Silver LA Grow Journal - LST

Doobiemiester

Hello all.

Like most growers on the east coast, I have limited space for my grow. For this reason and with the help of many 420 threads, I chose the LST method.

Now I'm not the most technical individual, therefore I haven't gotten into testing ph, or an in depth fertilizer. I am very open to advice though being this is my first respectable grow. I'll try to include as much info and pictures as possible.

-Strain: Silver LA (Silver Bubble X La Confidential)
-Soil: Gardeners Gold (Master Gardner)
-Lighting: 4 X 100w CFLs bunched together around one lamp about 3" above the plant
-Watered about a 1/2 cup daily, misted every morning

will post pictures as soon as possible

Re: Silver LA Grow Journal (LST)

Day_230.jpg

Picture of Day 1 from seed

And theres a period of time when I got lazy so

20130901_155300.jpg

Picture of Day 21 from seed

subscribed. I would stop misting your plant as it does not require it and the water droplets may amplify the light and burn the leaves. here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs in your journal.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

King John C,
Thanks for the advice, I was going for imitation morning dew lol but anyways I also have a gnat problem... fruit flies or something. I've heard of white sand helping that. Any knowledge on that my man?Thanks for the link, I think its just a pain in the ass because I'm limited to using my phone and it wont give me a way to post. Once on a computer these annoying links to pictures will be gone.
I appreciate the subscribe, happy toking man.

for soil insects I use diatomaceous earth as a top dressing on the soil, it cuts the insects as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. diatomaceous earth can also be placed in a squeeze bottle and puffed onto the leaves and stem, this works but is messy. mosquito dunks can also be used for soil insects. Sierra Natural Sciences also have a product called SNS-203 for soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

SNS 203 Soil Drench Spray | Sierra Natural Science

KJC,
Until I get the time to grab sand or diatomaceous earth I'velput down some thick white drawing paper to reflect some light. It didn't solve my bug issue, but I just checked it before leaving for work, and there was a dramatic drop in the number of flies. Good cheap trick to know. I also have 2 clones coming along. I think I'm gonna throw them right into the 12/12 regimen. Any suggestions?

And this is a picture of my lady tied down. Last night my other lady distracted me and I forgot to tie her back down. I swear whenever I forget to tie her down she goes apeshit and tries to block me out. Shes getting so bushy that if I didn't get a feminized bean I wouldn't be able to tepl the sex. Only about the size of a large fist, but by far the bushiest/densest plant I've ever laid eyes on.

20130904_104524 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
Picture of Day 25 from seed

Another thought, I count 4 tops not including my main growth tip. I've trained my plant to lay her stem completely parallel to the soil. In my opinion it looks insanely bushy. Would it hurt the plant to trim my fan leaves? Only because the new tops aren't getting the light I think they should even though I tie back the fan leaves. Also. I've heard that a light placed farther from the plant will make it want to stretch. My lights are about 2 inches from the plant, but I have a fan and I only use CFLs so my temperature is fine. To urge my tops out from under those fan leaves should I raise the lights to 5 inches above?

KJC,
I do value the advice my man. But none the less I saw more tops under one huge top, with gigantic fan leaves. My girlfriend is in charge of cloning, as I kinda suck at it. I took that top, once put in rooting gel then soil, and plopped her on the window sill, will post pictures soon.

Hey doobiemiester. Definitely move your bulb away a bit and dont cut your fans. Just tuck under your younger growth. Well done on the LSTing, its easily the best way to yield big off each plant.
Im subbed as you LST slightly different than my method. So cant wait to see the results. Give us a shout anytime.My methods take more vertical space me thinks. Check out my grow see what I mean about tucking fans away behind new growth.

Green thoughts to you!

Hey there Light Addict!
I saw all the different LST techniques, and I found a picture of this one guy's LST'd plant, and he had it laying on the ground.
Even though I wasn't able to find a journal or anything suggesting that people train their plants to grow parallel to the soil, but it works well in my head, so why not? I think once I raise the lights, and get my tops to protrude the dense bush of fan leaves I'm gonna LST those tops the same way you have yours. This way have a main stem on the ground with only coalas growing up out of it. Try to keep it as compact as possible.

Doobie

Back
Top Bottom