Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Wow, those are some bushy girls. They need a good bikini wax. LOL!

The idea with doing defoliation at 21 days, is that it is normally when plants stop stretching. It doesn't have to be 21 days. If you think the stretch has stopped, then defol.

They definitely do need a wax haha!

Will keep that in mind brother - less than 21 days may be a good thing as too much stretch isnt thaaaat welcomed with only a 400w hps!

Apparently Skoon likes bushy girls...disgusting if you ask me... Go down on that and come away with a new beard :rofl: think also if they stay that bushy it will cause a bit of problems down the road. Too many kop

I like all girls :p short girls, tall girls, skinny girls alllll girlssss haha

i will cut the GSC up a bit when the stretch is over - eliminate some shoots that are too bushed together. Keen :D

i must say i do love it when you stop by and talk kak in my journal :cheer::Namaste: My homegrown is almost finished. Will keep some for when i see you bru

Shot brother :D I see you're using the jiffy pellets too - just watch out that they don't dry out too much :D I learnt its all about patience really, consistent environment and you will have roots. May take a bit longer without the rooting gel,but plenty peeps root clones without rooting gel/powder!

Thats why i gave them Root Complex and Boost. The Triacontanol in it is one of the best possible Root accelaretor that is known. Hopefully, and with the help of that Fungus, i can match up the speed of rooting gel or even get faster. All in mind that i had taken my Clones while in Flower. I read that it may double the Time till roots show.

Thats why i gave them Root Complex and Boost. The Triacontanol in it is one of the best possible Root accelaretor that is known. Hopefully, and with the help of that Fungus, i can match up the speed of rooting gel or even get faster. All in mind that i had taken my Clones while in Flower. I read that it may double the Time till roots show.

Those additives will definitely help, they're probably similar to what's in rooting gel i imagine (my guess). Every time i've used mycorrhizae fungi my plants have thrived - the clones too were given some when being transplanted and they're all throwing out plenty new growth.

Regards to taking clones in flower i dont know much, besides just have that patience :p

Yo yo :cheer::cheer:

GSC and LH - DAY 14 since 12/12

They are stretching, saw them today after 2 days and noticeable difference obviously. Stretch is very much in full swing! Looking forward to doing some defol - there are leaves flipping everywhere. Will help a lot to open the canopy up as at the moment many buds sights are probably a bit shaded and its gotten so bushy its hard to tuck leaves because there is just growth everywhere!

Going to whip up some new nutes tomorrow, going to look to lower N and up the P and K slightly (Aiming for 2-2-3). Now that i have my 0-6-5 PK booster, im going to play around with the numbers in excel to hit the ratio perfectly hopefully! Also got some new 25L containers for the young clones next door as theyll need their own feed.

Here is a pic of them, again hard to really see whats going on in pictures, used 2 camera's this time as mine seems to show the lines a lot more:

Camera 1:
420-magazine-mobile1524308777.jpg

Camera 2:
420-magazine-mobile670952931.jpg

Camera 1:
420-magazine-mobile1220697051.jpg

Camera 2:
420-magazine-mobile1785044924.jpg

Camera 2:
420-magazine-mobile1644773920.jpg

CLONES

Seeing as i transplanted the clones yesterday, should i just call it day 1? I think i will do that for simplicity. So today is day 2, boom. They're getting watered once a day for now, will start feeding twice a day when i transplant into 3L pots in a week or so. All in all they seem to be happy, so im happy :)

Here are some pics i took today:

GSC clones:
420-magazine-mobile2099665500.jpg

LH ladies:
420-magazine-mobile773949463.jpg

GSC on the left, LH are the smaller clones almost on the far left:
420-magazine-mobile211843667.jpg

Question: If i let them veg for a week and then flipped them, keeping them in these small 10cm pots - what kind of result could i expect? Under a 250w HPS, guess you could call it a SOG. How many grams could i expect from a small plant like this?
This is hypothetical . Im just looking at them and loving the mini canopy theyre creating and thinking what would happen if i just switched to 12/12 and let them grow...

I like all girls . short girls, tall girls, skinny girls alllll girlssss haha

i will cut the GSC up a bit when the stretch is over - eliminate some shoots that are too bushed together. Keen :D

i must say i do love it when you stop by and talk kak in my journal :cheer::Namaste: My homegrown is almost finished. Will keep some for when i see you bru
Bru definitely :rofl: I finished my bigger plant's buds so now I still have a little left over from the smaller plant. Not gonna make it though :rofl: might have to acquire some outdoor genaidery till the end of Oct. We must check within a week or two bru stop by we smoke a bong. Enjoy it you know :passitleft:

Those additives will definitely help, they're probably similar to what's in rooting gel i imagine (my guess). Every time i've used mycorrhizae fungi my plants have thrived - the clones too were given some when being transplanted and they're all throwing out plenty new growth.

Regards to taking clones in flower i dont know much, besides just have that patience :p
Thanks for that Brother. I wouldnt have checked it without you telling me this. It was indeed very dry and i was able to get some water onto that Pellets. Not to much, hopefully enough :)

Oops, wrong quote. Was ment to be replying to the Post where you told me to Check the moisture of the Pellets
Haha no problem! Yeah I got caught out by it, so maybe that's why they took a bit longer to root

So, we just realised thanks to our timelapse camera that our timer was switched to off and therefore since we switched to HPS bulb on day 10, till today day 15 there was no dark period. So for 5 days we had 24 light. Quite frustrated, but these things happen and its just a lesson to always double check in future and constantly check up on these sorts of things.:Namaste:

Now question is - what is gonna happen to my babies? They probably reverted back to veg, but there are a hairs on both ladies, more so on the LH. Am i at risk of hermie? Or will they just go back into flower?

Please put me at ease :(

So, we just realised thanks to our timelapse camera that our timer was switched to off and therefore since we switched to HPS bulb on day 10, till today day 15 there was no dark period. So for 5 days we had 24 light. Quite frustrated, but these things happen and its just a lesson to always double check in future and constantly check up on these sorts of things.:Namaste:

Now question is - what is gonna happen to my babies? They probably reverted back to veg, but there are a hairs on both ladies, more so on the LH. Am i at risk of hermie? Or will they just go back into flower?

Man, wish I knew what to tell you. Sucks that it happened and I hope that it doesn't cause hermies brother. Will be paying attention to the outcome just to see what it causes (again, hopefully nothing).

Sorry Brother, i just dont know. But my Thumbs are up for them to not be hermies

5 days is quite a long time. Ouch. Keep a close eye on them for balls. If you see them, just remove them. I've done that. Twice on the same plant, and after the second time the balls didn't come back.

Timer errors everywhere (at least for the people I follow on here)! I'd programmed a timer wrong just recently but I always make sure the night I play with my timers that I stay up and check them. I usually go to sleep an hour or two before the timers shut off but its worth it to me to set an alarm or just stay up to check to make sure they are working right. I had an issue with my first grow and setting the timer right so I have been paranoid since.

I'm not sure if this will cause problems or not. My gut tells me that this probably caused a lot of stress at a bad time, likely leading to herming. However, maybe because they were in transition and not in full flower it might not be as problematic as I think. I really have no experience with this and have never had a plant herm on me yet so it's just guessing. I will hope for the best for ya!

Man, wish I knew what to tell you. Sucks that it happened and I hope that it doesn't cause hermies brother. Will be paying attention to the outcome just to see what it causes (again, hopefully nothing).

Sorry Brother, i just dont know. But my Thumbs are up for them to not be hermies

5 days is quite a long time. Ouch. Keep a close eye on them for balls. If you see them, just remove them. I've done that. Twice on the same plant, and after the second time the balls didn't come back.

Timer errors everywhere (at least for the people I follow on here)! I'd programmed a timer wrong just recently but I always make sure the night I play with my timers that I stay up and check them. I usually go to sleep an hour or two before the timers shut off but its worth it to me to set an alarm or just stay up to check to make sure they are working right. I had an issue with my first grow and setting the timer right so I have been paranoid since.

I'm not sure if this will cause problems or not. My gut tells me that this probably caused a lot of stress at a bad time, likely leading to herming. However, maybe because they were in transition and not in full flower it might not be as problematic as I think. I really have no experience with this and have never had a plant herm on me yet so it's just guessing. I will hope for the best for ya!

Thanks for the info you guys. Gonna look over for balls from now on. The plants are so bushy though, it will be quite hard to give a thorough look, especially at the back of the tent - but it will be done!

Coming to terms with the fact that my harvest may be full of speeds and less potent.. but you live and you learn. Who knows, maybe the genetics are strong and they'll shrug it off, but maybe not.. Time will tell.. Definitely wont be making any timer mistakes again!

Thanks for the good luck and wishes. Hope they pull through. On the bright side, i do have plenty clones and the side grow we are planning will hopefully give us some nice sensimilia GSC bud! Swapping a GSC clone for a Cocoa Kush clone so will have a bit of extra variety in the side grow :D

Will monitor the situation and keep you all updated :)

I'll have a DC OG and Vanilla Kush in a few weeks time, these are both clones and looking good so far.
Vanilla
420-magazine-mobile1149339083.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1271088797.jpg

DC OG
420-magazine-mobile1600140411.jpg

The DC is pure indicated with 26% THC

We can do a swap if your up for more strains bud.

I'll have a DC OG and Vanilla Kush in a few weeks time, these are both clones and looking good so far.
Vanilla
420-magazine-mobile1149339083.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1271088797.jpg

DC OG
420-magazine-mobile1600140411.jpg

The DC is pure indicated with 26% THC

We can do a swap if your up for more strains bud.

Nice looking clones Justin, they look happy ad healthy.

Hello everyone :)

Still feeling the effects of our mistake, but nonetheless we will strive on.

I'm not too sure what day to call the ladies now? LOL. They had a good 4-5 days of no darkness, therefore probably safe to say they started to transition back to veg. We are monitoring new bud sites to see if hairs are throwing out to figure out where we are in the transition or what not.

If they did go back into veg and now will go back into flower, can i expect new stretch all over again? Will they stretch as if they just got put into flower? Or will they stretch less? I imagine the first will probably happen. Hopefully this wont cause height problems for us.

It should be DAY 17 since flip now, but now im not sure what to really call it. Should i reset and start from day 1 again? Guess this isnt a very common issue so yeah.. Will just read the ladies over the next few days to try and figure out where exactly they are in the cycle.

Should i switch back to the Metal Halide to reduce the stretch as much as possible? We are looking into creating a negative DIF between night and day time temps to reduce stem elongation too. Maybe a heater on a timer during lights out to get temps above 21 deg.

Here is what they look like now:

Not really sure if this is stretch or just vertical growth from the short veg stint - FML (if it did in fact reveg - i read somewhere it takes a week to fully revert?):
420-magazine-mobile1445127698.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1389286130.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1534190598.jpg

420-magazine-mobile153249097.jpg

The temp situation in the flower tent: A bit chilly but they will handle it fine im sure - 18 degrees is when lights are out. The temp range for flower i read to be 18-26 deg C so i'm happy with it. Might look to get it a degree or two higher though:
420-magazine-mobile615821511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom