Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Happy 4/20 My CannaFamily. :) The day has arrived, wake and bake duties have been taken care of, and now it's time for the big reveal. For those just catching up I'll recap quickly. I reversed a branch on my dark devil and used that pollen to produce seeds from both the DD, and a Mephisto Sour Crack. There was no caution used and the pollen was allowed to fly freely inside the tent. Guesstimates have ranged from 6 to 6500 dark devil seeds, and the best answer hasn't been a number at all. Tead hit it on the head with his guess of "a shitload." :rofl:

Enjoy our day everyone, I'm going to go eat a brownie, smoke a bowl, and wait on Roscoe to move his old bones from against the front door so I can sit on the porch. :Namaste:

Still hard to believe you actually counted every single one. :rofl: I would never have the patience to do that. I might count the first thousand then weigh them to see what 1k came up to then figure the total from there.

Still hard to believe you actually counted every single one. :rofl: I would never have the patience to do that. I might count the first thousand then weigh them to see what 1k came up to then figure the total from there.

It doesn't really take that long. 100 at a time into cups so it's easier to keep count. Start with a buzz and it's done before you know it. :)

What are those containers you have there and are they worth the price over just using good ole fashion mason jars after the moonshine is gone?

They are cVaults. The two in the back are 8L, the three up front 4L. The advantages over mason jars are being stainless steel, large sized, light and drop proof, and the ability to hold a couple of Boveda packs. Disadvantage is cost...big disadvantage. But I can't take it with me so I may as well spend it on something that makes me happy, and they do satisfy my fetish for shiney metal objects full of mj. :rofl:

Seriously, volume and durability were actually the driving factors for my purchases . My last grow cycle yielded 34 oz in a 40 day harvest window, and it's just easier to jar and burp a larger amount at once as opposed to having a couple dozen jars to fiddle with and drop. Yep I'd drop At Least one, can't be helped.:biglaugh:

They are cVaults. The two in the back are 8L, the three up front 4L. The advantages over mason jars are being stainless steel, large sized, light and drop proof, and the ability to hold a couple of Boveda packs. Disadvantage is cost...big disadvantage. But I can't take it with me so I may as well spend it on something that makes me happy, and they do satisfy my fetish for shiney metal objects full of mj. :rofl:

Seriously, volume and durability were actually the driving factors for my purchases . My last grow cycle yielded 34 oz in a 40 day harvest window, and it's just easier to jar and burp a larger amount at once as opposed to having a couple dozen jars to fiddle with and drop. Yep I'd drop At Least one, can't be helped.:biglaugh:
Wee Hoo, they are shiney and so is that pricing! They look great and I might have to put a couple of those 8L cVaults on my wish list. LOL Maybe someday I can manage to have the problem of more weed than I know what to do with. :rofl: I always figured I would just move up to the 1 gallon mason jar with the Boveda humidity packs :laughtwo: but now you have given me something else to consider.

It was a lazy rainy day at The Roost until the postal carrier came by. Freshly shipped two days ago, and no worries about being taken at customs. Can it get any better you ask? Damn skippy it can. :cheesygrinsmiley: Mitch and his team aim to please and they did not miss this time. I ordered 3 of each of the new Artisanal beans....got 5 ea...AND 5 freebies of another of their crosses. If you aren't buying directly from this breeder you are missing out.

20160422_103323.jpg

With only a few weeks before I leave for the beach I don't think there is much chance of success, but WTH. I'm going to attempt the shotglass grow again. This time with rockwool croutons. We shall see. One SSDC bean cracked and planted. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are also cracked seeds of my own creation placed into buckets now too. Both the Dark Devil S1 and the SSDC F1. :)

With only a few weeks before I leave for the beach I don't think there is much chance of success, but WTH. I'm going to attempt the shotglass grow again. This time with rockwool croutons. We shall see. One SSDC bean cracked and planted. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are also cracked seeds of my own creation placed into buckets now too. Both the Dark Devil S1 and the SSDC F1. :)
Not like you don't have plenty to spare and experiment with. :rofl:

Nice. In my large room, I am going to be growing Barney's Laughing Buddha, regular.

I was really tempted to get their Pineapple Chunk.

I've got some pineapple chunk beans in my safe, but my growing season limits me on photo plants from Oct to Apr. Anything I get to grow during the Summer has to be quick due to so many semi-public activities that happen around the farm. Late September I'll be pulling out the photo stash and picking something to grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:420:
Birth announcement ! Both of the new autos in the 5 gallon buckets have risen. Day # 1 for DDS1 and SSDC. (who got a few drops of water to loosen the shell which is still clinging on) Still no sign of the shot glass sprout. :)
:happy-birthday:Welcome to the world girls! :woohoo:
Do you have any pictures of when you first put them in rapid rooters and stick into your netpots?

I just got a Cherry Bomb Auto sprouting and it has to be one of the smallest sprouts I have seen. I've seen broccoli sprouts on my salad that are bigger. :laughtwo:

Edit:
Here she is:

:420:
:happy-birthday:Welcome to the world girls! :woohoo:
Do you have any pictures of when you first put them in rapid rooters and stick into your netpots?

I just got a Cherry Bomb Auto sprouting and it has to be one of the smallest sprouts I have seen. I've seen broccoli sprouts on my salad that are bigger. :laughtwo:

Sorry Hemi I dont. I just pick them up with tweezers, drop them tap root first into the rooting plug, and bury that half way deep in the hydroton.

Back
Top Bottom