First Time Trying The DBHBK! I Hope This Goes Well

Ahhhhh!!!! Thanks Amy and trust me I can tell. I read a few of your journals. Haha I read a few of
Journals of Archie's,Duggan and gazoo crazy... thanks for checking it out everyone. Does anyone check out doc's Instagram? He has a video on there about how to use the drenches where he completely submerges the plants. I been reading his "how to use the kit" thread ( probably not called that I'm not good at computers) . I'm like 20 pages deep and can't find if that is how he always waters or for a specific purpose.... am I over thinking this or does it matter?
Usually it is recommended to “dunk” the plants when they are vegging in one gallon containers. If you can man handle em’ in flower and dunk em’, more props to you. Soil can get heavy fast though haha.
When you dunk them, make sure the drench is double strength and I like to pour some water over top while the bottom is submerged. It makes these bubbles happen and it’s obvious when they stop your medium is completely wet.

Girls currently

Attachments

• 20190525_123809.jpg
    20190525_123809.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190525_123828.jpg
    20190525_123828.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 41
Archie thanks man I got nervous about how long I should wait for them to be completely dry and I think I waited roo long. I tried the method in the video. If doc does it it must be good
It’s a good enough technique. I did my first grow in the kit without dunking in veg. I’m experimenting with it at the moment and it nice and easy really. I have a two gallon bucket and I put a gallon of water in it and that’s enough for two one gallon containers it seems.
I give the leftovers to my veggie raised bed that has no veggies in it...yet lol
I been having trouble with the bottom leaves yellowing on my advance notes grow could that be from under watering or letting the humidity go too low because I recently done both of those things
You know after reading that out loud its probably both of those things hahaha
It’s likely, another thing it could be is a sign that the plant is rootbound. It could also just be hungry.
When my plants develop problems on their leaves like necrosis spots and such a I look for bugs first and then I check my last 24 hours of temp/humidity b
Side note..... ya boy is moving up in the world
Nice man! Grats!

Hi Rusty Archie and friends. Rusty , don't stress about "dunking' your pots/plants. I have NEVER done it,..it's not nessescary, Top watering is totally fine, and you don't have to use twice the product/Drench. Cheers. Water all Drenches at between 10 and 15 mls. per gal. of water. Water all plants with this mixture , all the time. Do not worry about how much soil in the pots etc. Just water with as much as it takes to thourally soak the pot. Wait untill the pots are fair;ly light/dry to water in veg. and keep soil moist all the time while in bloom , not letting it dry out so much .Cheers Rusty.

Hi Rusty,...that 'rule' of not feeding while "dry" does not apply to our soil and this system OK. A typical 'feeding' schedule may look like this....Transplant Drench W/Tea,......water,.......Water W 1/4 Transplant and Tea,.......GI Drench W/Tea,........Water W/1/4 Transplant and Tea,.........Transplant Drench W/Tea.,......repeat, but this is NOT written in stone...it's just a guideline. Size of pots and age of plants , along with general health are factors too.
The main idea is to alternate the two main Drenches of Transplant and G.I., with water in between . Keep asking questions ...Cheers.

Thanks man. So I should water with transplant and tea today then just keep up with the schedule?
Yup....u got it!:thumb:....but only if the soil is dry and the pots are light to lift OK. In veg. it's very important to let the pots dry out between waterings,...to encourage a robust root system. In bloom we don't do that,...we keep it moist all the time as to not stress them and keep them happy while blooming.

Yea, the last two feedings were just regular water. I was supposed to feed with transplant drench and tea last time but I was out of town and they just got water. I was going to feed the transplant today but I read that it is not good to give plants nutes when they are dry so I just did water this morning
Remember you are feeding the soil not the plant. If the plant is unhappy then the rootzone is unhappy. If the herd is firing on all cylinders then the plant will get everything it needs. If you just watered, let them dry out until they are just about to droop/wilt then soak them well with a transplant drench and let them drain off the excess water. You'll want to remove those yellow leaves as well. How's your environment?

Neikodog, my environment is good. Rh hovers around 40 to 50% and it stays 70 to 75 in my room. I will pick all the yellow leaves off today. I kinda messed up. I watered the plants last night but they weren't exactly soaked from the watering in the morning. Most of the water drained out because they were so dry so I soaked them with the transplant drench and tea

Back
Top Bottom