sup guys, harvesting my 2nd grow soon and wanted to try this method out so i can keep my tent free for the next run.

i'm just gonna put these in some trader joe's bags and lay em on a shelf in my everyday fridge. it's ~40F and 50H in there typically. basically just leave them be and shake a bit every few days, and after 2 weeks that's about it yeah? just wondering if any major updates to the process, it's a big thread lol.
Howdy zecht and :welcome: to 420magazine! This is a great site for some solid information, but MrSauga doesn't come by here as much as he used to so maybe I can answer this.

I'm pretty sure that the summary post MrSauga did back here is still the way to go, which is why I link to it anytime someone asks about low and slow. Read it and follow it to the letter and all should be well. If you have questions you should post those in the actual Low and Slow thread since it's a bit more active than this journal.

Nothing in there about shaking a bit every few days as I recall though.

No shaking... don't want those trichs going to waste. Don't overstuff the bags with too much weight. Make sure the buds aren't wet if you did a bud wash prior. Rotate the bags if you have them stacked. Middle ones to the outside, outsides to the middle. Don't fold over the bags, let them breathe.

So things are going okay I think. I guess I don't know the difference between shake and tumble lol. In any case, I gently rocked the bags a bit to slide the buds around a couple of times so far.

My huge concern was mold because I just knew the RH would be through the roof in the bags, but I took the leap of faith with the whole harvest anyway. Day 4 there is no sign of mold and so I think I'm in the clear and very happy with the process. The low temps seem to mitigate any potential mold.

My fridge reeks now of course so next time I think I'll need a dedicated separate fridge.

So things are going okay I think. I guess I don't know the difference between shake and tumble lol. In any case, I gently rocked the bags a bit to slide the buds around a couple of times so far.

My huge concern was mold because I just knew the RH would be through the roof in the bags, but I took the leap of faith with the whole harvest anyway. Day 4 there is no sign of mold and so I think I'm in the clear and very happy with the process. The low temps seem to mitigate any potential mold.

My fridge reeks now of course so next time I think I'll need a dedicated separate fridge.
Rocking or jostling works. I place my hand in the paper bags and move them around. This allows me to feel how wet or dry they are and gives me an idea if I need to let them sit out in the open for an hour or two.

A dedicated fridge is the way to go, but if it's a frost free one make sure your paper bags don't touch the fridge walls.

Hey @MrSauga, so this has been the only method I’ve used this far for drying cannabis. I’ve used it 4x’s now with this current harvest being my fourth. I’ve always bucked the buds off the stems to dry in paper bags and I wondered if leaving them on the stem would be another option?

Hey @MrSauga, so this has been the only method I’ve used this far for drying cannabis. I’ve used it 4x’s now with this current harvest being my fourth. I’ve always bucked the buds off the stems to dry in paper bags and I wondered if leaving them on the stem would be another option?
The stems will slow the drying process down, so I tend to leave no more than a half inch to an inch. I decide from each stem where to cut down from the top, and this is my main bud from each stem that has the 1/2 inch or so of stem. The rest I pluck off with very little stem, almost snipping at the base of the bud.

Not sure if that makes sense.

No shaking... don't want those trichs going to waste. Don't overstuff the bags with too much weight. Make sure the buds aren't wet if you did a bud wash prior. Rotate the bags if you have them stacked. Middle ones to the outside, outsides to the middle. Don't fold over the bags, let them breathe.
Hi Mr S. Very nice to see you. When you say not to fold bags over, do you mean that they must stay open at the top? I have been folding and pegging the open ends.

The stems will slow the drying process down, so I tend to leave no more than a half inch to an inch. I decide from each stem where to cut down from the top, and this is my main bud from each stem that has the 1/2 inch or so of stem. The rest I pluck off with very little stem, almost snipping at the base of the bud.

Yes, it makes perfect sense, I’ll continue to do exactly what you explained. It’s actually the way I’ve been snipping the buds off. I just started to think I was drying too fast and maybe I should leave them on the stem. I’ll just go smoke another one instead of changing anything that already works lol :snowboating:

Ps. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

Well, well, well look at what the internet logged in! And I have to fight my way though a harem of hotties just to say hi.

You’re like a grow Harry Styles… if Harry Styles was middle aged, had a paunch and was losing his hair.

I speak on behalf of your harem when I say you are still super missed!

Hey and guess what?!

I’m not widely hated anymore, I mean a couple of posters still do fo sho, but I think I found my fit! I literally haven’t been spanked by Teddy in MONTHS! Between you and me, I’m 96% sure he misses it.

Hi Mr S. Very nice to see you. When you say not to fold bags over, do you mean that they must stay open at the top? I have been folding and pegging the open ends.
Hi Carmen.
That is what I mean, yes. There's less risk of having the buds get moldy. Having said that, If your bags are not over packed and you only have one or two bags stacked on top of each other, then closing them will be fine.

In my case I can have 10 bags stacked, so I want to make sure they get as much air as possible from being in a cold damp fridge.
Yes, it makes perfect sense, I’ll continue to do exactly what you explained. It’s actually the way I’ve been snipping the buds off. I just started to think I was drying too fast and maybe I should leave them on the stem. I’ll just go smoke another one instead of changing anything that already works lol :snowboating:

Ps. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!
If you think your buds are drying too fast then the temp in the fridge could be too cold. Colder air means drier air, so try dropping the temp down a bit if you're not storing food in there as well.
Well, well, well look at what the internet logged in! And I have to fight my way though a harem of hotties just to say hi.

You’re like a grow Harry Styles… if Harry Styles was middle aged, had a paunch and was losing his hair.

I speak on behalf of your harem when I say you are still super missed!

Hey and guess what?!

I’m not widely hated anymore, I mean a couple of posters still do fo sho, but I think I found my fit! I literally haven’t been spanked by Teddy in MONTHS! Between you and me, I’m 96% sure he misses it.
Thanks for the kind words Tra. Glad to hear you're finally getting along. That could be a record, I dunno.
I'm sure teddy is saving up for something special. Enjoy the week.

Back
Top Bottom