Skunnymonster's Multi-Strain Perpetual LED Grow

There's also the bonus of all the extra strains I can grow :)
When I was upstairs just then, I was thinking back to when I went to my mates with the purp. After his 1st draw on a joint his words were "Fcuk me, that's tasty" & it is :) That's my favourite bit about these LED's they're perfect for the connoisseur, & I am a connoisseur after all :)

I'm hoping to hear from my lazy ass LED guy tomorrow, if he's got any built I'll send him my lolly :)

There could be something in it, they are the same plant but in different pots at the end of the day.
I was reading something the other day where tomato plants produced better results when they had this particular plant next to it. I can't remember the details exactly but this plant acted as a defence against something or other & the tomatos knew about it so yielded loads more fruit. They did it with a plant that was a threat & the yield was poor. They even did the test with a partition wall between & they somehow knew the plant was there & reacted accordingy. Dead weird.

What was the name of the plant Skunny?

Your update photos look just wonderful.

WJ

Companion planting.

We have basil under our tomatos - repels insects and disease, improves growth and flavour. Repels mosquitoes and flies (even fruit flies).. And Nasturtium everywhere. The herb Borage is supposed to be excellent with them. These tend to repel or take the brunt of any attacks, and the basil and tomatoes seem to get along well...carrots and tomatoes is another good combination.

Its like soeing peas or legumes in a field, the root nodes fix nitrogen in the soil, we plow that in, as a green manure after it's finished, and we've got lovely base for the veggies.

So with companion planting you find that one plant uses nutrients in a way that is symbiotic with another plant so that together they help each other rather than competing for resources in the soil.

It works!

Now, on that dog hair....

Have you any ideas on keeping squirrels out of the tomatoes?

I grow six plants in recycling hempys outside in the spring through fall. I grow them inside to keep the tomato plants going. I have been growing them for 4 years, same plants. Indeterminate
type plants, like photoperiod cannabis, and they grow in a vine. Mine get to about 25-30 feet long. I take clones in November to grow out in the basement to plant in the spring. This is the first year they'll be in a 4x8x7 tent under LED. I used two 250 actual watts Agro CFLs for the past three years. Never got tomatoes but I think I will this year.

But I do have trouble with squirrels outside. Thanks for any help.

WJ

Thanks WJ, I seem to think it was basil :)

That's so funny. I always grow my Basil in dirt in the basement and move it to the kitchen in spring. This year I will grow one in my recycling hempy along with my tomatoes and move it outside with them in March. I've only seen two large green and white larvae with what looks like spines on it's back on the underside of a couple tomato leaves, outside. There have never been any bugs in the basement. Except for the dang house spiders. I bomb the basement twice a year to keep the wife happy.

WJ

That's a great idea, I was talking to Tassie about it & it's know as companion planting. You should have a chat with him, he likes to grow his own veg & is familiar with what goes well with what :)

Your lights just show how top quality weed they produce mate...you also have a green finger mate your ladies always look awesome..

Thats just scissor hash on his finger mate:):rofl:

Have you any ideas on keeping squirrels out of the tomatoes?

I grow six plants in recycling hempys outside in the spring through fall. I grow them inside to keep the tomato plants going. I have been growing them for 4 years, same plants. Indeterminate
type plants, like photoperiod cannabis, and they grow in a vine. Mine get to about 25-30 feet long. I take clones in November to grow out in the basement to plant in the spring. This is the first year they'll be in a 4x8x7 tent under LED. I used two 250 actual watts Agro CFLs for the past three years. Never got tomatoes but I think I will this year.

But I do have trouble with squirrels outside. Thanks for any help.

WJ

Squirrel problem equals a .22 long rifle and a pot to boil them in:).....yum yum:)......pellet rifle works too:)......this probably wont do WJ, but i had too:):rofl:

I just took two cuttings off my rosemary plant in the backyard to use as companion plants in my tents. Seems I have an outbreak of mites. Some homemade miticide, and companion plants should make quick work of that though. I will be doing a garlic and chive plant in there as well as critters seem to hate those plants too. I will grow tomatoes this summer and make pizza :)

I just took two cuttings off my rosemary plant in the backyard to use as companion plants in my tents. Seems I have an outbreak of mites. Some homemade miticide, and companion plants should make quick work of that though. I will be doing a garlic and chive plant in there as well as critters seem to hate those plants too. I will grow tomatoes this summer and make pizza :)

Way to go SweetLeef. Never had any trouble with "critters" except squirrels and deer. But I do Hempy.

WJ

Skunny, you are probably sleeping but I am going to show you my F&V now. I just took some photos.
I am using a Mars II 900 watt for this Fast and Vast Auto. For whatever reason this pheno is 135 days old. She smells exactly like the one she was planted with but harvested in 59 days. Heavyweight assured me that she is a Fast and Vast. In the strain information they say she can harvest up to 800 grams per sq meter.
She has been fed GH FloraNova with their Simple Drain to Waste schedule. With 5ml CaliMagic per gallon. Fed 1 gallon of GH FloraNova every day. She is in a 3 gallon Hempy.

Here are some pictures I took this evening... Sorry they are so bad. I don't see well and I have shakey hands.

There are trichomes on everything, even petioles

trichs_on_everything.JPG

Here is her top half. I didn't get a shot of the bottom part, sorry.

top_half.JPG

For size comparison I added a 1 Gallon water jug

with_gallon_jug.JPG

Here is her Tip Top

tip_top1.JPG

Here is the top of her central cola

The_Top.JPG

Here is that same cola about 4" down

main_cola_mid.JPG

Trichomes are still clear

still_clear.JPG

Hope you enjoy the pictures. It would never have gotten this large without my MarsHydro's Mars II. She is 5'9" today. I didn't take enough photos to show how deep into the growth the flowers are. No matter what she gives, it will make me my medicine.

WJ
:geek:

I'd go with Dirty & get yourself some shooting practice on the squirrels :)

I'm not in bed yet WJ & it was worth staying up to see FnV, she looks amazing brother. She still looks in early flower too, more like three weeks so I think you're in for a long ride with her but she's going to yield BIG :) I know you didn't want such a beast but you gotta love her :circle-of-love:

I have tried shooting them. Funny to see a three legged squirrel. There are so many my son even stomped one when it was running by. They pulled the white fiber out of the chairs on the deck and built a nest up in the trees. Big white nest. But I bet it was warm.

I've trapped them and taken them miles across a river. I don't know if they came back but some did. They steal tomatoes and only eat the top. They have broken a vine that was ten feet long, fortuantely it still grew another sucker.

I have seen so many chasing a female it looked like a Chinese dragon in motion. No hunting where I live. I swear ten deer live in my back yard. I have to screen my dirt gardens for deer. Wife grows squash and beans. I grow herbs. Deer love squash and bean plants.

I'll try anything. I have peed everywhere, a suggestion from a neighbor. Didn't work.

WJ

Hey WJ....i googled how to keep squirrels out of your veggies and it says that you can lay garlic around the plants as well as hot peppers and animal urine...........also it says that they dont really like veggies so if you set up a feeding station for the squirrels away from your garden and keep up with it they will naturally go where the food is better......i hope some of this helps:)

I'd go with Dirty & get yourself some shooting practice on the squirrels :)

I'm not in bed yet WJ & it was worth staying up to see FnV, she looks amazing brother. She still looks in early flower too, more like three weeks so I think you're in for a long ride with her but she's going to yield BIG :) I know you didn't want such a beast but you gotta love her :circle-of-love:

I agree about three more weeks, but we'll see for sure. I will be harvesting just the center when the trichomes are milky. I'll let the outer grow longer. I'll wrap a rope around her and squeeze the outer limbs together to give all of her more central light. Don't know what it will do if anything, but I won't be able to harvest all at once.

Besides deep inside her I have some balls making some female pollen from CSing her bottom limb when she was about 3-4 weeks old. She had just started showing some pistils at that time. Same as her sister. I think that spraying might have stopped the flowering she started and caused her to go this long. I don't know.

She smells just like the first one. I might even pluck a nug and quick dry it and try it. Tomorrow. I can't wait to try the oil.

WJ

It sounds like a nightmare for you WJ & I wish I could offer more help but we don't really have squirrel problems in my parts.

There could be something in the cs theory, it could have triggered something?

I've got a little light update, he's been waiting for 6 weeks for power supplies & has just been informed of a delivery date. The eta of these is the 15th of Jan & he will have the panels ready & waiting for their final parts to be fitted. He uses a slow ass courier service so we're looking at the end of January, possibly the beginning of February before I receive them. Don't ya just hate having to wait??

On another note, I've just found out I didn't know how to spell February, I spelled it Febuary which I think looks & sounds better personally. Anyway, the oddest thing about me not knowing how it is spelled, I was born in fookin February so you'd think I'd know how to spell it. I can spell connoisseur ffs, I regularly got top marks in spelling when I was a kid. How did February slip through the net? I'm baffled but happy I now know how to spell my birth month after fourty odd years on this planet :)

Oh & I've just had an email to say my seed order has been shipped, I can't wait to get popping :)

That is a great feel good letting us smile and giggle at you today story skunny! It will always be Febuary to you the way it should be! It is indeed one of those odd letter arrangements that one wonders wtf. Just in honor of you buddy, I'm going to follow up and make sure I wish you a happee berth day in Febuary buddy :)

:Namaste:

I've been thinking about it all day mate & I can't get my head round the 'r' It just makes it sound stupid, I've been trying to pronounce it too & it sounds like I've just had my teeth out. I've now decided the world is wrong & it shall always remain febuary to me :)

Back
Top Bottom