Rehabilitatora420 First Grow Journal

All done .got a question what u think shoud i flush it again but not so low tgis time i did like 20liters per plant or less last time and azi told me i need 3x potsize so atleast 70 liters per plant . Then feed time i shoud do it today last feeds there was a good runoff on both plants
I’ll chime in here cuz I had a few minutes to catch up. First: I personally feel that every single piece of advice I just read from @InTheShed to you is 100% correct and right on target. Now that I see everything clearly with the photos Shed displayed then you followed perfectly, I agree with him even more. So I have nothing to add and I believe that if you do exactly as Shed suggested, you’ll soon know what to do after that and we will soon see if she’s gonna recover or not. Shed knows light years more than I do and has years more experience, not to mention a small country’s worth of hardware in his signature including his most recent win. I strongly suggest that you can take 99% of his input to the bank. Just watch out for that other 1%. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll chime in here cuz I had a few minutes to catch up. First: I personally feel that every single piece of advice I just read from @InTheShed to you is 100% correct and right on target. Now that I see everything clearly with the photos Shed displayed then you followed perfectly, I agree with him even more. So I have nothing to add and I believe that if you do exactly as Shed suggested, you’ll soon know what to do after that and we will soon see if she’s gonna recover or not. Shed knows light years more than I do and has years more experience, not to mention a small country’s worth of hardware in his signature including his most recent win. I strongly suggest that you can take 99% of his input to the bank. Just watch out for that other 1%. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I do have one more thing I haven’t seen yet:

It appears to me that you had an early ph issue that is on its way to being corrected. Whether or not a second flush would be advisable or not I’m not sure, I’ve never done two back to back. I would probably wait and watch a little first but that me.

All done .got a question what u think shoud i flush it again but not so low tgis time i did like 20liters per plant or less last time and azi told me i need 3x potsize so atleast 70 liters per plant . Then feed time i shoud do it today last feeds there was a good runoff on both plants
As long as your watering to runoff like you should be with coco, I'd say no additional flushing is needed...so what Jon just said!
LOL!

As long as your watering to runoff like you should be with coco, I'd say no additional flushing is needed...so what Jon just said!

LOL!
I hope only the end is funny! I really do think you are right on here!

thanks guys my question about reflushing was because i didnt do it correct the first time considering how much Azi told me i should 3x pot size i didnt even do 1x pot size and i thinked that if there was a salt build up in the coco its still there the plant that is healtyer have shown the starting on this problem on the top leafs starting from the leaf edges then the whole one die's

thanks guys my question about reflushing was because i didnt do it correct the first time considering how much Azi told me i should 3x pot size i didnt even do 1x pot size and i thinked that if there was a salt build up in the coco its still there the plant that is healtyer have shown the starting on this problem on the top leafs starting from the leaf edges then the whole one die's
Hmm. Shed? To me - in light of that your first try was basically just a solid watering. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to do it right as Azi said at 3x pot volume. Couldn’t hurt just maintains more droopy time. Just make sure to finish with a feed if you do it.

I'm not sure if that 3x the lot size applies to coco or just soil.
Ha. Don’t flush coco if you do it right ever. But in this case since he just started runoff this late I thought it possible even coco had salt buildup. Thus my input

I don't think there's a downside to reflushing to help reset things especially since you weren't watering the coco properly.

Flush and immediately feed as @Jon suggested and then carry on.

And even if it's not necessary it shouldn't hurt anything.

I mix Cal Mag to normal strength. This would be 2ml per litre for me. “We’re on “Extra mode” now so its 2.5 but for a flush always 2ml. Ph it to 5.8.

Then I take my biggest tank which is 200L and run it all through. There are 18 plants in 20 litre pots (5 gallons) 200/18 = 11 litres per pot so about half the pot sized (bet) You’re really trying to make sure you push out the bottom third of the pot, salts do build up. I should probably do two tanks so they all get 20L but I’m generally lazy.

I do this 3-4 times a grow. In fact ai’m doing it today. Smaller pots like the 3 litre solos get a full pot flush. There’s 12 of them so just 36 litres.

The 16oz solos are getting 6-800ml a day into a 400ml pot so they are getting everything turned over every day so not an issue they’ll get nearly 2x pot. Pouring 360L of water away for the main flower room sort of offends me. Even though the next house down the hill probably reuses it in about 5 days time 😂

will do it first thing when i can its 5 am here and the light cycle ends in 5 hours i think better to wait untill later to start the day then flush and feed and they will have time to process
@Azimuth almost made a point I wanted to make. Just didn’t elaborate. When you flush, you seem to understand that you are flushing excess salt buildup from your medium. That’s what flushing is. But in addition to doing that, at the same time it does something which is the actual reason for doing it -

It resets your PH, which is the problem in the first place.

Problem: ph is off
Symptom: leaves like yours
Solution: flush properly to reset ph

If you do it right it resets your ph and allows you to get it right from scratch. But doing it right means 3x pot volume and I’ve gone as high as five when I used to have to flush. This assures you are starting over with as close to a clean and ph neutral environment as possible. It is also the reason the finishing feeding is so vitally important. That is the exact beginning of your ph reset. So when you finish feed after a flush, you DO have to ph that feed to 5.8 and you DO have to not settle on the adjustment. I will often cut corners and ph to 5.63 and say okay close enough. And maybe it is. But on this particular feed in coco, don’t settle and hit 5.8 as close as you can, even if it takes a little ping pong with the ph up and down. You want to reset at the right target. Then if you water to runoff from then on, always ph’ed every time to 5.8 before you feed (if you mix the night before, you must re-ph before feeding in case of drift), you will maintain the proper ph and voila, full reset.

I thought since you kept at the questions a bit more explanation would help. Understand?

A couple of further thoughts (I’m flushing all the plants now) so its fresh.

I’m flushing about the pot size each time, except the big 20L ones mentioned earlier. This equates to about 1/3 of a normal watering - they tend to run off run off at a third. So its around 3x normal watering.

Second - round up or down on your Ph to one decimal place and honestly - as soon as you spend more than $30 on a dedicated Ph pen for horticultural purposes its only to one decimal place. My BlueLab and others just read 5.8 or 6.3 - none of this 6.47 nonsense.

Nick

A couple of further thoughts (I’m flushing all the plants now) so its fresh.

I’m flushing about the pot size each time, except the big 20L ones mentioned earlier. This equates to about 1/3 of a normal watering - they tend to run off run off at a third. So its around 3x normal watering.

Second - round up or down on your Ph to one decimal place and honestly - as soon as you spend more than $30 on a dedicated Ph pen for horticultural purposes its only to one decimal place. My BlueLab and others just read 5.8 or 6.3 - none of this 6.47 nonsense.

Nick
i have buyed a good pen milwaukee ph55 its very easy to make it to 5.8 with it i also make the tap water wich i will flush the plants to 5.8 as well i have prep 25 liters tubes so when i fill it 3 times and 5.8 ph it will do the job just fine alot more then the previous so i will repeat this to both plants also i think to do it on the 3rd plant aswell to prevent this from happening

i have buyed a good pen milwaukee ph55 its very easy to make it to 5.8 with it i also make the tap water wich i will flush the plants to 5.8 as well i have prep 25 liters tubes so when i fill it 3 times and 5.8 ph it will do the job just fine alot more then the previous so i will repeat this to both plants also i think to do it on the 3rd plant aswell to prevent this from happening
Sounds like a plan! Just pump it in to run off at 5.8 every day and boom! There’s not much more to it in coco.

I'm not sure if that 3x the pot size applies to coco or just soil.
hey mate check this out plants today after reflushing yesterday i think there is no point in fighting and will be better to take off those two and reseed with soil as i got more knowedge with it rather then coco as u can see in pics almost all leafs got this thing :/
what do u thi

nk ?

Back
Top Bottom