Slowpuffer's 1st Run With High Brix

That will work, you can also do 3 gallons of water to 1 gallon of peroxide. Either will do the trick, just submerge them for about a minute and slightly agitate the flower. If you can just spin the branch in the bucket. I use those bus boy bins to wash so I just hold them under the water and agitate them. You can see bubbles in the flower while doing this.
Thanks so much Neiko !! Just got to find another 5gl bucket. i gave them one more Norcal 86 treatment, and now just waiting. Can't give them another, as they warn about a residual taste in the buds. Harmless, but a taste I don't want. Again, thanks for all your help !! BTW, It never spread to my ghost train haze !!

So, I gave the SD&BB a lite trans drench . And next will be a heavy GE drench, and then probably chop ? I can still see a little bit of PM on a few leaves, but all in all, I think the H202 will kill that, when I wash them. the buds are solid & Humongous on these SD&BB plants. But why can't I smell blueberry ??? They don't have much smell at all ?
Btw Duggan, I just read your durban poison & Chronic thread. I'm growing Durban poison, my next grow. 8 plants in two 4x4 tents. They're 8 weeks from seed, now. just been alternating drenches, with a water in between drenches. also have started high brix foliars, gonna start training soon. Gonna quad-line them, which is new to me, but I have mainlined, with 8 bud sites before, very successful. Any advise on Durban poison will be greatly appreciated !!

So, I gave the SD&BB a lite trans drench . And next will be a heavy GE drench, and then probably chop ? I can still see a little bit of PM on a few leaves, but all in all, I think the H202 will kill that, when I wash them. the buds are solid & Humongous on these SD&BB plants. But why can't I smell blueberry ??? They don't have much smell at all ?
The Blueberry plants I've done have a range of smells. The blueberry keepers are a little hard to find but I've found the fruity ones from Dutch Passion are really good plants too. I don't know that I've had one that had no smell though :hmmmm:

The Blueberry plants I've done have a range of smells. The blueberry keepers are a little hard to find but I've found the fruity ones from Dutch Passion are really good plants too. I don't know that I've had one that had no smell though :hmmmm:
If it's good smoke, then I can live without blueberry taste !! I'll get my berrys in morning cereal. My ghost train haze has the smell. When I open the tent, it's just takes over the senses with, lemon, lime, fruity. Smells like a roadside fruit stand !! Durban poison is next, you ever grow poison ?? Don't look forward to blooming for 12 weeks, but it is what it is !! Thanks for checking in on me Neiko !!

If it's good smoke, then I can live without blueberry taste !! I'll get my berrys in morning cereal. My ghost train haze has the smell. When I open the tent, it's just takes over the senses with, lemon, lime, fruity. Smells like a roadside fruit stand !! Durban poison is next, you ever grow poison ?? Don't look forward to blooming for 12 weeks, but it is what it is !! Thanks for checking in on me Neiko !!
I've grown 1 plant of Durban from Dutch Passion and it was excellent. I ran the clone a few times before letting it go but I still have a couple jars of it in the stash. I did pick up Durban from Sensi Seeds to run this summer, I'm hoping there's no indica or skunk in the Sensi version.

I've grown 1 plant of Durban from Dutch Passion and it was excellent. I ran the clone a few times before letting it go but I still have a couple jars of it in the stash. I did pick up Durban from Sensi Seeds to run this summer, I'm hoping there's no indica or skunk in the Sensi version.
I just trans drenched the 8 Durban. I'll take pics tomorrow after they perk up . I let them go till bottom leaves start wilting. Snapped one branch trying to train , I know better , when they're dry. Little duct tape, and we'll never know it happened.
And speaking of Indicas, I'm fairly sure 3-4 of the 8 are big old fat leaves. As a matter of fact, none have long narrow leaves. The guy I get my seeds from says they came from Dutch passion, 8 yrs. ago. This is the 3rd. batch of self-ed seeds he's made, since then. He's got a local following, and people I know, talk highly of him. I got these GTH & SD&BB clones from him and they're top shelf. Dispensary's in Ma., don't sell seeds or clones. If a seed don't pop, no problem, he'll bring you another !! Truth is, he saves me a lot of work, & $$ !! And I got no problem with some Indica !! Hope you had a good week-end Neiko ?

The Bberry diesel still has small trace amounts of PM, but I don't want to spray again, this close to harvest. I'm afraid of creating an environment for bud rot. I'm thinking if it gets to bad, I'll just chop & add a bucket of peroxide water to the wash routene ?? From what I'm reading, peroxide will damage some terpenes, but I'm just gonna have to live with what I'm working with. Hope I don't have to trash it !!

Day 66

So Thursday I started the harvest, thinking that i was gonna knock it out in one day, but the added peroxide bucket, really slowed me down, so did the extra trimming I did because of the PM. Takes a long time to perfectly trim a bud, which is normally unimportant to us. So I got two hanging the 1st day and then finished up Friday, late afternoon. Was a little hesitate dipping my herb into peroxide, but got over it . I harvested about a week early, but didn't want to treat the PM again, this close to chop, so it's done. Didn't take any pics. But I'll take some the day I start jarring them. A special thanks to Duggan and Neiko for all the expert advise. Now I hope for the best ?
Removed the window AC today, and been in general washing everything down with same peroxide. Disinfecting the whole area, before I harvest the 4 GThaze, which received another GI today, still not a trace of PM on them !!
Hope ever one is having a fun Saturday night. Will get some pics up soon !!

So the blueberry diesel in in jars, and at about 67% rh, so we're burping once a day for now. By that time, the rh should be down close to 62-60, some where in that zone. Because the rh dipped so low during harvest, that we only got like 3 days hang time, but even so, I got it under control now. Looking forward to sampling me some doc bud high brix blueberry diesel. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'll not completely eradicate the pm, without running a burner, which I can't do. So from this point forward, I will be doing a peroxide foliar every 4-5 days, or as needed.

The 4 GTHaze is down, washed and hanging, today is day one hang time. Rh is at 50% now, but tomorrow we're getting an arctic blast of the cold shit & low rh for a couple days. The blueberry diesel is shows no sign of PM after the H202 wash. But my 8 Durban poison seedlings, are showing early signs of PM.
With my situation, I don't believe I'll ever completely eradicate it from my room. I'll try and pick mold resistant strains and probably have to continuly run a preventive program . From my way of thinking, that's gonna mean more work. as soon as I get my GTHaze jarred, I'll start spraying & wipeing down every square inch of grow room with bleach & water. I've got hanging clothes in this closet, can the spores live on cloth ??
And then I'm thinking the 80 gl. of 1st.run soil, from the 2 grows is contaminated. I not only can't afford new Promix, I so don't want to trash it. Looking for advise as to reusing this soil? Can It be done ?

Hey Puff! I'd suggest posing your issue/question over on Docs thread to get more eyes on it. I'm Not sure about the soil but my gut says it will be ok. What I do think is you should ditch the seedlings. It's not worth the risk/hassle starting with pm from the get go. How about some pics? Maybe the crew will say different. Glad the h2o2 took care of you recent harvest!!

:passitleft:

Your soil will be fine. Fighting PM sucks and takes the fun out of growing, at least it did for me. As Ween suggested I wouldn't try and nurse those seedlings that are already showing signs of PM. Powdery Mildew is systemic, burning is really the only way to kill it for good. Will you have a point where you won't have any plants going? You could thoroughly clean everything including your pots. I don't remember if you're in cloth or plastic pots but I ditch the cloth ones and wash all the plastic pots. Even though it's dry in the winter that's when you are really most susceptible to it. When the lights go out the temps rapidly fall creating a spike in humidity that can be quite extreme and this is what is killing you. In the summer the humidity spike isn't as severe because the room is generally warmer.

Hey Puff! I'd suggest posing your issue/question over on Docs thread to get more eyes on it. I'm Not sure about the soil but my gut says it will be ok. What I do think is you should ditch the seedlings. It's not worth the risk/hassle starting with pm from the get go. How about some pics? Maybe the crew will say different. Glad the h2o2 took care of you recent harvest!!

:passitleft:
Thanks for the get back Ween !! Yeah, I did it like Neiko advised me to and so far looks like no pm to be seen. Might have killed off some terpenes, can't tell yet. And I know you're right about the seedlings, but I was hoping I can pull them thru. They're 45 days into veg, so not exactly fresh starts !! And I'll get some pics up soon. :passitleft: :reading420magazine::surf:

I took Medmanmike's advise and started treating my Durban poison with vinegar, today. 1.5 ozs. apple cider vinegar, in one quart of distilled water. rubbed it on with small paint brush and sprayed tops & bottoms of leaves and stems. in 3 days, I will treat with H202 again. They already looking lots better !! Anyone know if the left over vinegar water should be tossed or can it be kept and used for a week.
Tomorrow will be 5th. day hanging for the ghost train haze. all you misfits, ..ner de wells, have a good night !!

Tomorrow will be 5th. day hanging for the ghost train haze. all you misfits, ..ner de wells, have a good night !!

You need to sneak a sample of that! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You need to sneak a sample of that! :cheesygrinsmiley:
We did Gray, and It's very potent and smells real fruity, and leaves like sour lemon or lime after taste. Wife & i like it a lot !!
the blueberry diesel that i had to dip in H202 turned out better than I would ever have thought. I figured the H202 would kill most of the taste but not so. actually it's got more lemon taste than before the dip. We can't pinpoint the exact taste yet, and It's got a couple more weeks of curing. But main thing is we did salvage the crop. Thanks for stopping by Gray !!

Back
Top Bottom