Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Some many Plants.... I need to start a Combined Thread....

Think Ill work on that this week:thumb:

21 Girls.. I need em all in one School House...LOL

Ill do a big Photo dump soon... uploading em now:high-five:

Most recent Pics from Monday

Buds are getting pretty dense, still some Leaf issues on Puddles and Rain, but Im sure they will be fine. Seems the Purple Kush is a bit more finicky than the Dutch Treat

Im still thinking at least 3-4 more weeks, the Hairs on the girls are still pretty prominent. Its water Day so I may kill the lights and take some Microscope Pics just to check the Tricombs

Jane may be ready sooner, again, Ill check her today

IMG_20170610_121517509.jpg
IMG_20170610_121618915.jpg
IMG_20170610_121510588.jpg
IMG_20170610_121504333.jpg

IMG_20170610_122753455.jpg
IMG_20170610_132401326_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170610_124042118.jpg
IMG_20170610_134409186.jpg
IMG_20170610_134402007_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170610_134354711.jpg
IMG_20170610_134345580_HDR.jpg

Right on Scorpio, they are all looking great and fattening up! Your dutch treats almost are looking different than mine now lol, mostly in size likely. For some reason mine haven't fattened up yet and they are into week 8 now, hoping once I start flushing they will. But they sure are dense hey? That's the one thing I noticed about that strain. How old are yours now?

Crap...too many plants..lol

I'll check dates and post later

The DT are very dense and looking good...even the lower canopy buds

Purples are really dense too..just some leaf issues

Right on Scorpio, they are all looking great and fattening up! Your dutch treats almost are looking different than mine now lol, mostly in size likely. For some reason mine haven't fattened up yet and they are into week 8 now, hoping once I start flushing they will. But they sure are dense hey? That's the one thing I noticed about that strain. How old are yours now?

Girls are at Day 56 of flower today, so exactly 8 weeks

Like I said my DT are looking better, health wise, as my Purple Kush. I am also sure I should have Transplanted to bigger pots, but, is my 1st grow so I am learning for sure

Next water I am gunna trim off the nasty leafs off of Puddles and Rain, they look so nasty, maybe will make em feel better

We always learn from our little mistakes don't we :) Main thing is, looks like you're gonna make it to harvest my friend, I'm sure of it!

I also replied to your leaf issue that you asked me about in my journal! Hope it helps.

We always learn from our little mistakes don't we :) Main thing is, looks like you're gonna make it to harvest my friend, I'm sure of it!

I also replied to your leaf issue that you asked me about in my journal! Hope it helps.
Thanks bud I saw yer reply...been cooking and transplanting my Nightengale, blueberry, original skunk#1, and CBD Critical Cure

The leafs have been like this about 3weeks..slowly getting worse
pH water is around 6.4 and run off last checked was about 6
I stopped nuts, fox farms, right away, figured I had nuked em too much.
Then about a week or 10 days ago I flushed them , probably not enough.
Temp is usually 82-84 and Rh around 45, temp drops to about 77 at night
Figured at 1st maybe heat stress, raised lights as far as I can about 20" away from tallest ones..but seemed to worsen with higher nutes.
I'm thinking with these 3 I'll stop nutes and give them a good flush again. Also a chance they are root bound but kinda late to transplant

What do ya think ???

Hmmm, strange that the Ph went down in your runoff rather than up.. Generally as a plant uses up nutrients the ph will go up, at least this is how it was with my hempy buckets when I tested runoff. I actually haven't been testing any runoff on my promix plants lol This almost seems like a lockout issue to me but you may want to try and confirm with someone who has a little more experience than I do with nutes. I myself have never run into a lockout issue or imbalanced ph levels *knocks on wood*

You wont be able to get the color back in the effected leaves but if you start to notice any new green growth then that will be a good sign. When you are flushing to get rid of nutrients it's good practice to actually water 2-3x the amount of your container to fully flush them out :) It is possible that they are root bound.. Did you only do the 1 transplant at a young age? I have been taught to up-pot when you plan to switch to flower, or at least switch to flower within a couple weeks of flowering. Fabric pots are supposed to have good qualities that help keep roots from circling and getting root bound too quickly, hoping that it works because I transplanted almost a couple weeks ago and I got no room in my flower room yet lol

Hmmm, strange that the Ph went down in your runoff rather than up.. Generally as a plant uses up nutrients the ph will go up, at least this is how it was with my hempy buckets when I tested runoff. I actually haven't been testing any runoff on my promix plants lol This almost seems like a lockout issue to me but you may want to try and confirm with someone who has a little more experience than I do with nutes. I myself have never run into a lockout issue or imbalanced ph levels *knocks on wood*

You wont be able to get the color back in the effected leaves but if you start to notice any new green growth then that will be a good sign. When you are flushing to get rid of nutrients it's good practice to actually water 2-3x the amount of your container to fully flush them out :) It is possible that they are root bound.. Did you only do the 1 transplant at a young age? I have been taught to up-pot when you plan to switch to flower, or at least switch to flower within a couple weeks of flowering. Fabric pots are supposed to have good qualities that help keep roots from circling and getting root bound too quickly, hoping that it works because I transplanted almost a couple weeks ago and I got no room in my flower room yet lol
Ya I up poted right before flower .. should have went bigger, I will next grow

Ya when I flushed I didn't do that much, I will tomorrow​ on water day.
I'll test the run off again..haven't in awhile so .y numbers may be off. Since my water us a good PH I haven't checked run off much

Appreciate your help...I'll flush em good tomorrow

Yeah no problem man, I always try to help out where I can. Wish I could help better diagnose the actual problem.

What size pots did you transplant from and into?

Yeah no problem man, I always try to help out where I can. Wish I could help better diagnose the actual problem.

What size pots did you transplant from and into?
2 gal to 3gal...I'll do 5 gal from now on
Already did my DDAs into 5gal.

I did a big flush yesterday on the 3 problem girls.

Pulled em all and shifted em around..see if it helps any

The babies
420-magazine-mobile509135160.jpg

Jane is close to harvest...
I'd say 2 weeks
420-magazine-mobile1469958268.jpg

Puddles is looking good even with the nasty leaves
420-magazine-mobile1990911521.jpg

I ways forget about my White widow
She is looking pretty good
420-magazine-mobile516929987.jpg

And more generic pics of buds
420-magazine-mobile155816894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile498139181.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1262853244.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1679458682.jpg

2 gallon to 3 gallon may be ok for while it's in veg if you need to up pot, if you do that then just be sure to transplant to the 5 gallon before throwing her into flower.

Buds are looking great, getting nice and frosty :) Lets hope those flushes help out, next time hit them with a mild feeding, not full strength.

2 gallon to 3 gallon may be ok for while it's in veg if you need to up pot, if you do that then just be sure to transplant to the 5 gallon before throwing her into flower.

Buds are looking great, getting nice and frosty :) Lets hope those flushes help out, next time hit them with a mild feeding, not full strength.
Ya...1st grow so I've learned a LOT...
Bigger is better....one is in a 5gal..1st one I transferred but I was low on dirt...and no way to get more that day...so stuck with the 3gal

Ya I'll do a half nute in 3 days

Gunna clip a Dutch Treat bud today for a tester.... I'll post a pic for ya bud

Just snipped a nice lower bud....man they are dense..so much more than the autos I just harvested

Meet Jane, she is the most progressed girl of the bunch

Before
420-magazine-mobile167907399.jpg

And after
420-magazine-mobile1849585970.jpg

She is in the fridge to low and slow cure

Sweet deals man, looking very nice! Hope it tastes good. I had a small gangly branch that kinked over and wouldn't stay up on a DT, so I clipped it off and let it dry a while in the garage. When I busted it up it had a nice sweet smell with a slight hint of sour.. Taste wasn't optimal yet though obviously but it did the trick on a couple bowl fulls :) lol

I would like to try out this fridge cure technique with a few nugs.. Does it stink things up pretty bad? lol

Sweet deals man, looking very nice! Hope it tastes good. I had a small gangly branch that kinked over and wouldn't stay up on a DT, so I clipped it off and let it dry a while in the garage. When I busted it up it had a nice sweet smell with a slight hint of sour.. Taste wasn't optimal yet though obviously but it did the trick on a couple bowl fulls :) lol

I would like to try out this fridge cure technique with a few nugs.. Does it stink things up pretty bad? lol

Ya cant wait to test the DT, Ill have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of it when I harvest, I hope its a good smoke and Good Medicinally also

Now as far as Curing in the Fridge. Ive never smelled it at all. and I had it in my Pop/Beer fridge so no food or anything in it and never did smell it. Now in my Bathroom I did the old school dry/cure in it smelled like a grape forest:thumb:

The Fridge Dry/cure seems really Nice. I have some in jars now I did Old school and Fridge. The Fridge jars when Burped smell significantly fruitier than the Old school Ones. Appearance is about the same, was the Auto weed that isnt as dense as the DT or PK buds

The DT i clipped is in the fridge now looks and smells fantastic. Ill probably leave it in there a few days then see if I can dry it a bit faster to taste test it

So try the Fridge Bud... It didnt stink at all, now if ya had like 600gr in there, well, all bets are off then:high-five:

Bahahah :rofl: I'm sure if I had 600 grams anywhere in this house it would be smelled! lol Maybe my veg girls I will be able to pull 1/2lb from at least, we will see :)

I will have to invest in a cheap used fridge for the garage or something, but might not work in the winter cause it's not heated out there and we get like -30 and -40 weather. Might have to cram one downstairs, that should be fun!

Bahahah :rofl: I'm sure if I had 600 grams anywhere in this house it would be smelled! lol Maybe my veg girls I will be able to pull 1/2lb from at least, we will see :)

I will have to invest in a cheap used fridge for the garage or something, but might not work in the winter cause it's not heated out there and we get like -30 and -40 weather. Might have to cram one downstairs, that should be fun!

Im thinking This Harvest will be insane for me...Id assume an OZ per plant easy.. I have 7... so ya, 1/2lb is an easy call for sure

Im gunna really look into my Keg-O-Rator as a low and slow fridge. Bet I could get a Few OZ's in it to Dry if I build the racks good

Well my Garage Now is gunna be like 140deg next few Days... Winter, heck I can Live in it.. Try a few Test Runs, some in Fridge (i use crisper drawers) and some Regular... Then decide... But I bet you will :love::love::love: It

Keg-O-Rator is working well so far:thumb:

Im gunna Prep Jane and Mary, both CBDutch Treats for harvest soon. Mary snuck up on me last few days, she is looking Ready and Jane has been ready for a week or so.
Gunna Take pics today of them and see if they are ready, if so, probably no water today and Ill pull them tomorrow or Monday for some lights out before Harvest

Then I need ta Move Candida into the Flower Tent. She is at 52 days today and needs to flip soon. Green Doc as well but until I harvest 2 outa the Big tent I wont have any room

Jane looks really good. she is really really close
Jane26.jpg

Mary has surprised me, she is close like Jane
mary28.jpg

Seymore is looking so dense, but a few more weeks for sure
Seymore.jpg

Same with Puddles, very dense buds, she has recovered from the Nute issues well, to bad Violet hasnt, But Violet will be a Fresh Harvest oil candidate for sure
Puddles.jpg

Back
Top Bottom