Royal Cheese & Cookies Grow Journal

mrwdd

My 2 plant is leaning on cup. Is that okay??

And 1 is dead i guess? Or still have hope for the skinny one?

20240126_133022.jpg

20240126_133019.jpg

So one seedling is abt to die or alrdy dead? =(
To me, no, it is still alive. Once "damping off disease" sets in the stem will start to shrink, shrivel up and sometimes change color as it becomes weak. Then the plant falls over. So far it looks like a case of a skinny stem caused by not enough light from being too far away or just weak light levels.

It is normal for some plants to stretch a bit right after they sprout if they are indoors. Carefully put a bit more soil around each stem, just a table spoon or so. It will help. Then when the next transplant time comes up be sure to properly bury the root ball so it is deep enough that the main section of stem is supported.

After zooming up she’s more than ok.
It is the weakest of the bunch. With that long stem and really small cotyledons and first true leaves it has about a 50% chance at best of pulling through compared to the others.

With the damp/wet soil and the lack of air movement or ventilation all the small plants have a chance of damping off.

first thing is just get them supported with a little more media. those cups should always be filled closer to the top right from planting.

get the stems supported.

My 2 plant is leaning on cup. Is that okay??

And 1 is dead i guess? Or still have hope for the skinny one?

20240126_133022.jpg

20240126_133019.jpg
Fill your cups.
Give her support and more light.
She is trying ti find it that's why she 8s stretching. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

What are you using as the light source and how far is the light from the plants? The stems of the plants have stretched to the light source indicating more light is required.

Back
Top Bottom