Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

Just ordered some kc45 autos myself. :) :) :) I'll probably find a spot outdoors for them in the spring. :) Cheers, and looking forward to seeing how your's do!

Sounds good! :cheer:

Are you planning on journaling the autos Les? ;)
Yes, when I begin growing them I will. I have to wait until I plant them because we will be having some roofers over, as well as some major tree trimming in our backyard. I may have to rig up a small vegetative area for my seedlings under a CFL. I'll keep everyone posted :)

I'll be in touch my friend.

Yes, when I begin growing them I will. I have to wait until I plant them because we will be having some roofers over, as well as some major tree trimming in our backyard. I may have to rig up a small vegetative area for my seedlings under a CFL. I'll keep everyone posted :)

I'll be in touch my friend.

Plan and proceed, still living by the rule :) im trying to get the OK from the landlord to build a couple raised beds for my veggies next year, I don't know if he is digging the idea.. I mixed up some super soil and had the idea if that it didn't work too well for my meds, I could throw a couple bags of un altered soil in as well and use it for the raised beds. The small 5 gallon mix I made months back is still growing my lettuce with only water, pretty amazing. Do you still have tomatoes being produced down there or were these culled weeks ago? My cherry tomato plant is still kicking into high gear!

I actually have some tomatos and green pepper still growing, as well as serranno peppers, some of the strawberries are blooming again too. Still waiting for alien brocolli head to show up, it's weird when it actually smells like brocolli outside, rather than skunk ;)

Note: Today I have begun the attempted germination of four KC-45 seedlings, just as an experiment I am going to begin growing them now, I will have them put outside in my Relaxed Nursery after they break the ground, and after that we will see what nature has in store for them. :Namaste:

It is has been very unforgiving weather out there to grow anything at all. I know that little seedlings would die immediately, so I'm working on rigging up my little vegetative area in the garage. The beans have cracked but haven't shot out their root tap yet, I think the seed casing on these ones are really strong and tough, but I'm gonna put them into the sphagnum peat moss today or tomorrow. Realized I started 5 beans, not 4. Even if I don't get anything of these, atleast I can say I tried, and had some enjoyment watching them grow a bit.

I think that I am very happy with my seed stock, and variety of strains in the mystery sativas, and the Hong Kong OG, all I want to do next year is make a better soil, and hopefully get a better endproduct that keeps is flavor longer in the vaporizer, I'm thinking I'll stay away from FoxFarm products, especially TigerBloom. The physical texture and smells of the buds are great, but I feel they could taste better if I use more organics and top dressings. I have so many seeds it would probably be a waste to order any. It's safe to say I'm excited for next year's garden.

Anyway just figured I'd get on here and rant a little
Good Day! :Namaste:

Today is a good day, 1/5 of my babies has broken the ground and is born. It still has to shed its shell casing, and hopefully it doesn't suck the life out of it. I say "it" because with my luck it'll be a boy. But that's why I planted 5, hoping to get atleast one, possibly two females, I know how regular seeds work :) Was making me wonder about the seeds having "very tight seed casings"... I think that is what attributes to marijuana seeds having a long "shelf-life" and they keep quite a long time if kept properly. I have had some french green bean seeds I had in a bag in the garage and forget about them, low and behold I found them 2 months later all of them sprouted, just so much darn humidity in the air sometimes!
photo_71_.jpg

Two more seedlings are guaranteed on their way and should be breaking the ground by tomorrow. Just need to baby these things. Won't start a separate journal until they're bigger.
Hopefully these shell casings don't give me any trouble, I knew they looked tight as hell when I seen the seeds.

Laters :Namaste:
:roorrip:

You bought regular auto seeds? Seems like almost all I've seen were femmed. But I did look that strain up on Herbies after your order arrived. That's the biggest auto I've ever seen. I may be as excited as you to know the end results!

Yeah it was basically one of the cheapest deals they had. The feminised ones were way too expensive. I'm not a big fan of feminised seeds because they so expensive, and I believe they're is a higher probability to run into hermies with them. But I can see how if one is only planting a few seeds that they would need them to be female as to not waste time,space,money for indoors. But regular seeds growing regularly outside in typical photoperiod conditions, in my experience, have resulted in very close to 50/50 female/male ratio in ideal photoperiod conditions. I think in about half a pound I found literally one premature seed.

Anyway yeah I was shocked to hear how tall they claimed the KC45 grew, will have to see how these things grow throughout the regular season as well, hopefully they auto as claimed.

Good news: 5/5 of the seeds I germinated have sucessfully sprouted. 4 of them broke the ground overnight and one is barely peaking through. Two of them still have seed casing on for now. Once I get them as little established plants and settled in a veg. home I'll probably be making a journal, but this is just a winter experiment that I expect nothing of, what I'm trying to accomplish here is to test the limits with a hardy strain because they're not going to get nearly as much light as my spring crops.
photo_72_.jpg
photo_2298.JPG
photo_1350.JPG

It is something special to see a new organism born in front of your eyes. :adore:

Here is a night time brocolli update from last night, they are really thriving in this cold weather. But today the weather has turned around immensely! It's like another summer day. Anyway hope you enjoy, I think we are gonna go nuts when they actually bloom.
Cheers!
IMG_030721.jpg
IMG_030621.jpg
IMG_030322.jpg

My garden comes in the form of potted plants sitting atop my radiators! They work wonders for fast growth and lush, healthy plants when space is an issue!

Tomatos finally ripening up, saved by some warmer weather (75-80 degrees), as well as some peppers on there. More excited for this nice batch of tomatos. Again, this is the Black Pearl Hybrid (Cherry tomato) And the California Wonder Peppers (Sweet Belle)
IMG_033026.jpg
IMG_032924.jpg
IMG_033122.jpg

Amazing garden mate, i wish i had some terrain to but i live in a flat, so just grow on tents but the space is the problem or the lack of ...

I love your gardener from the jurassic :circle-of-love:

Thank you for checking out my regular garden thread. Our tortoise recently came out of hibernation for a couple days as the weather comes up. I am amazed at how quickly they can sense changes in the environment and react - as it would not be energetically economical to pass up that kind of warmth. He likes to eat everything around the yard, so we have put little fences up so he can't mow down all the lettuce, and he esp. loves the green bean leaves for some reason. As well as the fallen rose pedals.

Anyway, I am super excited to start working in the yard to prepare the grounds for next years mass planting.:Namaste:
Really just waiting to see what the Heirloom Brocolli does, pretty excited about that too.

Hi everyone, just wanted to do an update. The temperatures dropped quite a bit, and we are going to have a high of 59 degrees F starting tomorrow, but back up into the high 70's next week. We have quite a few flowering plants to show, here you go! These are all currently flowering, and pictures were taken just today!
IMG_034025.jpg
IMG_034124.jpg
IMG_034224.jpg
IMG_034319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom