Skoondawg's Coco Grow - GSC and Lemon Haze - SCROG - 400w HPS - 2nd Grow

Learning lesson on that SCROG in terms of them being different heights. The first run with a real SCROG attempt is definitely a learning experience. The second round is always a lot more fun because you figure out how hard you can really train them against the net horizontally to make it so it's nice and even! I've seen a couple journals where they let them stretch and then turn around and weave ALL of the branches into the net. The budsights grow towards the light and basically just grow vertical right from the top of the net. You just have lots of small nugs sticking above the net when it's done. Seems like too much stress during flowering for my liking. You are going to have good results but I know if you had another attempt you'd get everything nice and even.

I always looked at mistakes or things I wasn't happy with as learning curves. I still learn all the time. As long as the "uh-oh's" don't cost you a grow or impact your yield massively than the experience you are getting this grow is invaluable. Still looking great and the supplemental CFLs should help those corners.

Small update :)

We are at day 25 since 12/12. I have looked at some fellow journals and based on their progress into flower, i estimate that where i am currently is probably around day 18-19 or so. So I made nutes today based on starting week 4 more or less. I used TheBlaze's journal for comparison. His ladies at day 20 were a little ahead of mine, and at day 25 are nowhere near the size of his. So yeah thats that. Also, the stretch is now definitely over. Unfortunately the canopy isn't very level and even, as a proper scrog should be. But hopefully with the air cooled hood we can get the light nice and close to reach the buds lower down. The added 4x85w CFL bulbs will also helps add some extra light to the edges of the grow.

Here are my notes for the feed i made today:
420-magazine-mobile2014885488.jpg

Some general pics:
420-magazine-mobile1095278621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2139121884.jpg

Here is a picture of the tallest shoot that was bent over when installing the screen and let that way as it was reaching higher than the rest. You can see it already growing vertical. Considering maybe doing the same for the other tall shoots, but might just leave it and see how it goes. A constant learning curve :tokin::nomo:
420-magazine-mobile1307778403.jpg

another:
420-magazine-mobile1708130024.jpg

Some close ups of the buds up top. Covered the hps with a book so i could take a semi decent photo. Based on these i say day 18-19. About a week behind where i should be as Assesino point out :D
420-magazine-mobile992925574.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1278380588.jpg

GSC:
420-magazine-mobile1714617444.jpg

420-magazine-mobile655885644.jpg

6 GSC SCROG

The 6 young girls are going well. They have already reached the screen and soon we shall commence tucking. They are getting about 500ppm at the moment i think and no burnt tips. These two strains are quite tolerant of what they get. I wonder how much ppm the big GSC and LH will be able to endure.

420-magazine-mobile1495552062.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2098852761.jpg

Thats it for now folks :)
I dont know where you are from skoon, America or Europe, but Check Out These Gadgets. If you ever heared of Method 7 Glasses, this is the cheaper alternative which works absolutely perfect. You will be able to See better, and Like the manufacturer says, grow better. It really is Like that. As soon as i got them, i asked myself how it was possible to grow without or Look into that bright HPS light for hours without wearing These. This is the US Link, they are 14 Dollars. In Europe you will pay 5€ for this Glasses.
Active Eye AEGL Active Eye Growroom Glasses

1666419427854.png

You have everything looking quite awesome.
Great pics too.

Cheers.

Thanks Ditch. Nice coming from a green thumb :p Hope you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to chime in - even if its criticism :p

Mooi Skoon. Btw my bud is almost finished so if you still want to swing by let me know. You been quiet the last few weeks

Will make a plan with you. Might have to find something else to smoke, mine is also almost finish too LOL:volcano-smiley:

Learning lesson on that SCROG in terms of them being different heights. The first run with a real SCROG attempt is definitely a learning experience. The second round is always a lot more fun because you figure out how hard you can really train them against the net horizontally to make it so it's nice and even! I've seen a couple journals where they let them stretch and then turn around and weave ALL of the branches into the net. The budsights grow towards the light and basically just grow vertical right from the top of the net. You just have lots of small nugs sticking above the net when it's done. Seems like too much stress during flowering for my liking. You are going to have good results but I know if you had another attempt you'd get everything nice and even.

I always looked at mistakes or things I wasn't happy with as learning curves. I still learn all the time. As long as the "uh-oh's" don't cost you a grow or impact your yield massively than the experience you are getting this grow is invaluable. Still looking great and the supplemental CFLs should help those corners.

Yeah the last grow i got a more decent spread in the canopy, because it was less bushy and a smaller net so it was easier to manage. I was busy with studying during the tucking phase so i think i was unable to properly train them flat and hence when we switched to flower we already had a lot of shoots growing up while some had just been tucked - hence the uneven canopy. The GSC especially was really bushy and filled the net really quick so tucking was difficult and this is the result.

We are starting the 6 GSC in the smaller screen again so we will see how that one goes, it will need to be more even as the light is only 250w HPS so it wont shine very deep.

Definitely see all mistakes as a learning curve too man. No more timer issues, no more not pre charging the coco, no more forgetting to check ppm/ph. One step back but two steps forward :thumb::Namaste:

I dont know where you are from skoon, America or Europe, but Check Out These Gadgets. If you ever heared of Method 7 Glasses, this is the cheaper alternative which works absolutely perfect. You will be able to See better, and Like the manufacturer says, grow better. It really is Like that. As soon as i got them, i asked myself how it was possible to grow without or Look into that bright HPS light for hours without wearing These. This is the US Link, they are 14 Dollars. In Europe you will pay 5€ for this Glasses.

Active Eye AEGL Active Eye Growroom Glasses

From South Africa brother :)

I have seen the HPS glasses, probably something i should invest in. I will do so soon. The amazon link is awesome and quite affordable too and only 7 dollars shipping to SA. The local hydro stores here want like 50 dollars. Quite a joke how much mark up they are always throwing onto their products. If it will help me grow better then i probably will purchase off that link soon. Thank you Mr Croc!:adore:

Will make a plan with you. Might have to find something else to smoke, mine is also almost finish too LOL:volcano-smiley:
CABBAGE!! ABSOLUTELY CABBAGERY!! :rofl: on a more serious note you wanker you already got the job so no more excuses for not swining by. I still have some of that hash left for us

Did I miss something here? Is he on vacation or something? Wake up Skoon.

No not vacation, quite the opposite actually. Started my first corporate job - gotta learn the industry before breaking away and starting something on my own. So for now im a slave to the system.. Barely finding the time to browse others' journals besides posting in my own.

Plus the longer the breaks, the more you see the progression. The next update will be considerably different to the last one in terms of progress which everyone likes to see!

Once i settle into the new job i should be able to post more and all that!

Hello all - its been about two weeks since i last posted. So this update should be more interesting for those who have stuck around :)

GSC and LH

We flipped about 40 days ago, but given the unfortunate timer mess up, i estimate my ladies around about day 30 or so given the 5 days of no dark period after two being weeks into flower. Please let me know your opinions on what week im in based on bud development. I thought i was about 5 days behind, but it seems a bit more now. Ive compared to few other journals and im definitely behind.

In terms of nutrients. I made nutes 2 days ago and i prepared nutes based on starting week 5 more or less. Therefore my NPK is around 1-2-3. Come week 6 ill really start increasing the PK. I started using my PK booster in this nute batch, the following batch will see quite a bit more added to really hit that 1-5-4 ratio. My batch was ph'ed to 5.7 (it drifts up ever so slightly up to about 6 over a good couple days). PPM is sitting at 800. Following week will pump up to 900. Also been easing off on the calmag a bit. Only including about 150ppm to my feeds now (probably still quite a bit but hey . )

In terms of light. They definitely are craving more light. The little 400w is doing its best but obviously a 600w could easily be in there, maybe even a 1000w. At the moment we are battling to keep temps up to be honest. Lights on temps are about 21-22 degrees, while lights off drops down to about 18 degrees. This is just fine for them but for the clones in veg 18C is probably stunting them a bit. We are working on it though. In the big tent we are going to add 4 85w CFL bulbs to hang in each corner. That is where the light is lacking as buds are noticeably smaller on the outskirts. This might also add a few extra grams too.

Anyway, ill let the pictures do the talking :) please excuse the shitty pics, my phone is lagging behind. Taking pictures with the lights off is a joke.

420-magazine-mobile835226038.jpg

420-magazine-mobile291707974.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1410887478.jpg

Lemon haze:
420-magazine-mobile2129876070.jpg

GSC
420-magazine-mobile551100000.jpg

GSC
420-magazine-mobile1243348099.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile770784943.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile2042388829.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile508535023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1510721561.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1341125146.jpg

6 GSC Clones

The 6 clones are well on their way in the smaller box. We flipped to 12/12 today as the net is already quite full and we dont want a repeat of what happened in the tent - way too many shoots and not enough organization. but again, these are things we learn through experience and can improve on.

They're getting around 600ppm at the moment. NPK is around 3-1-3. Will better it next batch I make, didn't have my excel spreadsheet with me to calculate ratios.

We plan to tuck for about 8-10 days after which we will tuck all the shoots one last time and then let them grow vertical. The plan is to have the canopy much more even compared to the tent. If i could repeat my first grows performance id be happy. We will also switch the 250w MH for an HPS bulb after 8 or so days. We dont want much stretch in this box - height is an issue. On top of that we have two 85w CFL's on either side of the 250w MH. The box is too long for the 250 to shine everywhere therefore the two CFL's will help on the edges.

