Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

My guess is that you just stressed them out for 5 days and they probably froze. Will likely stretch a little more and then keep popping out hairs. I doubt you got them to go all the way back into veg mode. You are probably just a week behind. There are some people who top or defoliate on purpose during stretch. It slows the stretch way down because the plant has to recover and then once the plant recovers it stretches just a little more instead of a lot more. I personally don't like that idea but to each their own. I also don't have those kind of height limitations that they did.

Honestly I think you won't see any balls. You'll likely either see them start to stretch a little again or they will start pumping out hairs and the stretch is over and they will just move on. I don't switch around my lights as I use all LEDs but I don't think I'd mess with anything else at this point. Another error with the timer or something might just push the plants to the edge. Take a deep breath, then take a deep puff and sit back and watch. In my opinion there isn't much you can do to change what is going to happen in the next week or so.

I would be under that canopy like crazy. Could easily herm them or you could get some nanners from being like that for 4 to 5 days. Photoperiod stress has taken its toll in my garden.

Your girls are looking good so far but Just make sure ya watch out man!

My guess is that you just stressed them out for 5 days and they probably froze. Will likely stretch a little more and then keep popping out hairs. I doubt you got them to go all the way back into veg mode. You are probably just a week behind. There are some people who top or defoliate on purpose during stretch. It slows the stretch way down because the plant has to recover and then once the plant recovers it stretches just a little more instead of a lot more. I personally don't like that idea but to each their own. I also don't have those kind of height limitations that they did.

Honestly I think you won't see any balls. You'll likely either see them start to stretch a little again or they will start pumping out hairs and the stretch is over and they will just move on. I don't switch around my lights as I use all LEDs but I don't think I'd mess with anything else at this point. Another error with the timer or something might just push the plants to the edge. Take a deep breath, then take a deep puff and sit back and watch. In my opinion there isn't much you can do to change what is going to happen in the next week or so.

Thanks for your words! Gonna go take a look at them today. This kind of put me at ease a bit! Don't want to stress them out anymore so will let them be, just keep feeding them and making sure they're happy as can be.

But yeah, all we have changed for now is bringing night and day temps closer together to prevent a bit of stretch, if it helps. Will also not play around with the lights, just keep feeding them bloom nutes and see how they go!

Hopefully those hairs start shooting out soon!

Deep breath taken, deep toke taken too. Will see how things progress! . .

What about bringing the light closer? That should help to Control the Stretch.
We might do so a bit!. your clones are looking good by the way! Roots soon I'm sure

I would be under that canopy like crazy. Could easily herm them or you could get some nanners from being like that for 4 to 5 days. Photoperiod stress has taken its toll in my garden.

Your girls are looking good so far but Just make sure ya watch out man!

So far haven't seen any balls! But will definitely give them a thorough look over later on. Hopefully there will be no seeds, but I've kind of accepted it already if it happens to be the case !

Clone update:

Really happy with these clones, going strong and have found new homes for most of them! No culling will be done .

The day they were transplanted:
420-magazine-mobile1233041972.jpg

This was yesterday, 5 days after transplant:
420-magazine-mobile1358536809.jpg

The clones were taken from the mothers on the 6th of June, so we are about 19 days old :)

Those clones are amazing man. What is your process?

Thanks brother :) Process is the same as what most do i imagine!

Soaked jiffy pellets in light bloom solution, rinsed excess water out of them. Then took the cuttings, scraped the bottom of the stem where i wanted roots to grow with a razor blade and then dipped them into rooting gel. I then placed them in the jiffy pellets, and then into a humidity dome with no vents. Kept misting them (once in the morning and once in the evening, this is also when the dome came off to exchange the air), as well as the jiffy pellets as they got quite dry until i started making sure they were always a bit moist. Humidity was in the high 70-90 region. Temps were between 22-25 degrees i think. We had a heat mad under them but placed some newspaper between the mat and the dome to make sure it didn't get too hot.

Nothing special was done, just patience and consistency with the environment. We only took the dome off completely after transplant as they simply dried out too much (our air is quite dry).

