothly. I love it!:circle-of-love:

Wasn't sure if the cut off leaves were of any value? Probably too soon to have any medicinal qualities.
Yea their just pretty.. Nice job your grow is lookin real good. Nice color.

Looks good rat. No worries you could have cut lots more off and they'd be fine.

Back
Top Bottom