Some pics:

420-magazine-mobile880435485.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1173837664.jpg

250w MH in the centre, 85w CFL on either side:
420-magazine-mobile556658050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1667259543.jpg

Hope you are all keeping super irie. I definitely enjoy getting high after a long days work. Feels more rewarding when youre working over studying .

Big love to all :Namaste:

He is dealing with adult life, however adulting is making him its bitch currently. Have been trying to get him over to my new place for a month and a half already .

I work the corporate grind so I feel the pain. I made the move from salary back to hourly and still make about the same but I'm off at 1:30pm everyday and if they need me to stay it's all overtime now. I'm sure you'll have your bromance back shortly Pat! Adulting is a bitch until you get a routine down. Then all you do is pray for a vacation to break the routine. It's a vicious cycle.

I work the corporate grind so I feel the pain. I made the move from salary back to hourly and still make about the same but I'm off at 1:30pm everyday and if they need me to stay it's all overtime now. I'm sure you'll have your bromance back shortly Pat! Adulting is a bitch until you get a routine down. Then all you do is pray for a vacation to break the routine. It's a vicious cycle.
LoL bru tell me about it. I work in a hotel as a night manager so only work night shift. I had last night off after working 7 nights in a row, back at it again for another 7 to only get one day off again. It rapes the butt, I know though he has got to make a good impression. He is working in the same area as me now but he is on day shift while I am on night

Haha exactly as you say, once the routine is down it'll get better. The routine is slowly getting better. The adjusting is real. Plus its winter now so waking up when its still dark sucks ass. Looking forward to summer as well as some GSC and LH to come home to after a long days work :) Couple weeks to go!

Skoon it is looking frosty. But don't be a stranger. If I wanted to penetrate your butthole, I would have already. Also I want you to feel like a wanker for not growing the GG first so come look at my girl when you have time :thumb:

Lol you're growing it first so i can see how she grows and all that shit for when its my turn to pop my GG seed! :p :Namaste:

Hey all :) Some updates for the community.

GSC and LH - around about day 34 from flip supposedly

Since its around the start of week 5/6 i hit the PK hard when i made my nute batch yesterday. NPK for it was 1:hug:5 more or less and right about 900ppm. Ph at 5.7 and will most likely drift up to about 5.9 before it's done and the new batch is made.

The time lapse camera that you see focused on one bud in these pictures was taken out. The result of it is pretty crappy with all the lines from the magnetic ballast so we scrapped it and from now that will no longer be there. The pictures were taken yesterday prior to the removal of the camera, so the next update you'll see no camera but you will see 4 extra 85w CFL globes. Here is one installed for now (we added a cheap reflector too). The corners are seriously lacking light so hopefully one of these in each corner will help out a little. Every extra bit of light will help. Due to the mishap, there was probably more stretch than anticipated so unfortunately our shoots are too long for our 400w light to penetrate sufficiently. I really hope with the PK boost they will stack a bit! The smaller grow that's about 5 weeks behind will hopefully turn out a lot better.

Here are a bunch of snaps. I'm struggling with decent light so most of the pictures are quite average and i do apologise for it :)

420-magazine-mobile404945505.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1423267568.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1847053017.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile2018575884.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile1973008244.jpg

LH:
420-magazine-mobile746697679.jpg

420-magazine-mobile934086898.jpg

GSC - she definitely smells like cookies
420-magazine-mobile1391221403.jpg

One of these in each four corners:
420-magazine-mobile755686114.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1065438220.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1838524654.jpg

6 GSC CLONES - 6 days from 12/12

These are going well, they're filling up the screen quite quickly too. Did a lot of tucking and got most of the screen tucked as best i could, also had to take a few big fan leaves off too. I unfortunately did not defoliate prior to switching to 12/12 so will have to do a proper defol on top and under the screen after the stretch finishes. After this tuck, we will probably have about one more (maybe two) good tucking session(s) before we will let them grow vertical. Hoping for about 15-20cm vertical buds with probably a fair amount of horizontal buds too.

Theyre still transitioning to 12/12 so i tried to give them a balanced NPK of about 2-2-2 but due to my individual nute npk ratio's i could only manage 1.3 - 1 - 2.1. Im sure they will be fine though. Hitting about 650ppm and ph also at about 5.7-5.8.

Pics:
Before tuck:
420-magazine-mobile1748458639.jpg

Before tuck:
420-magazine-mobile1414442320.jpg

Definitely needs a trim, once stretch ends though:
420-magazine-mobile1773971569.jpg

Other side:
420-magazine-mobile1787165295.jpg

After some tucking:
420-magazine-mobile664661966.jpg

Tucked: