Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Great journal and garden skoondawg!! I just harvested a lemon haze and it was grade A top shelf smoke. Very strong lemon smell and flavor. She gets tall as u can see bt it's well worth it in the end. I'll be tuned in for that and the gsc. I haven't tried it bt have a IHG cross that I just ordered with it in it and have heard great things about it!

Thanks for stopping by J!

Thats one of the reasons im growing the Lemon Haze - i really like the smell of lemon, so really looking forward to trying her and smelling her beautiful aromas! Please do enjoy your stay in my journal :p

The GSC is awesome, definitely something you ought to try!

They look fantastic SD! Nice and big. Those clones are super healthy as well man.

I will also be defoliating tomorrow. A bit of a pain in the ass, but necessary I believe.

Hope your defol went well Blaze! Spent a good couple hours pruning and struggling to get to the leaves at the back of my scrog (what a pain in the ass). Necessary i believe too :p

Hello again :0

Back with an update on the defoliation that went down today :)

Its Day 22 from switch, theyre still stretching a bit but i went ahead with defol anyway to maybe help slow the remaining stretch down.

I'll let the pictures do the talking, not much else to say! Trimmed most of the bigger fan leaves, left a good amount still in tact. a few branches also had to go on the GSC that were too short. The light is now 70cm from the screen so the 400w will have a bit of an issue getting decent light down that low but we will make it work - fortunately the air cooled hood allows us to keep the lights closer to the tops.

Always recommend using gloves when handling your ladies .
420-magazine-mobile2070742161.jpg

Up skirt shot BEFORE:
420-magazine-mobile1188254886.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1129791701.jpg

Up skirt shot AFTER GSC cleaned up below:
420-magazine-mobile314724451.jpg

Up skirt shot AFTER both trimmed:
420-magazine-mobile676051811.jpg

Shots of the ladies after defol - hard to see anything. These fucking magnetic ballast lines also dont help!
420-magazine-mobile580964219.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545431117.jpg

Didn't manage to do the screens today. Will be done tomorrow and installed. The canopy is quite messy and can do with a bit of organisation which the secondary net will help with. Will guide shoots into squares to even out the spread of colas.

Hopefully in the next few days they will bounce back hard :)

Keep well all! Soon the pictures will be a whole lot more exciting and you'll actually be able to make out whats going . buds are on their way! :Namaste:

Hello again :0

Back with an update on the defoliation that went down today :)

Its Day 22 from switch, theyre still stretching a bit but i went ahead with defol anyway to maybe help slow the remaining stretch down.

I'll let the pictures do the talking, not much else to say! Trimmed most of the bigger fan leaves, left a good amount still in tact. a few branches also had to go on the GSC that were too short. The light is now 70cm from the screen so the 400w will have a bit of an issue getting decent light down that low but we will make it work - fortunately the air cooled hood allows us to keep the lights closer to the tops.

Always recommend using gloves when handling your ladies .
420-magazine-mobile2070742161.jpg

Up skirt shot BEFORE:
420-magazine-mobile1188254886.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1129791701.jpg

Up skirt shot AFTER GSC cleaned up below:
420-magazine-mobile314724451.jpg

Up skirt shot AFTER both trimmed:
420-magazine-mobile676051811.jpg

Shots of the ladies after defol - hard to see anything. These fucking magnetic ballast lines also dont help!
420-magazine-mobile580964219.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545431117.jpg

Didn't manage to do the screens today. Will be done tomorrow and installed. The canopy is quite messy and can do with a bit of organisation which the secondary net will help with. Will guide shoots into squares to even out the spread of colas.

Hopefully in the next few days they will bounce back hard :)

Keep well all! Soon the pictures will be a whole lot more exciting and you'll actually be able to make out whats going . buds are on their way! :Namaste:
Looking good skoon. Personally, im Not a Fan of this supercropping before installing a Screen. I watched multiple Videos and grow Journals to See of it actually helps with yield. I think that it performs Well with some strains, Bit in the other Hand it doesnt with the Same strain or it was maybe the wrong timepoint when the gardener did that. All in all, too much maybes included when it comes to that massive supercropping. This is why i doent do this. Maybe i will do some experimenting one day, but in my eyes, this is a Thing when my Situation is comfortable enough to compensate for a possible Bad yield.

Why didnt i get Notifications from your thread? Im subscribed, but your Journal ist the only one where i get No E-Mails from. That sucks, because from all Journals, yours is the Most comparable to mine. It's a Journal that make me wanna get 110% success with my grow. Im that kinda person who wants to be competitive every time. And i thought, a more powerful bulb, more space and the faster medium than me should be a hard competitor to Beat in questions of growth Speed and yield per squaremeter/squarefeet. This is what makes me wanna figure Out all the little tweaks and tricks that other may Not know about.

So please Brother, keep growing with best possible success to make it as hard as possible for me to Match up <3

Looking good skoon. Personally, im Not a Fan of this supercropping before installing a Screen. I watched multiple Videos and grow Journals to See of it actually helps with yield. I think that it performs Well with some strains, Bit in the other Hand it doesnt with the Same strain or it was maybe the wrong timepoint when the gardener did that. All in all, too much maybes included when it comes to that massive supercropping. This is why i doent do this. Maybe i will do some experimenting one day, but in my eyes, this is a Thing when my Situation is comfortable enough to compensate for a possible Bad yield.

Why didnt i get Notifications from your thread? Im subscribed, but your Journal ist the only one where i get No E-Mails from. That sucks, because from all Journals, yours is the Most comparable to mine. It's a Journal that make me wanna get 110% success with my grow. Im that kinda person who wants to be competitive every time. And i thought, a more powerful bulb, more space and the faster medium than me should be a hard competitor to Beat in questions of growth Speed and yield per squaremeter/squarefeet. This is what makes me wanna figure Out all the little tweaks and tricks that other may Not know about.

So please Brother, keep growing with best possible success to make it as hard as possible for me to Match up <3

Im not confident and ready to enough to start super cropping. I think when i meant bending them over 90 degrees i simply meant LST, not supercropping :p There are a few supercropped shoots in my grow but thats purely due to accident and the occassional over bending ! I just installed the screen in the small box so will let them grow up into the net.

Not sure why you're not receiving notifications man! That sucks, sometimes the app for me doesnt send me notifications either, and the browser is terrible for following subscribed threads in my opinion. Im glad you're using my grow as a comparison, its always a good thing to do to try and strive to improve and get better by comparing yourself to others. Im also usually quite competitive so will be interesting to see how our results differ :p

I will most definitely try to keep up my work - but i dont really think im ahead of you. Your grow is looking real good and am looking forward to your finish.

Whats up everyone :)

Just a quick little update for you stoners. Had a constructive day today :) The ladies were looking much better this morning after yesterdays defol - all praying up to the light and stuff!

Today is day 23 for the GSC and LH

Made a secondary screen to better spread the future colas. Here it is in all its glory .
420-magazine-mobile2139880413.jpg

420-magazine-mobile423786261.jpg

Not much else to say about these ladies - the tallest shoot is now bent under the net (it happened while installing the screen and we figured we'd leave it like that as it was growing taller than the rest, it has made the canopy that little bit more even.

CLONES - DAY who the fuck knows :p

So i dont really know where they are exactly, so i will start counting days when i flip to bloom. Im hoping these girls will explode with new growth once the roots establish themselves in their new homes. We installed the scrog over these girls too. The net is about 25cm (10 inches) above the top of the pots. In a few days they should reach the net and we will begin tucking. Hopefully about 10-14 days of veg will be enough. We dont have too much vertical height so we will porbably tuck 10-14 days into switch so we have nice smallish colas (20-25cm) - similar to last my grow/

Pictures:
Before screen:
420-magazine-mobile203008234.jpg

Screen installed:
420-magazine-mobile1034687294.jpg

25cm gap. Enough to water and get my hands dirty if need be:
420-magazine-mobile32541558.jpg

Till next time peeps :Namaste::cheer:

Im not confident and ready to enough to start super cropping. I think when i meant bending them over 90 degrees i simply meant LST, not supercropping . There are a few supercropped shoots in my grow but thats purely due to accident and the occassional over bending ! I just installed the screen in the small box so will let them grow up into the net.

Not sure why you're not receiving notifications man! That sucks, sometimes the app for me doesnt send me notifications either, and the browser is terrible for following subscribed threads in my opinion. Im glad you're using my grow as a comparison, its always a good thing to do to try and strive to improve and get better by comparing yourself to others. Im also usually quite competitive so will be interesting to see how our results differ .

I will most definitely try to keep up my work - but i dont really think im ahead of you. Your grow is looking real good and am looking forward to your finish.
Maybe youre right, maybe Not, we will See. We can compare yield vs time vs space vs electric Power. Should be interesting.

Maybe youre right, maybe Not, we will See. We can compare yield vs time vs space vs electric Power. Should be interesting.

So tell me if im correct - youre running a 250w dual spectrum globe? And are in soil? Chem or organic nutes?

Excited :p

I see you got plenty done Skoon. Looking good my man. I didn't manage to defol yesterday, so will do it today. I harvested the outdoor exodus kush. That shit is rank. :thumb:

I see you got plenty done Skoon. Looking good my man. I didn't manage to defol yesterday, so will do it today. I harvested the outdoor exodus kush. That shit is rank. :thumb:

Yeah was a little constructive :p The defol definitely helped stop the stretch - officially safe to say they have stopped growing vertically - maybe there will be a tad more growth but not much more i imagine. Time for the buds to start stacking and swelling! PK boosting in 2 weeks (y).

Your girls are a few days behind (from switch) me but given my accident i think i am about a week behind you more or less. Can tell by the flower development, you're definitely a few days ahead. Fortunately for now it seems like not much else has gone wrong following our accident, hopefully theres still a chance at sensimilla :D

Looking good Skoon!

Thanks DeVille :D My favourite part of the grow is now here. Training is done, time to put them into cruise control and watch them get fat. Will set the timelapse up focused on one cola so we can really see bud development in slow mo :p

Thanks DeVille :D My favourite part of the grow is now here. Training is done, time to put them into cruise control and watch them get fat. Will set the timelapse up focused on one cola so we can really see bud development in slow mo :p
That would be very nice to See. Most of the timelapse Videos at YouTube are Just Day by Day Picture slideshows.

That would be very nice to See. Most of the timelapse Videos at YouTube are Just Day by Day Picture slideshows.

My camera takes photos every hour so it should look goood :D

Do you keep your phone plugged in the whole time that you are doing that?? I have an old Samsung Galaxy S4 that I could probably use to do that

Do you keep your phone plugged in the whole time that you are doing that?? I have an old Samsung Galaxy S4 that I could probably use to do that

Its not a phone :) If you look at the pics of my tent - you'll see an orange finger looking device with a curved top attached to the pole on the left handside. Thats the camera we use to make the time lapse's, its called an HTC Re camera. Nifty little thing and does a good job. The ipad you see hanging we use as an IP camera to check in on the grow when we arent around :D

Its not a phone :) If you look at the pics of my tent - you'll see an orange finger looking device with a curved top attached to the pole on the left handside. Thats the camera we use to make the time lapse's, its called an HTC Re camera. Nifty little thing and does a good job. The ipad you see hanging we use as an IP camera to check in on the grow when we arent around :D
Thats how i do it too. I mean that IP Cam Thing. Very nice to Monitor your temp and humidity while everything is closed.

Thats how i do it too. I mean that IP Cam Thing. Very nice to Monitor your temp and humidity while everything is closed.

Exactly! Plus we also did it to make sure the lights go off at the right times to not cause another fuck up like last time :p The app actually notifies us when it detects motion (lights off, lights on etc) so its quite cool

Small update :)

We are at day 25 since 12/12. I have looked at some fellow journals and based on their progress into flower, i estimate that where i am currently is probably around day 18-19 or so. So I made nutes today based on starting week 4 more or less. I used TheBlaze's journal for comparison. His ladies at day 20 were a little ahead of mine, and at day 25 are nowhere near the size of his. So yeah thats that. Also, the stretch is now definitely over. Unfortunately the canopy isn't very level and even, as a proper scrog should be. But hopefully with the air cooled hood we can get the light nice and close to reach the buds lower down. The added 4x85w CFL bulbs will also helps add some extra light to the edges of the grow.

Here are my notes for the feed i made today:
420-magazine-mobile2014885488.jpg

Some general pics:
420-magazine-mobile1095278621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2139121884.jpg

Here is a picture of the tallest shoot that was bent over when installing the screen and let that way as it was reaching higher than the rest. You can see it already growing vertical. Considering maybe doing the same for the other tall shoots, but might just leave it and see how it goes. A constant learning curve :tokin::nomo:
420-magazine-mobile1307778403.jpg

another:
420-magazine-mobile1708130024.jpg

Some close ups of the buds up top. Covered the hps with a book so i could take a semi decent photo. Based on these i say day 18-19. About a week behind where i should be as Assesino point out :D
420-magazine-mobile992925574.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1278380588.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1714617444.jpg

420-magazine-mobile655885644.jpg

6 GSC SCROG

The 6 young girls are going well. They have already reached the screen and soon we shall commence tucking. They are getting about 500ppm at the moment i think and no burnt tips. These two strains are quite tolerant of what they get. I wonder how much ppm the big GSC and LH will be able to endure.

420-magazine-mobile1495552062.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2098852761.jpg

Thats it for now folks :)

Back
Top Bottom