Clones look awesome Skoon!!! Great job buddy!

Thanks brother! Took a few tips out of your attempt! :D

Whats up peeps :)

Just a quick update from yesterday's visit. Yesterday was DAY 18 since i flipped to 12/12, and about 3 days since our timer fuck up. They're definitely still growing vertical. Quite a bit too - probably about an inch or so of growth over night. There are also fuck loads of shoots, some too close to each other. These will be dealt with after the stretch when i defoliate.

Also thinking that a secondary net will be useful for support and to bend some stems into open areas. Bigger squares, just to almost guide colas into certain places.

The ladies are definitely drinking less now. For the first 10 days or so since flip they started drinking almost 2L each in the morning to get some runoff. Now 1.2-1.5L gives sufficient run off. Was this extra uptake due to the stretch? And the lower uptake now a sign of the stretch coming to an end? It could also probably have something to do with the timer fuck up.

Took these two leaves off of the GSC, may this be a iron deficiency or something in its early stages? These were taken near the tops. I need to remind myself of the deficiency charts .
420-magazine-mobile1705069015.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1691918469.jpg

Took photos when the lights were off for a minute so you can see the vertical shoots. Without flash, all you really see is just a big ass bush! Also took photos with lights on with normal auto white balance and the incandescent filter. You can see for yourself below . These ladies definitely need a good defol, theyre so bushy and full of leaves. As soon as we see the stretch finish we will get onto that. I did pluck a few huge fan leaves because we couldnt have them and because if it helps slow the stretch a bit then good :D

Here are some pictures:
420-magazine-mobile629741375.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1194769099.jpg

420-magazine-mobile89697889.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1910172573.jpg

420-magazine-mobile416483213.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1912411414.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2057091378.jpg

420-magazine-mobile487284864.jpg

The LH has progressed quicker than the GSC in terms of flower development, this is from the LH
420-magazine-mobile598475201.jpg

Here are two before and after pics, showing the growth over night.

1. Before:
420-magazine-mobile1791101330.jpg

1. Next day, same shoot is almost inline with the top of the ruler. It's a 30cm ruler.
420-magazine-mobile1554717529.jpg

2. Before. Kinda in line with the ruler
420-magazine-mobile735672698.jpg

2. Next day. Same shoot is above ruler height.
420-magazine-mobile1409798934.jpg

Also got a picture of one of the GSC clones, plenty internodes about to shoot out. For the 6 GSC I'm going to grow in 1Gallon pots I'm going to bend them over 90 degrees (good thing they're lanky and easy to LST) and throw a scrog over them and let the new shoots grow up to the net. The box is 3.6ft x 1.7ft. 6 plants should fill the screen really quick !

420-magazine-mobile2050442165.jpg

Thanks for the info brother. I have a bubble cloner, but I think I will try this out. :thumb:

Whats up all :)

DAY 21 since 12/12

So the big girls are doing well - they seem to maybe have brushed off the accident we had a bit, but i also cant really tell because it was impossible to look over ever bud site for balls. So we will see when smoking time comes if they threw out any seeds.

Other than that it looks like the stretch is slowly coming to an end and soon (maybe even tomorrow) i will defoliate them properly. They are both throwing out plenty hairs too, but are both also very bushy and covered with fan leaves. So they will get a good trimming to open up the canopy considerably. I will take pics of the bud sites and stuff tomorrow when we turn the light off for a second to raise it. Its hard to see close up bud shots with the HPS on.

Tomorrow we will also set up the secondary net which will act as support, and to also separate colas that are too close to each other at the moment. Will also trim away shoots that are still quite small, so that that energy can be transferred to the bigger colas/shoots.

Here are some pics:

Can see the shoots growing up to the light, its relatively cool up there so they aren't unhappy about it. Tomorrow we shall be raising the light again a bit so the light can reach all of the canopy sufficiently. We are also considering hanging 4 x 85w 6500k CFL bulbs in each corner of the tent/or in between colas where there is space - temps are quite low so we can have a bit more heat and the extra light may assist in a few extra grams .
420-magazine-mobile1606922176.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1274054166.jpg

420-magazine-mobile676731566.jpg

They will probably look quite different tomorrow once all the defol and trimming is done!

CLONES - Day 23 since they were cut off their mothers

Today i did some transplanting. Took the 6 strongest GSC cuttings and planted them in square +-4.3L pots (a little over a gallon)These will be their final homes. Did the usual preparation of the coco. Rinsed with tap water until run off was that of the tap water. Then buffered the coco with calmag, grow, micro and bloom solution which was ph'ed to 5.7-5.8. I then dug holes for the new plants, threw in some mycroroot (good funghi) to encourage a good environment for roots to thrive and there they were in their new homes. I gave them a light water and they are now ready to veg for a bit before flipping.

Tomorrow, we will also set up the scrog in the small box so that the 6 GSC ladies can start growing up into the screen. Hopefully they wont need more than 2 weeks to fill up most of the scrog so we can flip!

I also topped all 6 of them, so they can start getting bushier and focus on growth of the lower shoots. Should i bend them over 90 degrees and then let them grow up into the scrog? Or should i let them grow vertical up to the scrog and then begin tucking?

Here are some pics of the clones and what went on today:

There are still 4 LH clones on either side of the 6 GSC pots in case you were wondering.

420-magazine-mobile1080383586.jpg

420-magazine-mobile809372502.jpg

The last two to be transplanted:
420-magazine-mobile1030435696.jpg

In their new homes:
420-magazine-mobile1798382511.jpg

420-magazine-mobile521371113.jpg

Thats all from me now peeps! Been quite dormant on the forums over the last few days, busy with interviews and meetings and such - adulting .

See you next time :Namaste:

Good luck on your adulting. If you topped your clones then I would just let them grow into the net. No need to bend them over. You'll likely trim some of the lower stuff off later.

I must say props on this journal Skoon. I feel like I'm reading my old SCROG journal. You are correct on all the things you want to do to defoliate. I try not to go too incredibly hard on this, the goal is light distribution and air movement. Try to save as many leaves as you can that aren't blocking other budsights. Definitely get rid of the tiny branches and inner stuff below the net that you just know aren't going to get light. Once they've stopped stretching you know they won't get anymore vertical so if it's below the net, goodbye! Do you have a fan blowing under the canopy for air movement?

It's so much fun to watch someone do a SCROG well. It's a lot of work and I know the results will come for you. Keep it up dude!

Great journal and garden skoondawg!! I just harvested a lemon haze and it was grade A top shelf smoke. Very strong lemon smell and flavor. She gets tall as u can see bt it's well worth it in the end. I'll be tuned in for that and the gsc. I haven't tried it bt have a IHG cross that I just ordered with it in it and have heard great things about it!

They look fantastic SD! Nice and big. Those clones are super healthy as well man.

I will also be defoliating tomorrow. A bit of a pain in the ass, but necessary I believe.

Good luck on your adulting. If you topped your clones then I would just let them grow into the net. No need to bend them over. You'll likely trim some of the lower stuff off later.

I must say props on this journal Skoon. I feel like I'm reading my old SCROG journal. You are correct on all the things you want to do to defoliate. I try not to go too incredibly hard on this, the goal is light distribution and air movement. Try to save as many leaves as you can that aren't blocking other budsights. Definitely get rid of the tiny branches and inner stuff below the net that you just know aren't going to get light. Once they've stopped stretching you know they won't get anymore vertical so if it's below the net, goodbye! Do you have a fan blowing under the canopy for air movement?

It's so much fun to watch someone do a SCROG well. It's a lot of work and I know the results will come for you. Keep it up dude!

Thanks Ase! Always appreciate your words! I gave them a good defol today, will update shortly! Opened up the canopy nicely - finally have light reaching the floor again - it was basically dark under the net! I'd like to think i didnt go too hard on them today, though a fair amount of leaves were taken off as well as quite a few branches on the GSC - definitely a very bushy lady :p

I do have a fan down below, keeping that air fresh and moving. There is definitely no room for mold in my grow :p

Keep well brother!

Back
Top Bottom