So then it would be true to say that the more trichs the higher the CBD content? Or is there no relationship tbetween trich quantity and cbd content?
That's a good question with a slightly complicated answer from what I've read. The answer is that it's a combination between the genetics of the plant (plants bred for higher THC will have more THC in their trichomes) and the environment (which can determine the number of trichomes on the plant). There seems to be some unnamed but oft-quoted Swiss study that found that plants grow at higher altitudes had higher levels of THC, lending credence to the UV light brigade of growers.

That's a good question with a slightly complicated answer from what I've read. The answer is that it's a combination between the genetics of the plant (plants bred for higher THC will have more THC in their trichomes) and the environment (which can determine the number of trichomes on the plant). There seems to be some unnamed but oft-quoted Swiss study that found that plants grow at higher altitudes had higher levels of THC, lending credence to the UV light brigade of growers.
I posted a bunch more stuff on my other journal regarding what I think I learned. You can check it out if you like. It starts somewhere here:

Amazing! It means for sure I have to read up more on that. It was an assupmtion based on how people react to the trichs on their buds. So often I hear 'gonna be killer bud, she's all frosty' or something similar.
Amazing number on the biggy, so the others don't have the same need to pull their weight...literally! A beautiful harvest MrS :).

Still, the trichomes are where the cannabinoids are, so those trichs are holding all the precious CBD.
Thanks Shed! I was totally impressed with her!

So then it would be true to say that the more trichs the higher the CBD content? Or is there no relationship tbetween trich quantity and cbd content?

Have a great day!

THC is also stored in trichomes and they are an "indication" of potency (which is why people harvest based on trichome color) but more influenced by genetics. It's possible to have a low-THC strain that has a lot of trichs, but if it's a high THC strain, all the THC is also stored in the trich's. Since most of us are growing for the THC, we like to see lots of trich's! :yummy:

THC is also stored in trichomes and they are an "indication" of potency (which is why people harvest based on trichome color) but more influenced by genetics. It's possible to have a low-THC strain that has a lot of trichs, but if it's a high THC strain, all the THC is also stored in the trich's. Since most of us are growing for the THC, we like to see lots of trich's! :yummy:
:thumb:

I think that's what I came up with as well Krip. It took some reading and lurnin' but it's what I got out of it too.

Another Canadian here (Alberta)
Just caught up on this Journal. What an amazing harvest Mr.Sauga I hope my first grow does even half as good. Headed over to start following the new journal. You've set the bar pretty high for yourself. Gonna be hard to top this one!
StaySharp

Ahh, StaySharp...nice touch :thumb:
Lol I saw your posts about a tag line, StaySharp has been my go to tag for years now. Lately I've been seeing other knifemakers using it as well so on those pages I'll use "Have a knife day"

Lol I saw your posts about a tag line, StaySharp has been my go to tag for years now. Lately I've been seeing other knifemakers using it as well so on those pages I'll use "Have a knife day"
lol, that's just as good. Glad someone got a tag line :(

Having a tag line is edgy. See what I did there?

Well the last of the numbers are in for my Pineapple Express. Those who want to see the first counts, that post is here:

Woodstock came in with 156g of med to large size colas, and 37g of small buds. The flarf went into bags and was not weighed.

Thanks everyone for hanging around and making this journal special. I appreciate all the support I received from the moment the journal launched.

I guess all that's left to do now is have @Amadeus Forzin move this to completed journals when he has time.
:thanks:

Stay well everyone!
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom